or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: October 2013 SPOILERS discussion

Ipsy Glam Bag: October 2013 SPOILERS discussion - Page 9

post #241 of 3075
For those of you with sparse or short lashes/brows, pick up a bottle of castor oil and apply some each night. I've had great success thickening and lengthening my lashes with castor oil. Plus it's like $1.95 for a huge bottle of it at the store!
post #242 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookeb View Post

For those of you with sparse or short lashes/brows, pick up a bottle of castor oil and apply some each night. I've had great success thickening and lengthening my lashes with castor oil. Plus it's like $1.95 for a huge bottle of it at the store!
My mom is very into natural medicine and she made my dad a hair/scalp tonic with castor oil since he's going bald. He actually had some new hair growth after a couple weeks! And where there wasn't new hair yet, you could feel little bumps on his scalp like the hair trying to push its way through. So strange, but it worked well!
post #243 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppymomofthree View Post
 

I want some dark nail colors (gray, deep purple, emerald green, or even black) and a dark berry lip stain!  Although I love the pups, I could get behind a cat bag.  Speaking of nails, what about some sort of matte topcoat?

 

I love the matte topcoat idea, I keep toying with the idea of getting Essie's.

post #244 of 3075

I love They're Real. I gave my mom a deluxe sized sample and she stabbed herself in the eye with it on the first try and refuses to use it ever again. Such a waste! I like Clump Crusher too, definitely one of the better inexpensive mascaras. Great Lash just doesn't work for me though. I keep trying it and it always makes my lashes so clumpy and stubby looking. (well...they are stubby...but making them un-stubby is the point of mascara!)

 

I already have a matte topcoat but I know a lot of people don't, so I think it's a really great idea. More useful than sending people their bajillionth polish anyway.

post #245 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl View Post
 

THIS! I tweeze the stray hairs under the brows, but I could count the hairs from about halfway to the tail of my brow on two hands. People always think I'm over tweezing them....I don't have the hairs to spare for tweezing! Oh man Rogaine for brows! YES!

 

Hah, apparently there are a lot of us, I thought I lived in sparse eyebrowland all alone. This warms my heart. Totally Rogaine for brows please!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookeb View Post

For those of you with sparse or short lashes/brows, pick up a bottle of castor oil and apply some each night. I've had great success thickening and lengthening my lashes with castor oil. Plus it's like $1.95 for a huge bottle of it at the store!

 

Oooh, neat, I'll definitely try anything for $1.95!

post #246 of 3075
Finally caught up smile.gif I can finally say that it's my birthday month!!! October 31st baby!! Plus it's my sweet sixteen! Ipsy I would love some benefit and the balm!! On the eyebrow topic I have bushy long eyebrows that drive me nuts! Also on DHL since I live in Canada ipsy uses a different courier but at WE day I learned the DHL provides free shipping for the African ladies that make rafiki (sp?) bracelets.... It makes me like them just a smudge more
post #247 of 3075

updates

post #248 of 3075
I want a nice red cosmetic bag this mont. perfect for fall!
post #249 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deareux View Post

Why don't they skip the lotion and just send everyone pie for October.

Pie subscriptions. I would get in on that action.

YUM.

yea, so today i randomly found a place that serves cupcake sized cheesecakes... I would love if they made their own chocolate bar that had little pink glitter lipsticks and stuff on it, and sent those once its cool enough for 99% to make it to their homes in one piece

post #250 of 3075

Oooh a red bag would be nice!

post #251 of 3075

My HG mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous Millions. I'm obsessed. Nothing compares to the length it gives me. Plus, with their true match foundation, L'Oreal is knocking it out of the park for my go-to staples!

post #252 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerenee View Post

My HG mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous Millions. I'm obsessed. Nothing compares to the length it gives me. Plus, with their true match foundation, L'Oreal is knocking it out of the park for my go-to staples!
I LOVE TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION! It is seriously my favorite ever, even better than Clinique and Estée Lauder.
post #253 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post
 

YUM.

yea, so today i randomly found a place that serves cupcake sized cheesecakes... I would love if they made their own chocolate bar that had little pink glitter lipsticks and stuff on it, and sent those once its cool enough for 99% to make it to their homes in one piece

 

That sounds amazing! I wouldn't mind getting mini cheesecakes and glittery chocolate bars in my bag. 

post #254 of 3075
Thread Starter 

Every once in a while I'd like something whimsy or just different. I saw this and thought it was cute.

 

post #255 of 3075
I am relatively new And don't post often but zadidoll I want that bag!
post #256 of 3075
Thread Starter 

Doing some digging into the wristlet and it appears that it's actually made by someone. The fabric is listed as ALEXANDER HENRY HALLOWEEN THE GHASTLIES HAUNTED HOUSE on Google. Doing some more searching and I found the Etsy store that sells it: http://www.etsy.com/listing/81860975/halloween-wristlet-clutch-purse-the And I found similar fabric but alas that orange fabric was discontinued. :( http://www.hawthornethreads.com/fabric/designer/alexander_henry_house_designer/ghastlies

post #257 of 3075

Alexander Henry makes some of the most amazing fabrics - one of my dearest friends is currently making me a skirt out of this fabric of his, that at first glance looks like normal toile de jouy, but if you look closer it's all skeletons! I think something like this would make an incredible bag for October.

 

post #258 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblossom View Post

Alexander Henry makes some of the most amazing fabrics - one of my dearest friends is currently making me a skirt out of this fabric of his, that at first glance looks like normal toile de jouy, but if you look closer it's all skeletons! I think something like this would make an incredible bag for October.


I WANT THIS!!!!
post #259 of 3075
I cannot figure out how to quote from my phone but Nooooo! In the discontinued fabric. It is reminiscent if nightmare before Christmas. I may need to find some similar fabric and do some craft magic.
post #260 of 3075

It reminds me Edward Gorey's drawings. This is Gashlycrumb Tinies.

 

All that goth talk reminds me of hanging out with my husband (boyfriend at the time, actually met him there) at the Goth Clubs. Goth makeup doesn't go with my skin tone so there are no pics of me in white makeup :P I should try some crazy makeup next time VNV Nation comes to San Diego, I didn't have much time for makeup last night for Depeche Mode.

 

post #261 of 3075
Thread Starter 

LOVE those prints!

post #262 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedl View Post
 

It reminds me Edward Gorey's drawings. This is Gashlycrumb Tinies.

 

All that goth talk reminds me of hanging out with my husband (boyfriend at the time, actually met him there) at the Goth Clubs. Goth makeup doesn't go with my skin tone so there are no pics of me in white makeup :P I should try some crazy makeup next time VNV Nation comes to San Diego, I didn't have much time for makeup last night for Depeche Mode.

 

 

LOVE EDWARD GOREY!!!! If you guys are a fan of art like this I suggest you look up Gris Grimly and Abigail Larson!! 

post #263 of 3075
Even though technically this is a Halloween theme for the typical person, this is stuff I use around my house on a gruesomely regular basis. Lmfao. I have a room dedicated to my "oddities". Like the tv show. Lol.
post #264 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblossom View Post
 

Alexander Henry makes some of the most amazing fabrics - one of my dearest friends is currently making me a skirt out of this fabric of his, that at first glance looks like normal toile de jouy, but if you look closer it's all skeletons! I think something like this would make an incredible bag for October.

 

 

Looks very Hieronymus Bosch-y, except it's in b&w :) I looooove his art, and I spent quite a few hours infront of his paintings checking out the details.

post #265 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post

Even though technically this is a Halloween theme for the typical person, this is stuff I use around my house on a gruesomely regular basis. Lmfao. I have a room dedicated to my "oddities". Like the tv show. Lol.

 

My house too! I have skulls in just about every room. :icon_chee

post #266 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post

Even though technically this is a Halloween theme for the typical person, this is stuff I use around my house on a gruesomely regular basis. Lmfao. I have a room dedicated to my "oddities". Like the tv show. Lol.

 

My house too! I have skulls in just about every room. :icon_chee

 

I have a bedroom for my 5 ferrets to live in....is that 'odd'? LOL

post #267 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post

My house too! I have skulls in just about every room. icon_cheesygrin.gif
I have a collection of various old medical tools and stuff. Plus i used to do a lot of trapping and unlike most people that do it, I tried to use as much of the animal as possible. Muskrats and beavers aren't good to eat, but I cleaned the skeletons and kept a bunch of them. Sounds strange and morbid, I know. Lol.
post #268 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Dynamite View Post

I have a bedroom for my 5 ferrets to live in....is that 'odd'? LOL
It might be odd to the average person, but I used to have a ferret and he had his own room too. Lmao. I also had another room set up for my rabbit and hedgehog!
post #269 of 3075
I've never had a ferret, but the two people I know who had them, they had rooms just for the ferrets.
post #270 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme502 View Post

I've never had a ferret, but the two people I know who had them, they had rooms just for the ferrets.

Not to get too OT..but yeah, that's the only way to do it really. They need a large safe space full of stuff to play in/with. Mine have a large cage that they sleep in, and then I let them out for 5 or 6 hours at a time to play. They are a lot of work but I have it down to a science biggrin.gif
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: October 2013 SPOILERS discussion