or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: January 2014 (Spoilers/Discussion!)

Ipsy Glam Bag: January 2014 (Spoilers/Discussion!) - Page 5

post #121 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post

I am already sad about canceling, but when over half my bags sit untouched for months it becomes unsustainable. I need to use up some of what I have first. But boy am I gonna miss spoiler days and pink mailers. (I still get the spoiler days I guess but now it will be like "Hey, look what you are NOT getting, but easily could be!") Can you tell I am having a hard time adjusting to the no-Ipsy idea?

Me too! I'm thinking one of two things will happen when all spoilers are revealed and people start getting their bags: 1) I will breathe a sigh of relief when only one item out of 15 appeals to me and my impulsive cancellation will be confirmed as the right decision, or 2) I'll immediately drool over all the goodies and resubscribe ASAP. ;) 

post #122 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post


OMG! I didn't know this could even happen! I have a can of veet hair remover stuff with the thing to scrape the hair off that I've been too afraid to try... Now I think I might just toss it!

I have the same thing at home and the only downside I've found is that my skin gets red and irritated for the next day or two but after that it's fine. I can see why you would be afraid to use it though; everyone's skin reacts differently to products like this.

post #123 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjcomtois View Post

I have the same thing at home and the only downside I've found is that my skin gets red and irritated for the next day or two but after that it's fine. I can see why you would be afraid to use it though; everyone's skin reacts differently to products like this.
Good to know! I'll probably try it eventually with a test spot area and have the hydrocortisone cream and Benadryl handy. Lol.
post #124 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post


Good to know! I'll probably try it eventually with a test spot area and have the hydrocortisone cream and Benadryl handy. Lol.

Did not mean to freak anyone out.  It was just my reaction to it - but I will NEVER ever try another hair removal cream again.

post #125 of 2888

Updates.

 

This will probably be my last Ipsy & then I'm cancelling. 

post #126 of 2888

My bag ideas for January or maybe the spring:


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Chirpy - Loaf Bag - Wren

 

PFM Wren Washbag & Make-up Bag Set

 

Love these bags. Especially the first one is so cute!

 

ETA:  Would love if Ipsy would do anything similar to these bags in the new year.


Edited by LuckyMoon - 12/26/13 at 10:22am
post #127 of 2888

Totally in love with ALL 3 bag samples above!!!!

post #128 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach16sm View Post

Totally in love with ALL 3 bag samples above!!!!
Ditto!!! Those are adorable!!!
post #129 of 2888

Seems like so many people are leaving after this. So sad. It doesn't help that there's no sneak peeks in sight! I feel like by sticking with Ipsy I am staying on a sinking ship.

 

Me, I'm happy with my bags. I don't love the shades and have too much makeup, but saying no to five generous or full-sized samples once a month for just $10 is... Well, impossible for me at this point. Ipsy would have to switch to the Birchbox system (i.e. tiny samples and foils) for me to be able to unsub. 

 

Now would you please, Ipsy, just give us some spoilers... I think actually figuring out what's coming in our bags is my favorite part of the sub!

post #130 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpyderp View Post
 

Seems like so many people are leaving after this. So sad. It doesn't help that there's no sneak peeks in sight! I feel like by sticking with Ipsy I am staying on a sinking ship.

 

Me, I'm happy with my bags. I don't love the shades and have too much makeup, but saying no to five generous or full-sized samples once a month for just $10 is... Well, impossible for me at this point. Ipsy would have to switch to the Birchbox system (i.e. tiny samples and foils) for me to be able to unsub. 

 

Now would you please, Ipsy, just give us some spoilers... I think actually figuring out what's coming in our bags is my favorite part of the sub!

Do we usually get spoilers this early?  I thought the first one usually came out closer to the first of the month.  

post #131 of 2888

I would love to see a slightly bigger bag this month. The bag for Dec was awesome, but it was a little small for makeup. I'm thinking it would be a great clutch though.

post #132 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
 

Do we usually get spoilers this early?  I thought the first one usually came out closer to the first of the month.  

We probably do have to wait for the beginning of the month. They don't usually send out spoilers until they start billing. I'd imagine it's because they can't have people suddenly cancelling they're subscription because they don't like the spoilers. That'd be quite the mess to deal with.

Sooo...billing will start on January 1st which is a Wednesday. So we should be getting a sneak peek some time next week! Oooh. That rhymed. :headphonedance: 

post #133 of 2888

Those bags really are cute! I would love to get something like that :)

post #134 of 2888
Christmas is over, now it's time to get my focus back to my guilty pleasure, my sub boxes. Yay!
post #135 of 2888

I would love some other nail stuff to go with all the polish I get...I could really use a nice base coat/top coat, remover wipes, cuticle sticks/cream/oil, etc.

post #136 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by biancardi View Post
 

The only nail polish I would love to get is a dark color in a matte finish.   At this point, I am glittered out (and I love my glitter polishes - but have too many of them!  no one wants them)

Ooooooh, me me Meeeee!!! Can you tell I love me some GLITTER!!? LOL!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpyderp View Post
 

Seems like so many people are leaving after this. So sad. It doesn't help that there's no sneak peeks in sight! I feel like by sticking with Ipsy I am staying on a sinking ship.

 

Me, I'm happy with my bags. I don't love the shades and have too much makeup, but saying no to five generous or full-sized samples once a month for just $10 is... Well, impossible for me at this point. Ipsy would have to switch to the Birchbox system (i.e. tiny samples and foils) for me to be able to unsub. 

 

Now would you please, Ipsy, just give us some spoilers... I think actually figuring out what's coming in our bags is my favorite part of the sub!

dito.gif mat.gif

post #137 of 2888

Love the bags with the birds in the trees. It actually reminds me of the wrapping paper I used for Christmas except it was white with silver/grays trees and red birds.

post #138 of 2888
Would be great to get a fitness themed bag with products that are good for gym hair/ makeup.
post #139 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepenguins View Post

Would be great to get a fitness themed bag with products that are good for gym hair/ makeup.

 

Nooooo thank you ;_; I don't need more reminders that I'm incapable of exercising haha. That sort of theme seems really selective and exclusionary.

post #140 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblossom View Post

Nooooo thank you ;_; I don't need more reminders that I'm incapable of exercising haha. That sort of theme seems really selective and exclusionary.

I see your point. Still, a lot of products that work in a gym bag (like a moisturizing shower gel) are good for travel in general, which might mean more useful products for all than the "red lipstick" theme a lot of people are sick of.
post #141 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepenguins View Post

Would be great to get a fitness themed bag with products that are good for gym hair/ makeup.

 

On one hand, that'd be useful (though when I do work out, I don't go to the gym so I can just use my stuff at home, haha) but on the other hand, it might feel like my Ipsy bag is nagging me! lol :)

post #142 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepenguins View Post


I see your point. Still, a lot of products that work in a gym bag (like a moisturizing shower gel) are good for travel in general, which might mean more useful products for all than the "red lipstick" theme a lot of people are sick of.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind just a "portable essentials" sort of them. A nice shower gel, a nice palette with neutral and multi-purpose products, some kind of moisture product. They could just go with a refreshing kind of theme - it would work for gym, travel, etc.

post #143 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepenguins View Post

Would be great to get a fitness themed bag with products that are good for gym hair/ makeup.

 

 

Ha! Perfect for January! Though by the time we get our bags, I think most of us will have given up on that resolution. :icon_chee 

post #144 of 2888
A spa-themed bag with aromatherapy products, body creme/wash/scrub, and maybe a candle, herbal tea, and meditative music download would be right up my alley after the holidays.
post #145 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicked View Post

A spa-themed bag with aromatherapy products, body creme/wash/scrub, and maybe a candle, herbal tea, and meditative music download would be right up my alley after the holidays.

Sounds like Birchbox. :P

post #146 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicked View Post

A spa-themed bag with aromatherapy products, body creme/wash/scrub, and maybe a candle, herbal tea, and meditative music download would be right up my alley after the holidays.

I would love all of that minus the download :)

 

Maybe an aromatherapy/relaxation rollerball, a bath bomb...

post #147 of 2888
"Meditative" music makes me want to stab myself in the ears. All that pseudo-zen flute shit you hear in spas makes me into some incoherent ragey monster. I would be really really dismayed if a makeup sub sent stuff like that out.
post #148 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblossom View Post

"Meditative" music makes me want to stab myself in the ears. All that pseudo-zen flute shit you hear in spas makes me into some incoherent ragey monster. I would be really really dismayed if a makeup sub sent stuff like that out.

OK, your boxes will include no sharp objects and some skin-smoothing mittens, and maybe a straightjacket moisturizing body wrap... :smiletongue: 

 

Or they could give you a choice of "guided meditation," "pseudo-zen flute shit," "yoga workout," or "cool artists we like now."

 

The download seems like more of a Birchbox thing than an Ipsy thing, but I think it would be pretty cool if they included a downloadable album with each bag to fit with its theme. It's a little hokey, but it would reinforce the theme, cost them nothing so it wouldn't need to replace an item in the box, and I desperately need some new tunes.

post #149 of 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepenguins View Post

Would be great to get a fitness themed bag with products that are good for gym hair/ makeup.

I like this idea.  I also like getting "detox" types of items in January.  A nourishing mask or restorative products can be nice after the holidays.  

post #150 of 2888

I'm personally looking for a lip scrub and/or a body scrub. Oh, Ipsy goddesses!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: January 2014 (Spoilers/Discussion!)