or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Beauty Bar's Sample Society › Discussions › Sample Society December 2013

Sample Society December 2013

post #1 of 78
Thread Starter 
Saw this on Facebook 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
You heard it first: December #SampleSociety boxes will feature Caviar Dry Shampoo from Alterna Haircare.
Photo: You heard it first: December #SampleSociety boxes will feature Caviar Dry Shampoo from Alterna Haircare. Not a member? Sign up here: http://bit.ly/NTtESt
 
post #2 of 78

Oh, brother...I got this before from one of the zillion boxes I sub to and I was not particularly impressed :sadno:

post #3 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany27la View Post

Oh, brother...I got this before from one of the zillion boxes I sub to and I was not particularly impressed sadno.gif

Really? Bummer. I always look forward to trying new dry shampoos. It doesn't look to be a spray though, which looks like it could be a pain to apply. I really want to try the Amika one that BB sampled.
post #4 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildrporkchop View Post


Really? Bummer. I always look forward to trying new dry shampoos. It doesn't look to be a spray though, which looks like it could be a pain to apply. I really want to try the Amika one that BB sampled.

This. a thousand times...THIS. The way it's packaged makes it next to impossible to shake out of the bottle.

post #5 of 78

Not into dry shampoos... 

 

I don't know what I want from this box. November's rocked!

post #6 of 78

Dry shampoo is not my thing either - not very thrilled.

 

My dashboard indicates they'll start shipping the next box on Dec 11... is it just me, or do they typically ship this late during holiday season? I wasn't sub-ing to SS last year and am wondering.

post #7 of 78

Sneak peak number 2 is up: "Some #SampleSociety members will be receiving Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant samples in their December boxes."

I still have half of a fairly large sample of this, but I wouldn't complain about a spare. It's a good product, though I find myself forgetting to use it.

 

post #8 of 78

Renewing my sample society subscription and subbing for updates!

post #9 of 78

After the sneak peaks, decided to cancel for this month. Wish there was a pause option / skip but oh well. I still have that dry shampoo sample from a Blush box months ago :P

post #10 of 78

Klorane is my favorite dry shampoo by far, but this one isn't terrible. It does smell nice. I found the easiest way to apply was to shake some onto my hands, rub my hands together, and run my hands through my hair, paying attention to the roots. Let it sit a minute or two, and then brush it out. I think it would be a frustrating disaster trying to apply this directly to your hair.

post #11 of 78

My dashboard shows shipping starting December 6 (Friday).  I guess they are a bit backed up from Thanksgiving and whatever Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals they are running.

 

I'm getting Kit E this month.  Dry shampoo doesn't play nice with my superfine hair, so that's going straight to my trade list.  I like the Dermalogica product, so a win with that.  Will be curious to see what else they have in store for us.

post #12 of 78
Thread Starter 

Getting Kit B this month!

post #13 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci View Post
 

Getting Kit B this month!

Kit twins! Mine says it is scheduled to be delivered on the 6th. Thank you, Sample Society, for shipping at the beginning of the month. I'm excited!

post #14 of 78

I'm new to this subscription.  How do you tell which kit you are getting? All my Dashboard shows is the notice about shipping starting on Dec. 6.

post #15 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethanys View Post
 

I'm new to this subscription.  How do you tell which kit you are getting? All my Dashboard shows is the notice about shipping starting on Dec. 6.

 

Go to My Account > Order History, Status, Returns & Receipts

 

post #16 of 78

I'm getting kit B as well. It seems that most people are. I'm excited for the dry shampoo. I have terrible hair that gets oily after an hour after blow drying or air drying, and I have bleached hair so I don't want to wash every day like I used to. Plus, Alterna products are amazing.

post #17 of 78

I'm getting kit A.

post #18 of 78

Anyone else getting Kit C? It's my first month, so I'm super excited to see what's inside, especially the Alterna Dry Shampoo. I just recently became obsessed with their entire line, it's perfect for my finicky hair. 

post #19 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyeggos View Post
 

Anyone else getting Kit C? It's my first month, so I'm super excited to see what's inside, especially the Alterna Dry Shampoo. I just recently became obsessed with their entire line, it's perfect for my finicky hair. 

I'm getting Kit C also.

post #20 of 78
Kit D here
post #21 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by panicked View Post
 

 

Go to My Account > Order History, Status, Returns & Receipts

 

Thanks! I'm getting Kit C.

post #22 of 78

I'm getting Kit C. Can't wait to see what's inside!

post #23 of 78

kit A for me! I've actually gotten kit A everytime except for the month which we got Butter London polish (not sure if that means anything or not)....

post #24 of 78
Kit d for me. Wonder what is in it? I may cancel soon as I've built up quite a stash of skin care, I do like this subscription though. Debating calling for the contents...need to see if there are any extras in it for my Santee before I ship..
post #25 of 78
Ok stream of consciousness posting here lol. Called for the spoiler for kit D. Very friendly customer service smile.gif. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
kit D has of course the Alterna dry shampoo, the daily microfoliant, Murad pore minimizer, Philosophy Hope in a jar Night cream, Stila lip glacé in Starfruit.
post #26 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckondik View Post

Ok stream of consciousness posting here lol. Called for the spoiler for kit D. Very friendly customer service smile.gif. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
kit D has of course the Alterna dry shampoo, the daily microfoliant, Murad pore minimizer, Philosophy Hope in a jar Night cream, Stila lip glacé in Starfruit.

oh wow.... that actually sounds like a wonderful box!!!

post #27 of 78

Kit D is awesome! I have Kit A

post #28 of 78
Getting Kit E!
post #29 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci View Post
 
Saw this on Facebook
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
You heard it first: December #SampleSociety boxes will feature Caviar Dry Shampoo from Alterna Haircare.
Photo: You heard it first: December #SampleSociety boxes will feature Caviar Dry Shampoo from Alterna Haircare.  Not a member? Sign up here: http://bit.ly/NTtESt
 

Alterna AGAIN???

 

While this particular product is a first, I have received no fewer than 13 samples of various Alterna products in the past year, either in sub boxes or freebies with purchase from different sites. I haven't been impressed with them thus far and I am so tired of seeing them!

post #30 of 78

Another Kit C here, but Kit D sounds fantastic!  I hate the way they phrase things.  If I believed the SS site, I'm getting my box tomorrow, but clearly, that is not the case.  It doesn't even have a tracking number on it, but it says it will be delivered on the 6th.  My guess is it's shipping out tomorrow and I'll have it some time early next week.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beauty Bar's Sample Society
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Beauty Bar's Sample Society › Discussions › Sample Society December 2013