or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Julep › Discussions › (spoilers) Julep January 2014

(spoilers) Julep January 2014

post #1 of 375
Thread Starter 

This year has certainly flown by in another 12 days we get to pick our maven boxes for January 2014. What is every one looking forward to?

post #2 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post
 

This year has certainly flown by in another 12 days we get to pick our maven boxes for January 2014. What is every one looking forward to?

I feel like I just signed up for Julep yesterday but that was back in August. 

 

I'm not good at keeping my polish seasonal/on-trend, so as far as what I feel like in January, I don't know. But I do know I want more blues! And maybe purples. I have WAY too many pinks/reds and plenty of glitters... but my blue spectrum is falling short!

post #3 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post
 

I feel like I just signed up for Julep yesterday but that was back in August. 

 

I'm not good at keeping my polish seasonal/on-trend, so as far as what I feel like in January, I don't know. But I do know I want more blues! And maybe purples. I have WAY too many pinks/reds and plenty of glitters... but my blue spectrum is falling short!

I love the color blue and have a lot of blue nail polish.  But I will always get more!  I just need new & different colors, I feel like I'm at the point where I get a new color only to find that I already have one very similar.  

 

I also feel like I don't need any pink/red and have enough glitters right now.  

 

Julep, bring in the new year with some new & exciting textures and colors.

 

ETA:  I also hope they keep doing the nail polish only and classics upgrades like last month.  Those options are great!


Edited by LuckyMoon - 12/8/13 at 2:49pm
post #4 of 375

I want a New Years theme with glittery polishes in different shades and some new metallic! Perhaps golds, reds, champagnes, blue shimmers, etc.  I always want more  purple nail polish.

post #5 of 375
Another vote for more foils/metallics over here! A nice icy blue would be amazing. I'm really hoping that there's an all-shimmery-and-cool It Girl box with a sparkly add-on or two. I have enough points for a free box plus one or two add-ons, and I'm a January baby, so I'm looking at it as a birthday present!
post #6 of 375
What they said !!
post #7 of 375
Has anyone gotten a gift card from julep for $6.99?
post #8 of 375
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaMingo View Post

Has anyone gotten a gift card from julep for $6.99?

No

post #9 of 375
I'm hoping for some fun textures. I also would like something like The topcoats that change the look of your polish.I'm thinking of the ones in Sephora the new X line.
post #10 of 375
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimsalot View Post

I'm hoping for some fun textures. I also would like something like The topcoats that change the look of your polish.I'm thinking of the ones in Sephora the new X line.

That would be nice!

post #11 of 375

I want some really unique polishes. I've been a maven for a year and a half, so things are starting to get repetitive. I have a pretty large collection of nail polish (~100 bottles between all the brands) and so I need something special to make me purchase. Something in the same realm as Jovelle (Joyelle? I can't remember the name) from last month's Boho Glam box.

post #12 of 375

I still want a champagne colored shimmery polish and a holographic sand finish (if that's possible?).  A collection like Max in all different colors would be cool.  Would love to see them do a bath/body/hand care type product rather than more makeup.

post #13 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post
 

I still want a champagne colored shimmery polish and a holographic sand finish (if that's possible?).  Would love to see them do a bath/body/hand care type product rather than more makeup.

 I agree with all of this! I'm not a huge fan of their makeup (except for the kajal stick -- I use that almost every day), but I've always been impressed with their skin care products. I'd love a champagne polish, but since they released one in that trio set recently, I'm not sure they'd recycle that fast. For the next set, I'd like to see

the red - a cherry shimmer

the blue - an icy textured glitter, like OPI's Tiffany Case

the yellow - not at all, lol! Okay, how about a pale gold holo.

the green - dark evergreen cream

the nude - a pale pink sheer

the purple - plum/lavender glitter topper in a clear base

the unusual color - I really loved Ciara from October, so a coordinated constrasting base and glitter like that, although I can't think of any good combos myself.

 

I skipped December because I felt like I had a lot of those shades already and I didn't want the makeup, so I'd love to see the beauty gift go back to skin care or offer something different, like an eye makeup remover or tools. But I think from the survey questions, we're likely to get blush/bronzer next.

post #14 of 375
I'm still on the hunt for a nice dark (but not too dark) forest green. Also hoping they get away from makeup and go back to skin/body care (hello cleansing oil anyone?). 2014 is full of possibilities! biggrin.gif
post #15 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post

I'm still on the hunt for a nice dark (but not too dark) forest green. Also hoping they get away from makeup and go back to skin/body care (hello cleansing oil anyone?). 2014 is full of possibilities! biggrin.gif

 

Diane is a nice dark green.

 

http://www.julep.com/diane.html

post #16 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

I still want a champagne colored shimmery polish and a holographic sand finish (if that's possible?).  A collection like Max in all different colors would be cool.  Would love to see them do a bath/body/hand care type product rather than more makeup.

A holo sand is totally possible! Essence has one. I think they actually have a few in Europe, but there's only one released so far in the US, and it may be available only in Fred Meyer, a Pacific Northwest-only chain. It's a black, and it's gorgeous. I may or may not have sent one to my nails Secret Santee.
post #17 of 375
A couple of people in a Julep group I'm in on Facebook posted a photo of the January colors and gave the theme of the collection.
post #18 of 375

one of the girls on a Facebook group I'm on snapped a pic of the Jan collection at the Julep Pop Up Shop!!!!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
*

 

post #19 of 375

here's another view

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #20 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Blenkle View Post
 

here's another view

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

nice!   apparently The bottom left three are going to be minis sold with a mini freedom top coat, all four together as an add on.  Which makes sense to me!  Other than those, they go together really well - I may actually get this box!

post #21 of 375

I am seriously excited about those. Polish upgrade for (almost) sure. Not the best timing with billing right after Christmas when I've already spent so much $$ this month though ;-) 

post #22 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariahk83 View Post
 

one of the girls on a Facebook group I'm on snapped a pic of the Jan collection at the Julep Pop Up Shop!!!!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
*

 

After really looking at them... I think I would only really want hannah, mae, and lani. I have SO MANY golds/silvers and really don't need more. I only have one gray I think, and I welcome more blues/greens. Jan seems a very neutral heavy and I rarely wear neutrals. 

 

I'm hoping two of the ones I want are together so I only have to pick one as an add-on. 25$ would be better than 30$. Lol

post #23 of 375

I wonder if they are grouped by collection. Like...


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Annemarie/Farrah/Hope = It Girl

Hannah/Noelle = Boho Glam

Margot/Mae = Bombshell

Mona/Abigail = CWAT

 

post #24 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by dousedingin View Post
 

After really looking at them... I think I would only really want hannah, mae, and lani. I have SO MANY golds/silvers and really don't need more. I only have one gray I think, and I welcome more blues/greens. Jan seems a very neutral heavy and I rarely wear neutrals. 

 

I'm hoping two of the ones I want are together so I only have to pick one as an add-on. 25$ would be better than 30$. Lol

im loving farrah, noelle and abigail!  

post #25 of 375
I will have to get Abigail for sure, since that is my daughter's name. It is a really beautiful collection.
post #26 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariahk83 View Post
 

im loving farrah, noelle and abigail!  

I like farrah and noelle also, but I wonder if it's just the finish i like. I figure a matte top coat could probably do the same thing to a few colors I already have...

post #27 of 375

Hannah reminds me of Westside Warrior from China Glaze which I already own. And, a few of the others I have dupes for too. I think I might skip again this month (unless there's a limit on how many months you can skip.) And, just get another mystery box and a few duos if they are on sale.

post #28 of 375

I am liking these colors a lot! I love the idea of a minis only box...  but I don't think I'll get it because they are all so bright, and I'm loving the neutral tone of the fullsize. Out of all of them my favorites are Hannah, Annemarie, and Abigail. If they are grouped the way @cari12 said, I would probably get Boho Glam or It Girl (depending on the product). I'm so excited now!

post #29 of 375

I just posted this in the December thread and wanted to post it here too.

 

I have a bunch of Julep discount codes up for grabs if anyone wants them, Free Nail Color(x2), Free Freedom Top Coat,$10 of order, 30% of entire order, 40% off entire order and 50% off entire order.

 

Discount fine print:

Offer expires 12/13/13 at 11:59pm PT. Offer may not be combined with any other promotion or discount. Promotional code must be entered at checkout to receive discount. Promotional code only applicable when shopping bag subtotal meets or exceeds $25 and is valid for one use only. Offer excludes julep.com gift card purchases and gift of Maven purchases. No exchanges or returns. No adjustments on previous purchases. Taxes vary by location


Edited by zorabell - 12/13/13 at 3:54am
post #30 of 375
Anyone know what the theme is? Just curious smile.gif I'm not sure about these yet...there are a few I like but it seems like the ones I like are always in different collections! We'll see...I always get really excited for the 20th and then end up skipping most months lol. I usually just get the polishes I want later on during some promotion.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Julep
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Julep › Discussions › (spoilers) Julep January 2014