or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy February 2014 (Discussion/Sneak Peeks) [merged]

Ipsy February 2014 (Discussion/Sneak Peeks) [merged] - Page 9

post #241 of 3151
Oh I'm complaining. Lol this is why we moved South! Go away snow!

Jbrookeb, I don't think anyone was singling you out. I hope everything at the dispatch center goes well tonight and you get the chance to play outside later!

And Amby6912 I really hope your ankle feels better soon! And that all that ice goes away!
post #242 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerenee View Post

Like I posted on twitter earlier today: Hey South, I'll let you complain when your pipes burst and your car battery freezes. Until then, put on some flannel and suck it up!!


Where the heck do you live where it reaches 50 below?? Holy crap I want to experience snowy seasons by no thank you to that kind of cold!
post #243 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookeb View Post


Where the heck do you live where it reaches 50 below?? Holy crap I want to experience snowy seasons by no thank you to that kind of cold!

Wisconsin! And I'm actually in the 'warm' part of the state haha.

To be fair that's with the wind chill. It's like...negative 25 otherwise.

 

It's so sad how used to this weather people are up here. We're all like 'YAY IT'S ABOVE ZERO TODAY! LET'S DO STUFF OUTSIDE!' 

post #244 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Oh I'm complaining. Lol this is why we moved South! Go away snow!

Jbrookeb, I don't think anyone was singling you out. I hope everything at the dispatch center goes well tonight and you get the chance to play outside later!

And Amby6912 I really hope your ankle feels better soon! And that all that ice goes away!

Thanks! I'm actually surprised I've not had more calls other than trees falling on powerlines and whatnot. There was a 13-car pileup on I10 just west of our city where a semi plunged off a bridge into the bay. After the highway patrol realized all the interstate bridges and overpasses were iced over, they shut the entire interstate down for about 100 miles. There was also a train derailment into a river - I think 4 cars of phosphoric and sulfuric acids fell into the river. This kind of weather is so uncharacteristic for our area so most people don't know what to expect.

Our city has a lot of violent crime for the size it is. The positive to the cold weather is it's keeping the ne'er-do-wellers at home. Nary a shooting, stabbing, or beating since the cold moved it. biggrin.gif
post #245 of 3151

I'm just sitting here in LA dreaming of wearing my extensive cold weather wardrobe. Sighhhh

 

 

Thankfully we should be getting a bit of rain again, for the second time in the 8 months I have lived here. sheesh, in Berkeley one semester it rained at some point every day for months straight.

post #246 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amby6912 View Post
 

I live in Texas and I want my warm weather back, dang it! This bipolar crap is driving me nuts! We got ice last night and today I slipped and frikked my ankle up pretty badly...so cold states, take your weather back! brrrr.gifbrrrr.gifbrrrr.gifbrrrr.gifbrrrr.gifbrrrr.gifbrrrr.gifbrrrr.gif 

Sorry about your ankle!  No worries it is still freezing in the cold states.  I'm pretty sure it was 14 degrees yesterday and my face nearly froze off.  

post #247 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlamGal View Post
 

Sorry about your ankle!  No worries it is still freezing in the cold states.  I'm pretty sure it was 14 degrees yesterday and my face nearly froze off.  

It was -8 here yesteday, and that's not even counting windchill brrrr.gif I figured that groceries can wait!

post #248 of 3151
Wow that joke got out of hand quickly. My sarcasm wasn't insinuating that it doesn't suck to live where you guys don't have the infrastructure to handle snow and ice. Duh, of course that sucks. And I'm sorry you all have to deal with it. I wouldn't wish this weather on my worst enemy.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's finally above zero here so I need to dig out my flip flops and shorts so I can go thaw my car battery and break up the ice in my washing machine!!! :-) :-) It's downright balmy today! Who wants to go get patio beers with me later when it hits 10 degrees?!
post #249 of 3151

Back on Topic: It looks like they removed the Beauty Blender and replaced with the little NYX palette AGAIN. I'm fuming because I have 830 points and I've been waiting to get enough so I could finally get/try the dang Beauty Blender and now it's gone.

 

They REALLY need to come out with more rewards.

post #250 of 3151
I think they need to come out with more rewards AND more ways to earn points. There is no way I will reach 1000 points and that makes me very sad.
post #251 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerenee View Post

Now if you'll excuse me, it's finally above zero here so I need to dig out my flip flops and shorts so I can go thaw my car battery and break up the ice in my washing machine!!! :-) :-) It's downright balmy today! Who wants to go get patio beers with me later when it hits 10 degrees?!

You're not from Buffalo, are you???

post #252 of 3151

It was -15 here the other day and I left my coat in the car while running errands because I didn't feel like carrying it around the in the mall ><

 

Regarding the blender, it seems like it was one of the most popular items, so maybe they've run out?

 

It's interesting to note that if you redeemed points for the Nyx palette way back the first time, it's still listed as redeemed so you can't get another one.

post #253 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by button6004 View Post

I think they need to come out with more rewards AND more ways to earn points. There is no way I will reach 1000 points and that makes me very sad.

 

The rewards so far haven't been anything amazing to me, even the blender isn't that expensive to buy at Sephora or something. It stinks they offer a points system that really can't be used unless you get a ton of referrals, but it isn't like they have this great store of options to choose from either.  So I just kind of ignore it and take my $10 Ipsy bags for what they are.  :)

 

Hopefully they will change things in the future, but I'm not holding my breath!

post #254 of 3151
It's like -18 in Montreal and that's not even as cold as it has been lately.

And I still want to try to get the high beam (even though I probably won't get enough points in time) but them switching out the beauty blender for a nyx palette...depending on which palette it is, it's probably pretty inexpensive :/
post #255 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjcomtois View Post

It's like -18 in Montreal and that's not even as cold as it has been lately.

And I still want to try to get the high beam (even though I probably won't get enough points in time) but them switching out the beauty blender for a nyx palette...depending on which palette it is, it's probably pretty inexpensive :/

Ugh don't remind me. I have errands to run today and I really don't want to leave the basement XD

 

The palette is this one - http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-71-bronze-smokey-look-kit-s109b.aspx

 

I grabbed one last time it was available and while it's nothing mind-blowing, I don't regret using my points on it at all. The colours are soft and reasonably pigmented, the packaging is small and sturdy, great for tossing into my purse if I know I'm going to want to add some oomph to my makeup on the go (like if I'm going out for dinner after physio or something).

post #256 of 3151

I'll be hitting 1000 points with my february bag so i'm hoping something good gets put up.  The High Beam is great but i don't really use it.  I guess I could give it as a gift but, I was really wanting to try the beauty blender.  This is only my 6th month so I still have a few months to see what I want before the majority expire.  

post #257 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Oh I'm complaining. Lol this is why we moved South! Go away snow!

Jbrookeb, I don't think anyone was singling you out. I hope everything at the dispatch center goes well tonight and you get the chance to play outside later!

And Amby6912 I really hope your ankle feels better soon! And that all that ice goes away!

Thanks! The crazy thing is it was barely even any ice and almost all of it was gone by 5 PM yesterday and the rest went away today.I don't care if it's colder than I'm used to I would just like the weather to pick a temp-warm or cold- and stay there instead of drastically going between the two. And frankly, spring just needs to come round everywhere haha! 

post #258 of 3151

We really can't handle the cold winter weather in the south. There were almost 8000 students in GA and AL that had to sleep on school buses or in school gyms last night because of the snow. I'm in W. TN and thankfully where I live we had a light dusting that melted by 10 am. It's 28 degrees today and I was outside for 5 minutes and had to come in because my hands were frozen and my nose was running. LOL I'll be the first to admit I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather. 

 

Back on the topic of Ipsy, I do wish the points system was better but what can you do. I think they should either have different items available at different point levels or make the points not expire, that way long time subscribers can redeem points even after a year. I know these have been mentioned before but I agree. It might also cut down on all the spam on the facebook page. I wish people would at least post the referral link that doesn't have that huge picture!

post #259 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlepopples View Post
 

We really can't handle the cold winter weather in the south. There were almost 8000 students in GA and AL that had to sleep on school buses or in school gyms last night because of the snow. I'm in W. TN and thankfully where I live we had a light dusting that melted by 10 am. It's 28 degrees today and I was outside for 5 minutes and had to come in because my hands were frozen and my nose was running. LOL I'll be the first to admit I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather. 

 

Back on the topic of Ipsy, I do wish the points system was better but what can you do. I think they should either have different items available at different point levels or make the points not expire, that way long time subscribers can redeem points even after a year. I know these have been mentioned before but I agree. It might also cut down on all the spam on the facebook page. I wish people would at least post the referral link that doesn't have that huge picture!

I feel like this points system thing is a regular gripe about Ipsy. Has anyone asked their CS about it, or read where they have given any indications about changing it? Since it is one of the big dividing factors between them and BB, I would imagine they would want to improve it if only to get back customers who have left them but stayed with BB for the points.

post #260 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarter View Post
 

I feel like this points system thing is a regular gripe about Ipsy. Has anyone asked their CS about it, or read where they have given any indications about changing it? Since it is one of the big dividing factors between them and BB, I would imagine they would want to improve it if only to get back customers who have left them but stayed with BB for the points.

I know people have asked about the points on facebook and they usually say something along the lines of we are working to improve on our points system please tell us what you would like to see. But I don't know that they've taken any ideas into consideration. I would be happy if points didn't expire. Even if it did take 13 or 14 months to build up enough points at least I could get something. 

post #261 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlepopples View Post
 

I know people have asked about the points on facebook and they usually say something along the lines of we are working to improve on our points system please tell us what you would like to see. But I don't know that they've taken any ideas into consideration. I would be happy if points didn't expire. Even if it did take 13 or 14 months to build up enough points at least I could get something. 

 

I can't lie, every time someone has mentioned the points expiring, I can hear Drew Cary saying "Welcome to ipsy, where the store sucks and the points don't matter!". But yeah, the expiration is the big irritating factor to me. It pushes you into needing referrals which I understand from a business perspective, but from a consumer perspective it doesn't inspire loyalty. Their "store" really is bad so it makes it easy to ignore the points system, but if they are offering the points in the first place they need to be a viable options for the majority of subscribers.

post #262 of 3151

After watching this review on YouTube:

 

http://youtu.be/wYM9p9mkD5A

 

I want more than anything for Ipsy to send us Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss samples like the one in the video.  The sample is like the one Ipsy sent out for the UD Revolution lipstick, so maybe there's a chance! 

post #263 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarter View Post
 

 

I can't lie, every time someone has mentioned the points expiring, I can hear Drew Cary saying "Welcome to ipsy, where the store sucks and the points don't matter!".

Just spit tea at my monitor laughing at that!

post #264 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post
 

After watching this review on YouTube:

 

http://youtu.be/wYM9p9mkD5A

 

I want more than anything for Ipsy to send us Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss samples like the one in the video.  The sample is like the one Ipsy sent out for the UD Revolution lipstick, so maybe there's a chance! 

Ohhh, that would be great!

 

It would also be a good opportunity to even the playing field a little, if they gave them to folks who didn't get the Revolution sample (but that would make me sad, since I did get one of those!)

post #265 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookeb View Post


Where the heck do you live where it reaches 50 below?? Holy crap I want to experience snowy seasons by no thank you to that kind of cold!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post
 

Wisconsin! And I'm actually in the 'warm' part of the state haha.

To be fair that's with the wind chill. It's like...negative 25 otherwise.

 

It's so sad how used to this weather people are up here. We're all like 'YAY IT'S ABOVE ZERO TODAY! LET'S DO STUFF OUTSIDE!' 

I'm in Chicago and in the past two weeks we have had quite a few days that were either -25 or -50. Barf. It's going to be 20 tomorrow and I'm actually excited for it. 

post #266 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autym Henderson View Post
 

 

 

I'm in Chicago and in the past two weeks we have had quite a few days that were either -25 or -50. Barf. It's going to be 20 tomorrow and I'm actually excited for it. 

Des Moines resident here, checking in. We had a week or so where our windchills reached like -50. I was not impressed.

post #267 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhvittoria View Post

Des Moines resident here, checking in. We had a week or so where our windchills reached like -50. I was not impressed.
WI here. Glad to see I'm not the only one that's displeased with this craptastic weather.
post #268 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

After watching this review on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/wYM9p9mkD5A

I want more than anything for Ipsy to send us Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss samples like the one in the video.  The sample is like the one Ipsy sent out for the UD Revolution lipstick, so maybe there's a chance! 

So. Much. Yes.
post #269 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecoll View Post


I second the pretty and usable bag! This last bag was so blah, and had such a bad smell.

 

My ipsy bag also smelled pretty rancid this month. The sugar scrub leaked some oil and left a stain on my bag as well.

While the bag this month is not really my style, my inner "Mrs. Clean" took over and experimented with getting the bag in better shape.

 

Here's the info for those of you who like the bag but can't stand the smell.

(Be sure to wear some gloves to protect your hands.)

 

To remove oil:  

1. Spray a concentrated heavy duty degreaser on the spot (I used First Street brand commercial degreaser from Smart & Final)

2. Let it soak for a couple minutes

3. Use a sponge and gently scrub the area

4. Rinse

 

To remove the smell:

1. Spray the bag inside and out with febreeze (Until the bag is literally soaked in it)

2. Allow the bag to sit with febreeze on it for 5 minutes

2. Soak the bag in hot water for 5 minutes or so

3. Pull out the inside lining out and hang the bag to dry completely.

 

It might seem like a lot of work but it really only takes a couple minutes (minus the drying time.)

 

Hope this helps!

post #270 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeisDreams View Post
 

 

My ipsy bag also smelled pretty rancid this month. The sugar scrub leaked some oil and left a stain on my bag as well.

While the bag this month is not really my style, my inner "Mrs. Clean" took over and experimented with getting the bag in better shape.

 

Here's the info for those of you who like the bag but can't stand the smell.

(Be sure to wear some gloves to protect your hands.)

 

To remove oil:  

1. Spray a concentrated heavy duty degreaser on the spot (I used First Street brand commercial degreaser from Smart & Final)

2. Let it soak for a couple minutes

3. Use a sponge and gently scrub the area

4. Rinse

 

To remove the smell:

1. Spray the bag inside and out with febreeze (Until the bag is literally soaked in it)

2. Allow the bag to sit with febreeze on it for 5 minutes

2. Soak the bag in hot water for 5 minutes or so

3. Pull out the inside lining out and hang the bag to dry completely.

 

It might seem like a lot of work but it really only takes a couple minutes (minus the drying time.)

 

Hope this helps!

 

Mine had such an intensely bad scent that the items that were in it all smells horrendous as well. I just unzipped the bag and let it air out for a couple of days and the scent aired out on it's own, but wow it was really strong.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy February 2014 (Discussion/Sneak Peeks) [merged]