or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy February 2014 (Discussion/Sneak Peeks) [merged]

Ipsy February 2014 (Discussion/Sneak Peeks) [merged] - Page 19

post #541 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeOmega View Post


Ah yeah, I can definitely see it now in with the images you posted. =)

I also measured the distance from the bottom of the cap to the start of the rounded portion on both bottles and they come out the same.  I think the different angles make the caps look different.  So excited for this spoiler.  I would prefer the pink to the purple but both are pretty.  Yay for a great bag so far!

post #542 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Babydolls View Post


Wait which one is the spoiler icon ? Why am I not seeing it?

In the Rich text editor, the right should say "more" click that and where the video addition and stuff is is where the spoiler thing is. 

post #543 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblossom View Post

Oh god, high five! I am so accident-prone. I have no depth perception, and my cerebellum (the part of the brain responsible for motor control and equilibrium) was deformed until I had brain surgery last year. So I am forever falling over and walking into things.

I did this by dropping the collected Far Side cartoons onto my finger. 19.7lbs of books!
Ouch! Hope it gets better soon! I currently have tendinitis in my ring finger and I can hardly bend it. But that's due to work. Constantly grabbing things to put in boxes. Ugh. And at least you have an excuse for being accident prone! I have like... 0 depth perception too. Especially at night or in dim lighting.
post #544 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblossom View Post
 

Oh god, high five! I am so accident-prone. I have no depth perception, and my cerebellum (the part of the brain responsible for motor control and equilibrium) was deformed until I had brain surgery last year. So I am forever falling over and walking into things.

 

I did this by dropping the collected Far Side cartoons onto my finger. 19.7lbs of books!

Dang...that sound like an awful way to hurt your finger! I'm sorry the doc was a total jack wagon! 

 

It is nice to know I'm not alone in the accident prone world. A week ago, I was stepping out of my truck carefully, bracing myself cause I was forced to step down onto ice and didn't want to slip. And did anyway and tore the ligament in my ankle. I think I was chatting with @caseybean025 in another thread about it....I also tend to trip over nothing on carpet...and my own two feet (granted, my left foot turns inward slightly and naturally tends to catch on my right foot but stilll)... 

post #545 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amby6912 View Post

Dang...that sound like an awful way to hurt your finger! I'm sorry the doc was a total jack wagon! 

It is nice to know I'm not alone in the accident prone world. A week ago, I was stepping out of my truck carefully, bracing myself cause I was forced to step down onto ice and didn't want to slip. And did anyway and tore the ligament in my ankle. I think I was chatting with @caseybean025
 in another thread about it....I also tend to trip over nothing on carpet...and my own two feet (granted, my left foot turns inward slightly and naturally tends to catch on my right foot but stilll)... 
Yup! That was me! Hope you're feeling better as well! We should start a thread called accident prone anonymous. Lol. Our own little therapy/self help group! Haha.
post #546 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post


Yup! That was me! Hope you're feeling better as well! We should start a thread called accident prone anonymous. Lol. Our own little therapy/self help group! Haha.

Lol. I could so join that group. Somehow I've managed to go 32 years with no breaks, sprains, or stitches (minus the ones I got when my tonsils were removed, wisdom teeth removed and cyst removed lol). But I honestly don't know how. I'm always falling or running into things. I don't think I've ever gone a day of my life without having a bruise somewhere on my body. I walk into door frames, chairs, I even ran into a card reader at Target once and had a huge bruise on my arm. Oh I may have had broken toes before but I didn't go to the dr because they don't do anything for toes anyway. A horse stepped on my foot (see accident prone lol) and my three small toes were black for 2 weeks. meh. 

 

Ok, to stay on topic I'll add  wish list. Any color gloss and purple nail polish. Woot! 

post #547 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post


Yup! That was me! Hope you're feeling better as well! We should start a thread called accident prone anonymous. Lol. Our own little therapy/self help group! Haha.

Haha definitely! And yeah, my ankle is beginning to feel better. I can make circles with my foot...the swelling is going down... hopefully the doc appointment goes well tomorrow!

post #548 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amby6912 View Post

In the Rich text editor, the right should say "more" click that and where the video addition and stuff is is where the spoiler thing is. 

ahhhh! ok. I see now. redface.gif
post #549 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Babydolls View Post


ahhhh! ok. I see now. redface.gif

Yep! Honestly, I didn't know where it was til I looked to help you out haha! 

post #550 of 3151
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The polishes look like (Zoya) Odette from the Naturel collection and Dot from the Awaken collection.  I've ordered all of the polishes from both collections, so if that's right I'll have dupes to pass off.  YAY!  My order from the Awaken collection stated that it would ship in February, but I don't remember the exact date.

I'm actually excited about this bag so far!  :icon_chee 

post #551 of 3151

Oh my god, I need that purple polish! It's sooo pretty. I'm already getting light pink from Glossybox, so I'm really hoping for the purple.

post #552 of 3151

I am so happy we have color again!! (I just hope I dont get the fuschia Pop lip stain!!)  Love me some Ipsy!!

post #553 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindzebra View Post
 

Oh my god, I need that purple polish! It's sooo pretty. I'm already getting light pink from Glossybox, so I'm really hoping for the purple.

Me too! I do my own gel manicure at home, but the purple is so nice I want it! The glossybox polish is suppose to last 14 days....normal polish last around 15 minutes on me =)

post #554 of 3151

Yeah, I decided not to update my billing info for this month, haha...I don't want the gloss, and I love Zoya but if those are from the Natural collection, I already have one and wouldn't wear the other. SO, guess my wallet gets a little break. :)  I'll still be stalking to see what you guys get, though!

post #555 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amby6912 View Post

Dang...that sound like an awful way to hurt your finger! I'm sorry the doc was a total jack wagon! 

It is nice to know I'm not alone in the accident prone world. A week ago, I was stepping out of my truck carefully, bracing myself cause I was forced to step down onto ice and didn't want to slip. And did anyway and tore the ligament in my ankle. I think I was chatting with @caseybean025
 in another thread about it....I also tend to trip over nothing on carpet...and my own two feet (granted, my left foot turns inward slightly and naturally tends to catch on my right foot but stilll)... 

Hahaha! I started reading this and thought I'd opened the wrong thread. Major deja vu!
post #556 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlepopples View Post
 

Lol. I could so join that group. Somehow I've managed to go 32 years with no breaks, sprains, or stitches (minus the ones I got when my tonsils were removed, wisdom teeth removed and cyst removed lol). But I honestly don't know how. I'm always falling or running into things. I don't think I've ever gone a day of my life without having a bruise somewhere on my body. I walk into door frames, chairs, I even ran into a card reader at Target once and had a huge bruise on my arm. Oh I may have had broken toes before but I didn't go to the dr because they don't do anything for toes anyway. A horse stepped on my foot (see accident prone lol) and my three small toes were black for 2 weeks. meh. 

 

Ok, to stay on topic I'll add  wish list. Any color gloss and purple nail polish. Woot! 

OT but,
I broke my toe once.....I fell...while I was doing a handstand...while drunk...

at a work party/function....

 

yeah....that's NOT embarrassing at all. 

 

I went to the doc in a box place and the nurse tried to make me feel better and less embarrassed by saying..."we'll we've all been there...but maybe not on a Tuesday night...."  then she laughed at me. So much for feeling less embarrassed. 

 

The doctor who saw me said "Is it your job to do handstands?" 

 

The worst part was my boss scheduled a meeting the next morning first thing and I had to hobble into work with my taped up toe.

 

I don't work at that company anymore, but I've still done handstands at my current office, just not drunk.   I learned my lesson.  

 

hehe 

post #557 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci View Post
 

OT but,
I broke my toe once.....I fell...while I was doing a handstand...while drunk...

at a work party/function....

 

yeah....that's NOT embarrassing at all. 

 

I went to the doc in a box place and the nurse tried to make me feel better and less embarrassed by saying..."we'll we've all been there...but maybe not on a Tuesday night...."  then she laughed at me. So much for feeling less embarrassed. 

 

The doctor who saw me said "Is it your job to do handstands?" 

 

The worst part was my boss scheduled a meeting the next morning first thing and I had to hobble into work with my taped up toe.

 

I don't work at that company anymore, but I've still done handstands at my current office, just not drunk.   I learned my lesson.  

 

hehe 

Hey you did good only getting a broken toe. If I tried to do a handstand I'd be in the hospital with a full body cast! 

post #558 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post
 

its definitely zoya, if you look at the original you can see the YA clearly. 

 

 

 

That looks like the pink they gave out last May. I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head... Hmmm...

 

--------------------------------

 

OMG... I haven't been on MUT in FOREVER! T.T Doubt anyone actually remembers me since it's been months! Hope you ladies have been doing well! I stopped getting ipsy for a lil while to save money (Nov 2013 was my last bag)... and I want to get through my lil collection I've accumulated. XD Will totally live vicariously through you all!!

post #559 of 3151

I'm the most accident prone person I know. It's awful. I trip, fall, run into everything. Drop everything, spill everything. Even if I'm just sitting still, things fall on me. I've been pooped on my a passing bird no less than 4 times that I can remember. I'm glad I'm not alone, haha!

post #560 of 3151

Well, that was meant to be a quote/reply...oh well...

post #561 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post
 

I'm the most accident prone person I know. It's awful. I trip, fall, run into everything. Drop everything, spill everything. Even if I'm just sitting still, things fall on me. I've been pooped on my a passing bird no less than 4 times that I can remember. I'm glad I'm not alone, haha!

 

We really do need to start a club!

 

I had a seagull fly into the toy store where I was working once. That was a poop nightmare.

post #562 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post
 

I'm the most accident prone person I know. It's awful. I trip, fall, run into everything. Drop everything, spill everything. Even if I'm just sitting still, things fall on me. I've been pooped on my a passing bird no less than 4 times that I can remember. I'm glad I'm not alone, haha!

Every day I find a new bruise on me and the sad thing is I have NO IDEA how or when I got it. I am so immune to running into things, that I don't actually know when I do it haha I just bump into something and go about my business.

 

I picked the wrong host body devilish.gif

post #563 of 3151
Oh let me join the accident prone and those who lack coordination. I have apparently always been that way. I was looking through some things my mom had saved and saw my second grade report card which proclaimed that Lori is clumsy and awkward. wtf.gif what was wrong with teachers in the 70s? Man, now that's on my permanent record. tongue.gif
post #564 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

I'm the most accident prone person I know. It's awful. I trip, fall, run into everything. Drop everything, spill everything. Even if I'm just sitting still, things fall on me. I've been pooped on my a passing bird no less than 4 times that I can remember. I'm glad I'm not alone, haha!
Ugh... Don't get me started on bird poop. Lol. Small animals (rabbits, rats, mice, hedgehogs, ferrets, etc.) also have a tendency to randomly expel their bladders on my lap. Pretty much if I'm holding a small animal, I better have an extra pair of pants laying around! I have no idea why. I don't know if I smell weird or what!
post #565 of 3151

updates!

post #566 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
 

Me too! I do my own gel manicure at home, but the purple is so nice I want it! The glossybox polish is suppose to last 14 days....normal polish last around 15 minutes on me =)

I heart my gel manicures, but I like to change them out so I usually do the gel and then paint over it with regular polish when I get tired of it. Then when I get tired of the second polish, I just take it off and am left with my gel mani again! 

 

I lurve light pinks! Honestly, I have way too many. And I'm not a total fan of purple on my fingers... So I'm hoping for the pink but honestly.. It's Zoya. I'll be happy if I just get one of them!

post #567 of 3151

If these polishes are from the Zoya Natural collection I will be beyond happy!  I put polishes from the Zoya natural collection on my wishlist in the January thread!

Of course as things tend to happen, I have since bought 3 polishes from this collection, I know I don't have the purple but I may already have the light pink one.  Hopefully I don't have either so I can bask in a new Zoya.  I must already have 7-8 of Zoya's neutral polishes in light pinks and nudes.  I just can't get enough :love:

post #568 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengutango View Post

That looks like the pink they gave out last May. I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head... Hmmm...


OMG... I haven't been on MUT in FOREVER! T.T Doubt anyone actually remembers me since it's been months! Hope you ladies have been doing well! I stopped getting ipsy for a lil while to save money (Nov 2013 was my last bag)... and I want to get through my lil collection I've accumulated. XD Will totally live vicariously through you all!!

Yeah, I was definitely reminded of the pink from May, though that was a shimmer, not a cream. I think it was called Gia Gia? Something like that. I dunno, I gave it to my mom!
post #569 of 3151
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellerenee View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengutango View Post

That looks like the pink they gave out last May. I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head... Hmmm...

OMG... I haven't been on MUT in FOREVER! T.T Doubt anyone actually remembers me since it's been months! Hope you ladies have been doing well! I stopped getting ipsy for a lil while to save money (Nov 2013 was my last bag)... and I want to get through my lil collection I've accumulated. XD Will totally live vicariously through you all!!

Yeah, I was definitely reminded of the pink from May, though that was a shimmer, not a cream. I think it was called Gia Gia? Something like that. I dunno, I gave it to my mom!

 

Yeah, the pink Zoya from May 2013 was Gie Gie.  I have that one, it has more of a silver shimmer to it than the one in the spoiler (at least from what I can tell from the picture).

 

Edited: Spelling.

post #570 of 3151
So I know this is going back to the January thread, but a little help would be greatly appreciated! I've been wanting to start using foundation and the Yaby foundation from last month was a perfect match for me! I've never tried any other brands and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for colors from other brands. I'd like to try some, but don't know where to start! I looked on that findation.com site and yaby isn't a brand option unfortunately.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy February 2014 (Discussion/Sneak Peeks) [merged]