or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oil Cleansing Method

post #1 of 143
Thread Starter 
I don't remember who suggested it, but it was in the vaseline anti-aging post, and let me tell you it is amazing!! I didn't think oil was good for your skin but man my makeup just slides right off!! And in the morning my face wasn't very oily. Thank you to those who suggested it!!
post #2 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

I love this too! it removes EVERYTHING!
post #3 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

I still haven't tried it yet... I'll need to get Vaseline first LOL!
post #4 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

i want to try it, but the idea still makes me nervous.
know anywhere where i can get a sample of the stuff.
post #5 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

I don't used a homemade oil cleanser/or do the OCM instructions fully, but I use M.A.C Cleasning Oil of a night time and it's fantastic stuff!!! Oil Cleasners are great in my opinion! I want to get the Dermalogica Oil Cleansner as well!
post #6 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet View Post
i want to try it, but the idea still makes me nervous.
know anywhere where i can get a sample of the stuff.
I made my cleansing oil myself with castor oil , extra virgin olive oil and almond oil.
post #7 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Interesting. Thanks for letting us know!
post #8 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Yes, oil is perfect for makeup remover, but I don't use home made oil one.
post #9 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

i mix jojoba, grapeseed and olive oil. love it. highly recomended. great for taking eye make up off too
post #10 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Originally Posted by katrosier View Post
I made my cleansing oil myself with castor oil , extra virgin olive oil and almond oil.
Made my own too. I mixed Olive oil(sweet oil), castor oil, sweet almond oil and tea trea oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, texas cedar wood and sandal wood (in jojoba oil).
post #11 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

interesting, maybe i should try this oil cleansing method too
post #12 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

I am glad someone makde a post on this since I have been so interested in trying this, but have no idea where to begin! I have read up online about the various oils, etc, but I feel overwhelmed. I went and bought castor oil, almond oil, and jojoba oil, and have no idea how I know what the proper mix is for my skin. I know the almond oil is great for taking off eye makeup, but other than that....I am confused!

I have pretty dry skin, but prone to break outs on my chin due to some medical issues. So not sure what would be best. Can anyone help? Thanks!
post #13 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

I just had my parents get me some extra virgin olive oil and castor oil at the store. I'm going to try it out tonight.
post #14 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

thanks for the info! i like boscia's cleansing oil!
post #15 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Originally Posted by mach1grrl View Post
I am glad someone makde a post on this since I have been so interested in trying this, but have no idea where to begin! I have read up online about the various oils, etc, but I feel overwhelmed. I went and bought castor oil, almond oil, and jojoba oil, and have no idea how I know what the proper mix is for my skin. I know the almond oil is great for taking off eye makeup, but other than that....I am confused!

I have pretty dry skin, but prone to break outs on my chin due to some medical issues. So not sure what would be best. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Hi - I think the recommended 'standard' ratio is 50:50. But you can alter the ratio and add more olive oil for dryer skins, or more castor oil for oilier skins, or skins that need deeper cleansing of pores etc.

I also add essential oils, since the method includes a steaming of the face, its a good time way to get EO to penetrate. I was using patchouli and lavender, and am now trying rose and neroli - it smeels divine!
post #16 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
Hi - I think the recommended 'standard' ratio is 50:50. But you can alter the ratio and add more olive oil for dryer skins, or more castor oil for oilier skins, or skins that need deeper cleansing of pores etc.

I also add essential oils, since the method includes a steaming of the face, its a good time way to get EO to penetrate. I was using patchouli and lavender, and am now trying rose and neroli - it smeels divine!
Thanks for the info! So would you know what would be best for me to mix with castor oil....almond or jojoba?
post #17 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

The Dermalogica Precleanse oil is very good, but it takes a bit of getting used to! I have oily skin, and it certainly hasn't made it any worse (which I thought it might at first). The theory is that like dissolves like, so if you have oily skin you'll be better able to remove the oil with an oil based product.

Hope this helps!
post #18 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

I mixed 50% castor oil with 50% olive (sweet oil) I think I might add more olive so it's like 75/25 because I have combo/dry skin and the 50/50 mix is a little thick for my liking! I'm loving it so far though!!
post #19 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet View Post
i want to try it, but the idea still makes me nervous.
i feel the same way!!!

but maybe ove rteh holiday weekend of thanksgiving i will try...
post #20 of 143
Thread Starter 

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Right now I am just using plain extra virgin olive oil, it seems to be doing wonders for my skin. As soon as I get more money as I am broke, I am going to try jojoba oil and grapeseed oil.
post #21 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Thanks for all the recs everyone!!
post #22 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

i dont know if there is any specific way to do it. i just mix whatever oils ive got at the moment (jojoba, olive, almond, greapeseed, etc), rub the mix on my face and eyes, wait however long i can usually 10-20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water usuing a cotton ball. it did make a possitive difference on my skin.
post #23 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

I use the dhc deep cleansing oil. it's great and dissolves with water.
post #24 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

it's so good to see all of you doing the OCM!
i personally love it, it's done wonders for my skin. i use jojoba oil and castor oil 50/50. the castor is good for cleansing but is too heavy to use on it's own. plus it's great for my eyebrows and lashes.
it's cleared up my skin and helped any fine lines i have!
post #25 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

I went to GNC and bought Almond and Jojoba oil, but haven't tried it yet. Where does the steaming come in again? After you put the oil on and before you wash it off, right? I'm not sure where to find Castor oil. But..I thought it would work without it.
post #26 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Is there much difference between using jojoba vs almond oil when mixing with castor oil? I bought both and have been using the almond, but wasn't sure exactly. I tend to have dry skin, well not as much lately at all, but many smile lines around my eyes for being only 27 So not sure which is best for fine lines?
post #27 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Originally Posted by mach1grrl View Post
Is there much difference between using jojoba vs almond oil when mixing with castor oil? I bought both and have been using the almond, but wasn't sure exactly. I tend to have dry skin, well not as much lately at all, but many smile lines around my eyes for being only 27 So not sure which is best for fine lines?
jojoba kinda irritated my eyes so i would recommend almond. i use grapeseed instead of a moisturiser around my eyes and really like it. ive read its particularly suitable for this area beacuse its less greasy then most other oils and its also a very potent antioxidant.
post #28 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Originally Posted by kaville View Post
I went to GNC and bought Almond and Jojoba oil, but haven't tried it yet. Where does the steaming come in again? After you put the oil on and before you wash it off, right? I'm not sure where to find Castor oil. But..I thought it would work without it.
Yeah, you steam after you've rubbed the oil into your face and before you rinse it off! It will work better if you use the castor oil because the castor oil is thicker and cleanses better and the almond and jojoba are for moisturizing not cleansing! This might sound weird but castor oil is in the laxative section at Wal-Mart or any drugstore because that's basically what it's used for!
post #29 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Thanks guy, I may try and find the grapeseed oil but at first glance all I found was almond and jojoba. I have onlu been doing the OCM for a few days now, and I mixed the 2 together and applied to my face then just put a hot washcloth over my face and wiped off the oil. Is this correct?
post #30 of 143

Re: Oil Cleansing Method

Originally Posted by mach1grrl View Post
Thanks guy, I may try and find the grapeseed oil but at first glance all I found was almond and jojoba. I have onlu been doing the OCM for a few days now, and I mixed the 2 together and applied to my face then just put a hot washcloth over my face and wiped off the oil. Is this correct?

i dont use a washcloth. just rub the oils and rinse after 20 minutes and its working just fine. many people are saying that u have to use castor oil but i dont understand why because as far as i understand the science behind the whole method is that oils dissolve oils. do some oils have better dissolving properties then others? if somebody knows pleace explain.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Skin Care Talk