For an anti wrinkle cream to be effective, it must have ingredients that stimulate the production of collagen in the skin. Collagen is the crucial element for fighting off aging signs. It prevents the skin from sagging and the formation of wrinkles, which are the results of excessive sun exposure, poor diet, smoking, stress and other factors.
What Exactly Is Collagen?
Tissues contain an extracellular matrix (outer covering) as a protective shield. This matrix is made up of proteins and fibers. Collagen is one of the proteins of this matrix. Absence of collagen in the body can lead to a collapse of your entire bone structure and cartilage. That’s what happens when collagen in your facial skin decreases as you age. The skin structure starts collapsing, which leads to the sagging of the skin.
In simple words, collagen œholds up your skin tightly to give a smooth and even complexion. When the skin loses collagen, there is no support to keep it tight and it starts loosening, giving it the appearance of sagging. An anti wrinkle cream helps to enhance collagen production, restoring your youthful look. Without this vital compound, your efforts to restore youth are in vain.
What Causes Decrease In Collagen
- Absence or deficiency of vitamin C decreases the amount of collagen in the body. Vitamin C stimulates the production of enzymes that are required for producing collagen. That’s why doctors and dieticians around the world emphasize a good diet for maintaining a younger looking skin even in your 40s and 50s.
- Harmful rays of the sun render your skin incapable of producing collagen. That is why a good anti wrinkle cream possess the quality of protecting your skin from the sun.
- The natural aging process leads to the destruction of collagen, which leads to wrinkle formation. What an anti wrinkle cream can do is slow down this aging process.
Top 3 Ways To Enhance Collagen Production
- Take more vitamin C.
- Amino acids “ lysine and threonine “ activate collagen production in the body. You can get these amino acids from wheat, beans and dairy products.
- Use a good anti wrinkle facial cream that stimulates the production of collagen in your skin. One such anti wrinkle cream is hydroxatone. It also contains antioxidants that slow down aging and help you retain youth. However, you can also get antioxidants from tomatoes, spinach and kale. However, not many of us are guilty of eating spinach in the morning. It is better to slather an anti aging cream and get your antioxidants in seconds.
You cannot do without collagen. It constitutes about 25 percent of the total protein content of your body. If cells are the building blocks of the body, then collagen is the building block of the cells. This compound is also present in bones, ligaments and muscles. Now you realize how important collagen is to maintain the structure of your skin cells. Imagine what would happen if your skin loses all collagen.
Before this happens, it is wise to start using a good anti wrinkle cream and take care of the aging signs before they kill your facial beauty.