Ellovi Giveaway Contest
Sponsored by Scentbird (Prize Provider).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Contest begins at 7:30 AM Pacific Time (PST) March 22, 2016 and ends at 12:00am PST March 22, 2016 (the Contest Period).
1. Eligibility: The Ellovi Giveaway Contest (the Contest) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who have an active email account and Internet access. Employees of Prize Provider, Prize Provider's parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Prize Provider through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrance full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Contest Rules (Official Rules). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. How to Enter: To enter the contest,
1. Comment on the thread what is your favorite Ellovi product and scent (ie Body Butter in the blossom scent)
To be an Eligible Entry the Member must:
1. Be a registered member of MakeupTalk.com
2. Comment on the thread that they have followed the entry steps as outlined above.
Each member is only allowed one entry. Any repeat posts by members will not be counted towards eligibility.
No mechanically reproduced entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
3. Prize Drawing: All qualified Submissions will be judged by a panel designated by Prize Provider who are members of MakeupTalk's senior editorial team with expertise in marketing and online promotions. The Submissions will be judged according to the following equally weighted factors: (i) clarity; (ii) creativity; (iii) the degree to which the entry is informed and appropriate. The decisions of the judges will be final. A Submission must be an original work of entrant's own creation and must not have been entered in any other competition. A Submission may not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties.
Entrant represents and warrants that any Submission is entrant's own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party copyrights or trademarks. Consequently, Prize Provider and, MakeupTalk, shall have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any Submission and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by entrant, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Contest Period. Entrant hereby assigns, conveys and transfers and agrees to assign, convey and transfer all, right, title and interest in and to his or her Submission and any intellectual property rights therein to Prize Provider, and MakeupTalk. Entrant agrees to execute and deliver such documents and provide all assistance reasonably requested by Prize Provider to give to Prize Provider the full benefit of the rights granted to Prize Provider by entrant. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Prize Provider and MakeupTalk, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of entrant's rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Prize Provider, and MakeupTalk.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prizes to be awarded from the Contest are as set forth below:
1. An Ellovi Body Butter in Original scent and a four pack of lip balms valued at $44
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Prize Provider will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
5. Notification of Winners: Judging will take place on or about March 25, 2016. Each potential prize winner will be notified by private message or email to the email address associated with his or her MakeupTalk account profile from which the Submission was made on March 22, 2016. Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, if a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, OR fails to claim a prize by March 31, 2016, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and forfeit their right to a prize, and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible Submissions timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the MakeupTalk account profile from which the Submission was made. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. General Rules: By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Prize Provider and any Internet access providers, each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their agents, officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, Released Parties) disclaim any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Submission of Submission information, human error, technical malfunctions, lost / delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access any web site or download materials, damage to a user's computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in the Contest, or late, lost or incomplete Submissions (including entry information). Prize Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to entrants. Prize Provider reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Prize Provider, in its sole discretion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Prize Provider or its designees.
Entrants further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold the Released Parties, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor's control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
In no event will Prize Provider or Makeuptalk be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Contest, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Sponsor HAS been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Prize Provider's newsletters, on Prize Provider's, and MakeupTalk's websites and social networking webpages without additional compensation. All entries, as applicable, become property of Prize Provider and none will be acknowledged or returned.
These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Southern district of California or the state courts located in Orange County, California.
9. Prize Provider : Ellovi, http://www.ellovi.com