Something to perkup my face

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a guy, and want to do something to perk up my face a bit... I think I should use a bit of everything, but nothing too drastic, any suggestions? :icon_ques

Welcome to MUT! I'm Rosie from NYC. Can u be a little more specific about "perking" up ur face?

Thanks for the quick reply, I have fair skin, use a moisturizer daily, and a mud pack weekly, I would say I have normal skin, light brown hair, and hazel eyes. :icon_smil

Ok - I would say try some glycolic toner such as DDF 5% or 10% or Dr. Denese's Glycolic Pads. It really removes the dead cells and firms the skin. Dr. Denese u can get from QVC and DDF I know is at Sephora. HTH - keep me posted.

LMAO Frankamato - I luv ur sense of humor. Hmm seriously now - how about some tinted moisturizer to start or bronzer?

It really depends as u say u don't want to just "perk" ur face up. I take it u don't want to be too obvious / made up, right?

U r killing me here - luv u to death!

Another thing that will really perk up the face is the brows - have them done, i.e. waxed, tweezed, trimmed groomed. Use a very very light shadow such as All About Eve from NARS under the eyebrows to open the eyes. What color hair/eyes do u have? Depending on that, you could use a light smokey color around the lashes to bring out the eyes even more. This and the TM and bronzer would look really natural - not "made up" or "queenie" as u so nicely put it.

Are u in NYC? Because if u r, u got to come over.

I find that a little blush can do wonders to perk up my face! I need blush or my makeup does not look complete. Of course, don't over do it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oops - missed the hair/eye color in the post above. I would say go with a brown liner around the eyes to bring out ur eyes as well.

I have light brown hair, with hazel eyes... A bit of blush sounds good.. I wouldn't dream of going overboard. I have Lancome's Juicy Tubes, in "Spring Fling" it does wonders for my lips.

Thanks, Trish, what do you think about GreenEyedAngel's blush suggestion? I think it is a good one, any ideas, as to type and shade? Also, I would need an under-eye concealer, bags, you get the idea!

Frankamato - u may also use YSL TE under/over ebrows for natural highlighting. For concealer under eyes for I would say KA SSE. Try to use an eye mask (kept in the refrig) on before to help w/the puffiness also. Hmm blush - I'll leave that rec to Trisha.

Latest posts

Back