I wonder if anyone noticed.... (NYX)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That The Caribbean Collection; I dream of Jamaica is exactly the same as For Your Eyes Only; Smokey Eyes.

The first and last three shadows of Jamaica is the same as the top row's first 4 of Smokey Eyes Palette while the vanilla-ry colour (2nd shadow on Jamaica) is the same as the last shadow on Smokey.

They're made from the same ingredients. Jamaica's set loses 5 shadow and 6g, and they're both $10.

... this is what happens when I own too many NYX shadows :/

I'm curious too...

I know they like to dupe other companies, but now they're duping their own products. Hilarious!

Yup, exactly the same when swatched. It's like E.L.F's back to school beauty books that were limited edition, exactly the same as the beauty encyclopedias except they replaced the two cream shadows with a mirror.

It's easy for them to dupe their own products in different packaging because they never put the name of the colors on them. I like NYX a lot but not putting the names of the colors on their palettes annoys me. This tactic is stopping me from buying any of their new palettes.

Originally Posted by Jazzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's easy for them to dupe their own products in different packaging because they never put the name of the colors on them. I like NYX a lot but not putting the names of the colors on their palettes annoys me. This tactic is stopping me from buying any of their new palettes.

I absolutely love palettes with names of the colours. It's "cute" and more organized than palettes with just the shadows.

Not specifying the name of the colors on the palette is so not good. And so is duping the products because it's one way of cheating their customers. Thank you for noticing. It helps the other women who haven't found out about this yet.

Latest posts

Back