New MakeupTalk Questions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welcome to the NEW MakeupTalk!
I thought I would open a new thread to to say HELLO and WELCOME.  The newly redesigned MakeupTalk was over 1.5 years in the making.  What do you all think about the new MakeupTalk's Design/Look/Feel?   You may ask some questions here in this thread.   Here is another conversation going on https://www.makeuptalk.com/forum/thread/111714/new-makeuptalk-questions
  For suggestions, we have provided a new forum called "Suggestion Box" for suggestions.
Make sure you take the site tour here 

well i havent been here in a loooong time and im loving the new updated version!!!

However i do have one question....How come im unable to post a reply to the D2B board as i want to enter a pic and im unable to start a new topic??

Please help....

I can only post replies on some boards and start topics on weird boards....

I'll find out and let you know asap

Originally Posted by chantelle8686 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well i havent been here in a loooong time and im loving the new updated version!!!

However i do have one question....How come im unable to post a reply to the D2B board as i want to enter a pic and im unable to start a new topic??

Please help....

I can only post replies on some boards and start topics on weird boards....

Tony I think you did a great job on the redesign.  It is obvious a lot of planning and coding went into it.   The site is infinitely easier to navigate than it was before and the main page is so much more appealing visually too.   So you hit a home run on all those web site usability issues.   I am sure there might be a few things that were there before and are not but maybe there are workarounds etc.

I like how the notifications for thread updates are at the bottom of the thread now.  Makes so much more sense.   now question is there a default setting that you can make like no email upon updates?

If I could make a suggestion it is on a person's home page.  Before you could do a lot of fancy stuff with styles and a lot of graphics, videos.  The possibilities were kind of endless and some people had some real creative pages.  It was nice because it was the one page that really said something about the individual.  

The new page or is that community page is just so mundane that it almost seems out of place with the rest of the Makeuptalk site.  Is it possible to turn bbcode on for the page?  That would make a world of difference in my opinion.

I kind of think the idea of the Adult section sets MuT apart from other Makeup or even lifestyle web sites and should be kept.   It is not for everyone and people have to apply to get in and then can choose not to go in there so I don't see the problem with keeping it.   I don't believe it has ever been the source of controversy between members and there are frequently some real interesting posts.

I was looking at my profile and I had a couple of additional pics of my daughter in there. They're gone now and there's a link to a gallery, but when I click it I get a "system error". Does that mean they're gone?

Yeah I really like it. It looks a lot more smooth and flowing, and is very pleasing to the eye! I like how even though there were changes made, they weren't too drastic to where I couldn't figure out how to do things, everything works pretty much the same, but looks different.

I love the new forum and I think I've figured most of it out. My only question is how do you edit your signature? Thanks!

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the new forum and I think I've figured most of it out. My only question is how do you edit your signature? Thanks!

Go to your user profile and scroll all the way to the bottom. You will see your signature and a link to edit your signature.

I have to get used to it.  It reminds me of Specktra and Im not a huge fan of their layout.

HI Darla,

Thanks for the wonderful compliments.  Yes, a lot of work went into the redesign, over 1.5 years to be exact.  Our idea was to take MakeupTalk to a new level and I think we have accomplished that.  We will have on going updates to the new platform and with our new team, working together on updates, you will find it easy and fun.

Subscriptions:
To make those changes to your subscriptions, click here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/users/subscriptions/index/action/edit.  Scroll down and look for " Stop All Subscriptions Email" and "Default for new subscriptions".  Make your adjustments there. 

What you do you mean "A person's homepage"?  Are you talking about their profiles?  I think you are.  Well, currently it's not on our road map to moving back to the customize-able CSSed profiles with images/backgrounds, etc.  I hear ya, but as of right now, that's not planned.

What community page are you talking about?  Currently, the new website is only supporting IMAGE BBcode only.  You can do everything the same with the WYSIWYG editor.  [*img]http://www.picturesonline.com/44532.jpg[*/img] (remove the asterisks)

Adult forum:
Currently we are slated to discontinue the Adult forum.  I hear ya on why you wanna keep it, in fact I know users find it interesting.  With the new system anyhow, users don't need to apply, they just need to have their birthdays set for 1992 or before.  I don't think I've seen any controversy there.

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tony I think you did a great job on the redesign.  It is obvious a lot of planning and coding went into it.   The site is infinitely easier to navigate than it was before and the main page is so much more appealing visually too.   So you hit a home run on all those web site usability issues.   I am sure there might be a few things that were there before and are not but maybe there are workarounds etc.

I like how the notifications for thread updates are at the bottom of the thread now.  Makes so much more sense.   now question is there a default setting that you can make like no email upon updates?

If I could make a suggestion it is on a person's home page.  Before you could do a lot of fancy stuff with styles and a lot of graphics, videos.  The possibilities were kind of endless and some people had some real creative pages.  It was nice because it was the one page that really said something about the individual.  

The new page or is that community page is just so mundane that it almost seems out of place with the rest of the Makeuptalk site.  Is it possible to turn bbcode on for the page?  That would make a world of difference in my opinion.

I kind of think the idea of the Adult section sets MuT apart from other Makeup or even lifestyle web sites and should be kept.   It is not for everyone and people have to apply to get in and then can choose not to go in there so I don't see the problem with keeping it.   I don't believe it has ever been the source of controversy between members and there are frequently some real interesting posts.
Hi Jazzie,

Thank you! 

Originally Posted by Jazzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You did a great job Tony. I think it looks really nice.
Hi Kathy!

Currently, user profiles are not supporting images.  This may change in the future.  You can though, have galleries and feature those galleries. I don't know if your pictures are gone.

Originally Posted by Kathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking at my profile and I had a couple of additional pics of my daughter in there. They're gone now and there's a link to a gallery, but when I click it I get a "system error". Does that mean they're gone?
Hi Pretty_pink13,

Thank you!

Originally Posted by pretty_pink13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I really like it. It looks a lot more smooth and flowing, and is very pleasing to the eye! I like how even though there were changes made, they weren't too drastic to where I couldn't figure out how to do things, everything works pretty much the same, but looks different.
Hi bCreative,

Currently signatures only allow for 5 total line.  You can edit your signature by visiting your profile page and scrolling ALL THE WAY down and look for the test "Edit Signature Text"

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Emily,

Yeah, changing things can sometimes be difficult.  In fact, I, myself am a huge creature of habit and I'm still getting used it.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to get used to it.  It reminds me of Specktra and Im not a huge fan of their layout.

Sorry, I made a mistake.  BBCODE for images still works.

[*IMG]http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/animals/fish/fish_4.jpg[/img*]  (Take out the asterisks to get BBCODE to work.)

fish_4.jpg

I like it for the most part, the colors are throwing me off a bit, but I'll get used to it.

Is there a New Post tab, I can't find it?

There is a "NEW Posts" link, but it's at the bottom in the footer.

What I did was made a bookmark up in my browser with this link in it"  https://www.makeuptalk.com/forum.php?action=newposts

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like it for the most part, the colors are throwing me off a bit, but I'll get used to it.

Is there a New Post tab, I can't find it?

Latest posts

Back