Drugstore rave of the week?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't made it to MAC or Sephora this week... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I have made it to the drugstore, to buy some items as mid-week 'pick me ups'. I'm really liking the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips smokey shadow palettes (in 'brown eyes' ,great pigmentation and finish for a drugstore brand) and Revlon ColorStay foundation. What about you?

My fav. drugstore things right now are Maybelline's Superstay 24.hour foundation. oh yeah, as well as L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Waterproof Mascara, revlon colorstay eyeliner, milani liquif'eye liner ( just like u.d 24/7 liners but better and creamier ) pond's cold cream, wnw vanity palette ... so many drugstore loves right now

I have several...

Okay, this one is not necessarily drugstore but I'm listing it because the price point is around drugstore prices - Ulta shadows. I've been playing with mine a lot lately and I love them. They are smooth, pigmented and the sizes are very generous and at 2/$6??? You can't beat it!!

Rimmel Glam'Eyes in Extreme Black - Love it. It separates and volumizes beautifully. 

NYX lipliners. Again, you can't find it in a drugstore but it's the price. These liners are the bargain of the decade. They're soooo cheap!!! I get them for less than $2 each and they're awesome.

Gotta love a cheap makeup fix at the drugstore! 

I'm loving - Rimmel Pink Gossip Lipstick;

L'Oreal Star Secrets Quad in Beige Taupe; and

So Totally Clean Everyday Cleanser.

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, this one is not necessarily drugstore but I'm listing it because the price point is around drugstore prices - Ulta shadows. I've been playing with mine a lot lately and I love them. They are smooth, pigmented and the sizes are very generous and at 2/$6??? You can't beat it!!
I've been playing with ULTA shadows as well, and I really like them.

Covergirl FaceComplextion concealer! I got it last week.

It's thin and liquidy, probably the most liquid-like concealer/foundation I've ever tried. It doesn't have a matte or dewy finish - just natural! It's a 'normal' finish, but I guess it leans more towards matte.

I use some of my old hardly touched Revlon Colorstay under my dark eye circles for more coverage, but for my red flushed cheeks it works great! It doesn't have fantastic coverage, but it's soo natural looking! 10x more natural than anything I've used before, I was very surprised because it was around $5.50, so it was I believe the cheapest concealer/foundation I had found that day when shopping. I didn't expect much - and was going to return it for Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse when I would have gotten more money later that week, but I guess I don't need to now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />! I might still try the Dream Liquid, but it probably won't be for a while.

My only gripe about it? The packaging is like a lipgloss (with a spongy applicator - erg, could get gross) and it can oxidize in sunlight after a few hours. It doesn't turn a bright orange or anything, but it's enough to make me want to put on another light layer to fix it.

I love my new Revlon pen liner. It's not too pigmented so I can easily clean up any mistakes and I love how I hold it like a pencil.

... and another updated favorite of mine to add, the Ardell 'Wispies' falsies! They are so gorgeous!

NYC Sunny Bronzer

Boots (not drugstore, but Target, so close!) blush in Candy Pink

Avon Astonishing Lengths mascara (again not drugstore but same price point)

Wet n Wild Nouveau Pink lipstick

I must 2nd Tyari on the NYX lip liners!!! OMG, LOVE! They make lipstick so much funner, lol! (Yes, I said "funner")

and those new Wet n Wild lipsticks. With a good balm underneath they're gorgeous!

I love BonneBell eye style eye shadow- it is like $3.55 and it is my favorite eyeshadow. The shimmer really opens up my eyes.

havent bought makeup in forever! just mascaras as i need them. my current obsession is glue on nails. but i really want the revlon colorstay foundation since i dont think i can afford another mac foundation for a while. and i really want to try the maybelline dream mousse foundation. other than that, i'm pretty set for now. 

Maybelline Falsies! I doesn't really give the false lash look that I wanted (still on the search for a mascara that does). It does make my lashes pop ( when applied properly). Make sure you apply a second coat before it dries. It dries quickly. For $5 bucks at Walmart it's a must have!

I just snagged Loreal HIP cream eyeliner in Midnight Blue. I really like it, it's such a pretty color, exactly what I was looking for. I also have the one in black and it's like my fave eyeliner now. Especially since I've started using the right brush. 

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I must 2nd Tyari on the NYX lip liners!!! OMG, LOVE! They make lipstick so much funner, lol! (Yes, I said "funner")

and those new Wet n Wild lipsticks. With a good balm underneath they're gorgeous!

Thumbs up for funner!! 

Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner. Love it. It doesn't smudge and it has a felt tip that dips into the liner so it doesn't dry out.

Is maybelline falsies better than CG lashblast volume or fusion?

Back