Flooring...What Do You LIke?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Carpet, tile, laminate, cork, concrete, hardwood or lino?  What do you prefer?

Me?  I would prefer polished concrete and/or hardwood.

Hardwood or ceramic tiles... we ripped up our carpet and refinished our hardwood floors and I laid ceramic tiles in the baths and in the basement. Put heating under the master bath tile and it is amazing in the winter.

I like polished floor boards but I really like polished concrete. Especially when they put bits and pieces in it. A friend of mines parents did their house polished concrete and they put marbles and broken bottles in it and stuff. Looked awesome. And it stays so cool in summer. When I look at houses to move I always want one with polished floorboards, but I have an inside dog and two cats and I'm worried that my pets along with my furniture will ruin it.

Hardwood or ceramic tiles. I ripped up the living, dining room and hallway carpets last December and had the hardwood refinished.. The only place that I have carpet is the rec room in the basement. When I have the money that too will be ripped out and replaced with tiles or something.

Hardwood or ceramic tiles. I've grown tired of lino and carpets are just a big no, i've grown up among dust allergic people so i don't like them and don't want them.

Well, we have 1000 sq feet of hard wood flooring in our house and I love it.  We also have ceramic tile and some carpet.  If I had my druthers, I'd have hardwood throughout the entire house.  This is why in Europe, very few residences have carpet.  Carpet is only a house for all of the disgusting bacteria's etc.  Carpet cleaning also is a big racket.

My children walk like their feet are made of concrete.  Carpet is a necessity on the second floor.  Our house is very open concept on the main floor and noices travel further from the second floor with wood floors than carpet.  We had to put extra insulation when we put down hardwood in the family room and diningroom to keep noices from the basement media room from travelling to the main floor and also to the second floor.   

Living room- hardwood

Den: marble

bedrooms- hardwood

kitchen-tile

bathroom-tile

I never ever ever ever want carpet again. I cleaned it once a week and it was gross.

Hardwood is sooo nice...but I can only walk barefeet on carpet....it's a dumb phobia :/

I have really nice looking fake hardwood in most rooms, but I cover half of it with big shag or oriental rugs except in the kitchen.  Carpet just feels so much better and cozier to me. I'm big on lots of fabric and softness all around and warm colors.  The bathroom is the exception with tile floors.  

Back