What Do You Hate To See In A House?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When we were house hunting, you really get a good sense of a lot of people's sense of decor.  There was 1 thing that was always a deal breaker and that was WALLPAPER.  When I saw old or tacky wallpaper, I stop wanting to see the rest of the house. 

What turns you off when you walk into a house?

Tacky or old wallpaper is a good one, but i would say #1 are the tablecloths covered with plastic, it's really enough to detract me.

Closest to that, it was very popular when i was a child to find those door curtains made out of large plastic streaks of various colors, tacky !

Any house where the previous owner smoked! I'd just turn around and leave... The next thing was do-it-yourself projects go drastically wrong. You can tell when something was done right...

...also cigarette smoke, cat pee smell, filthy floors, wood panelling, bright coloured carpets like pink or blue or green, carpet in bathrooms, I once saw carpet in the kitchen!!? An acquaintance had cedar shake on a wall in their front entrance??!  I could not stand in that entrance for more than 30 seconds. 

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG houses where the dogs have clearly used the bathroom on the carpets!

Cats are way worst than dogs!  I was in a house that must have had a million cats in it.  It stunk soooo bad!  I also had a flea jump on me.   

I don't mind a little work, so ugly wallpaper wouldn't turn me off.

Pets using the home as a bathroom? That would.

Roaches would have me running.

When I was looking for a house, I was surprised that some people didnt make any effort to have the house presentable. One house I saw was so filthy, clothes and shoes everywhere, unmade beds, dishes with food caked on it. If I was selling my house, I would at least clean it. They knew we were coming. Another one had a giant hole in the wall.

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I was looking for a house, I was surprised that some people didnt make any effort to have the house presentable. One house I saw was so filthy, clothes and shoes everywhere, unmade beds, dishes with food caked on it. If I was selling my house, I would at least clean it. They knew we were coming. Another one had a giant hole in the wall.
I went to see a house with the realtor where there were 2 men, in their undershirts, smoking and drinking beer in the livingroom while watching football.  Talk about being in an uncomfortable situation.  We walked into that room, and back out the front door.  I guess they didn't really want to sell after all.

Latest posts

Back