How often do you wash....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE= 14px]your BED SHEETS?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= small]So how often should you do it? According to various web authorities and my own personal code of hygiene, you should be washing those sheets every week. I reckon more than that if you allow random strangers into your bed. Heaven knows what they’ve got.[/SIZE]

So here’s some gross facts about sleeping, hygiene and why you should wash you sheets. Y’all hear!

• A two year old pillow’s weight is 10% dead skin cells and dust mites
  • 16 species of dust mites can be found in the average pillow
  • A typical used mattress can have anywhere between 100 000 and 10 million dust mites living in it
  • Human shed 1.5g of skin every day of which 1/3 goes into your bedding

[SIZE= 16px]We wash ours about once eve 2 weeks OR SO.   ugh![/SIZE]

lol that's disgusting! Admitedly... I only wash my sheets... whenever I get around to them. Got two bed weters in the house so by the time we get through all of their bedding and clothes... there's no more light left and I really don't want to add more sheets to the pile! Sometimes, I get so frustrated that I'll just deal with it the extra washing, but the sheets won't get washed that day so will have to put some new sheets on the bed. When you have kids that change their clothes every two seconds, the last thing you really want is more washing.  

As needed.
wink.gif

I'd say that sheets are probably the last item on the list of chores.  I try to get to them once a week but a week will turn to 2 quite quickly.  I know people that change sheets everyday!  I think that's crazy.

Every week, i like the feeling of clean sheets and i sweat a lot during my sleep, so really one week is enough for me.

Every Monday.... Like clockwork... No me... I tried a few times and messed it up.. She won't let me near the washing mahine unless its broke. Lol.

Once a week. I'm a thursday sheet washer.  I only have one bed to keep up with.  I know if I had more to do, they would probley be let go longer.

smile.gif
I wash my sheets every single day without a doubt!
smile.gif

Yes it's excesive and my SO has commented.  I never make the bed, first thing I do in the morning is strip all the sheets off the bed and pillowcases too. Straight in the wash they go.

I have an OCD about having very clean things, and I can't stand sleeping in bedding that's already been slept in. Also we allow one of our small dogs ( a miniature pinsher) to sleep with us.

I keep hearing that it's best to wash them once a month, but I rarely do them at all unless my dog makes em all gross or something. I bet that's disgusting but I just don't think of it

Everydamn day????  wow!!!  You go girl!

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif
I wash my sheets every single day without a doubt!
smile.gif

Yes it's excesive and my SO has commented.  I never make the bed, first thing I do in the morning is strip all the sheets off the bed and pillowcases too. Straight in the wash they go.

I have an OCD about having very clean things, and I can't stand sleeping in bedding that's already been slept in. Also we allow one of our small dogs ( a miniature pinsher) to sleep with us.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pillows every Saturday for one month and then they are replaced. Sheets once a day.

wait?  The pillows are replaced...as in thrown away?  The mini-environmentalist in me is dying.  Plus the pillows we use are expensive. 

For me, I wash our sheets once-a-week.

Why? Someone will dig them out of the trash and reuse them, I'm sure
smile.gif
She's recycling

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wait?  The pillows are replaced...as in thrown away?  The mini-environmentalist in me is dying.  Plus the pillows we use are expensive. 

For me, I wash our sheets once-a-week.

i probably get around to doing mine once a month, but i'd prolly do it more if i had a laundry machine...it's soo much luggin' stuff down to the laundromat! the towels, dishrags, & occasional rugs add up, along with the bed sheets. but ugh, that tid bit of info could push me to washin them once a week, im deathly paranoid of critters & bugs

Washing the sheets is a must do every weekend. We don't like using them any longer than a week.

I ve got a maid who tends to my boy and housework so she changes it like once a week but sometimes when I find it unbeareable i will ask her to change it.  I am quite particular when its comes to pillow and beddings.  Guess its time to change my pillows...stained and dirty already.

I cant and refuse to keep pillows longer than a month (referring to polyfill). Now my down pillows, i keep for about 2-3 months. Sorry if what I do offends you. If I remember correctly, I pay for what I buy with my money.

And I put my trash out in 2 piles, stuff people can use and stuff people cant. They always take the pillows I put out. Its at their own risk. I imagine is disgusting to list them on freecycle.

Back