Blow drying and frizzy hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
should people with little frizzy(static) hair avoid blow drying?..i have straight but l'il frizzy hair which are not easy to control and at the same time they cant be called dry so i stay away from heavy anti frizz serums or balms as my hair would end up feeling greasy after some hours..

I have the same problem. I try avoiding hair sprays and things like that because my hair gets dirty really quick. Now I use Affinage 24/7 Heaven when I blow dry or straighten my hair. I get those little fly aways that stick up after I straighten it and the Affinage smooths them right down, and it's not even greasy. It leaves your hair really smooth and soft. It's definately my favourite.

My hair becomes frizzy with blow drying, so I don't do it. My hair looks tons better when I air dry. 

I use a big round brush with natural bristles to blowdry, that seems to help.

Also, whether serum or conditioner, use an anti humidity product, it helps too, and if you have it on your blowdryer, use the cold air button to "set" your hair. After that i honestly avoid touching my hair with anything, or i risk having a couple hairs sticking up.

Apply serum and blow your hair downward, from the scalp to the ends.

I find that this really helps me keep frizzies at bay.

My daughter has fine, straight hair that becomes frizzy if it air dries.  We apply a shine serum and blow dries.  The hairdryer we use has a cold/warm/hot setting so I use either cold or warm to dry with a brush.  When its dry, it remains straight. 

When blow drying your hair, make sure the air is blowing in the direction of the hair shaft. While doing that is flattens down the cuticle and leaves the hair with a smooth finish. Also using a round brush to blow dry makes a big difference too.

Back