How Often Do You Replace Your Pillows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How often do you change your pillows? 

I tried looking online and some say every 3-6 months and others say whenever you need to.  I have pillows that are 8 years old but I love my down pillows and have not been able to find ones just like it.  I'll hold on to it til it becomes self-aware and leaves the house
wink.gif
  We have about 18 pillows combined.

Here's what Heloise says:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/heloise/replace-pillow-dec03

"How long do you recommend keeping a bed pillow?" asks Annette Frenette of Sterling Heights, Michigan. "I am trying to convince my husband that 30 years is too long, but he says as long as the pillowcase is changed, it's not a problem." People do get attached to their pillows! Some sleep experts suggest replacing a pillow every few years, but it's really up to you. Here's how to tell if your pillow is doing its job: Is the foam or batting inside the form lumpy or bumpy? Does your feather pillow have to be punched or fluffed up for support? If you fold the pillow in half, does it stay folded? If you answered yes to any of these, it's time for a nice, new pillow. I give our old pillows to Cabernet, my miniature schnauzer, for her bed -- the ultimate in recycling!

Every few years, when it gets really stained, or when it looses its shape. It's not good keeping it for too long, i had an old pillow and after some time i realised part of my morning stiff neck was due to the pillow.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Every few years, when it gets really stained, or when it looses its shape. It's not good keeping it for too long, i had an old pillow and after some time i realised part of my morning stiff neck was due to the pillow.
Same.  Last year I bought tons of pillows because it seemed like every pillow would make my neck hurt.  Finally I got a half regular pillow and half memory foam.  So comfy!  I won't be changing until it's badly stained or worn out. 

Latest posts

Back