I rolled my eyes so hard at this, Elle and Blair are getting a reality series

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: With 160 million YouTube views under their belt, style-focused Tennessee sisters Elle Fowler, 22, and Blair Fowler, 17 are setting sights on reality TV.     After fielding multiple offers, the Fowler sisters have signed with Chris Coelen's Kinetic Content to develop multi-platform programming around their brand with a focus on a reality series. The Fowler sisters took their hobby of sharing makeup and style tips with other young girls online, quickly building a fan base of millions of young women around the world and developing an Oprah Winfrey-type influence among their constituency, with brands and products featured in their videos often selling-out. "We are two young girls from Tennessee about to embark on our dream career path," Elle and Blair Flower said. "We are beyond excited and couldn’t be in more safe hands than with the Kinetic development team.†Elle and Blair have posted nearly 500 videos on YouTube, offering tips, tricks, tutorials, faves and celebrity interviews.
The sisters have been featured in national news outlets including Good Morning AmericaFox News and ABC News with Diane Sawyer.
Source

These two annoy the snot out of me. I won't be watching.

No.....no.....no.....no......no......no......no.....no.......no....no......NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't lie.....I'm a bit jealous! If I had known you could get paid by doing something so simple like put makeup on in front of a camera and upload it on the internet I would have done it years ago! 

I want to see what will come of this and how long it lasts.

I'm not a fan and surprised that they were able to get this far. Considering how they are sponsored by NYX I wonder if the company will be predominantly displayed in some way. I remember seeing a picture of a NYX display in a store where Blair and Elle are front and center in the pictures.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who doesn't know who these broads are?

Consider yourself lucky.

They are considered two of the most popular beauty gurus on youtube. Well, I think Michelle Phan has more subscribers but they are close behind. From what I have read on different message boards, they helped start the trend of paid reviews for products and charge I *think* $4,000 per review but I'm not 100% on that number. They do have an agent that deals with their business deals now. Basically, made an empire off the beauty community on youtube.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who doesn't know who these broads are?

I was going to ask but I guess there's no point...

I can live my life never knowing who they are.

I used to be subbed to them and really liked them. However, everything became a product review and it was sickening- every video was a paid product review. I unsubbed to them and even unfollowed them on Twitter.

Everything is like just so like repetitive with them and their like videos. Like I can't even like handle them. 

They have no originality whats-so-ever. I don't understand the phenomenon with them???

Argghhhhh. I really don't like saying anything bad about anybody, but i have to agree that all their videos have really just turned into reviews. I really do not see what the hype is about these 2. I was a YouTube addict for months without even hearing about them... Must be a teen thing i think!

LOL! Omg, I never knew ellie was younger than me.... she looked so mature that I thought she just started her second-year university this year.

.. but yea, I don't like her rhaspy voice.. it gets annoying thats why I tend to wear their nyx tutorials in mute.

I'm not a subscriber. I don't trust them with all the money that's going to them. Also I watch people I can relate to and I can't relate to them at all. Obviously not many of us who aren't in middle school favor them too much so I wouldn't get to jealous. Most people have the same opinions of them. It's just to ladee da for my tastes, I'm not complaining about them. I just don't watch them. Yay for them going for what they want in life, no reason to dislike these girls. The above comments I gave some thumbs up because that is exactly was was going on in my head. I think most their viewers are very young.

I think their viewers must be quite young too, which means their "fame" will burn out quick.

i say good luck to them however i did watch i think its elle? the blonde ones make up tut for smokey eyes after seeing this cause id never heard of them either and honestly... i wasnt that impressed?

Latest posts

Back