Lets Say Its Your Wedding...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=medium]When you get married (or if you already are) Would/did you do your makeup yourself? Or would/did a make up artist do it? What if you choose to have a destination wedding and you don't know any local make up artists? I'm sure they would be qualified to do your makeup but would you comfortably entrust someone you don't know to do your makeup on your wedding day?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’m thinking when I get married I want to do my own make up, because I have a vision of how I want to look, I know what I like, what looks best on me and what I'm comfortable in.. It may be more work for me but I think it would be better for me to do it on my own. And God knows there are enough tutorials/face charts out there on the net that I could just find one I like and practice it until I nail it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]So what would you ladies do?[/SIZE]

I would probably have a MUA do it just for the entire pampering experience. If it's my day, I don't want to lift a finger!

I would do a test makeup session with an MUA before the event and then tweak it to what I wanted if I wasn't satisfied with the colors they choose.

I would then go home and try the same thing on myself, if I felt like I did it better I'd do it myself.

i did my own makeup. i dont trust anybody to touch my face. i have had MANY mua's do my makeup and i was NEVER satisfied. 

Originally Posted by breathless /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i did my own makeup. i dont trust anybody to touch my face. i have had MANY mua's do my makeup and i was NEVER satisfied. 

Thats exactly what I'm worried about lol Thank God I'm not the only one haha... You look gorgeous by the way =) I love your dress

If you know what you want and how then I recommend that you should do it yourself because a lot of professionals don't seem to be able to do whats exactly in your head without you describing it a lot, very specifly but even then, we all have our own style.

That's my belief with haircuts too.. they almost never seem to do it right. When they do.. and you go back a few months later, even with the same hairdresser, they can't recreate it again..

I want to do my own makeup. I wouldn't trust my wedding day look on someone unless the artist is really really good. 

I think the only way I'd get my make up done by a MUA is if I knew them (or their work) personally.

I just don't think I'd feel comfortable having a stranger I've never met before (In the case of not having a local wedding) doing my make up..
shy.gif

Wow breathless, you looked fantastic! Your makeup skills are exceptional! It looks professionally done!

I would want to let a MUA do my makeup for my wedding, but I would need to have a few test runs first, so I can see what works and what doesn't.

I do agree however with the thought that, personally you yourself knows what looks best and what you feel most comfortable in.

Although if I were having a destination wedding, then not knowing any local artists, I would vote for doing my own makeup.

Breathless, question: Did you have to apply more makeup, or use more vibrant colours to help it show up in your photos and not washed out. I find that when I apply makeup it looks great in person, but all my photos are faded and washed out. I hate how my MU looks in photos. Grrr.

I had someone do my makeup as I know I wanted it perfect, and my nerves were already so bad that I knew whatever I did wouldn't be 'perfect'.

Anyway, I am at work and only have one picture of my wedding here. It's not the best but it's my FAV picture of my dad and I.

If and/or when I get married, I'm definitely going to have a MUA do my makeup for me.  They are better at doing makeup than I am.   But, as others have said, I'm definitely going to have the MUA do a run through before my big day.

I will definitely do my own makeup.  I have seen what local AND Int'l MUA gives.  It's ok.  Unless I get one that I have seen tonnes of work for and is extremely comfortable, I'd be fine with it.  On another note, this may only be in Trinidad, but many MUA to me do not know how to apply makeup on brown-er skinned girls.  I always find like something is missing, like they missed something.  I have seen some celebs and so forth that got it right with their MUA.

But back on track, I think my confidence is high enough for me to do it myself. 

We got married 4hr drive away from home in a small, small, small town so there were no real MUAs to do mine and I didn't really look.  I did my own. 

Originally Posted by Brittany Marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had someone do my makeup as I know I wanted it perfect, and my nerves were already so bad that I knew whatever I did wouldn't be 'perfect'.

Anyway, I am at work and only have one picture of my wedding here. It's not the best but it's my FAV picture of my dad and I.

Haha honestly, up until you said this I never took into account my nerves lol.. I know as soon and my boyfriend and I get engaged I'm going to find a look I like, try it out, adapt anything I need to and practice practice practice lol

You look great in your picture! You look so happy =D

I would get it done by a MUA, but i would need a few tests before, although if i don't find anyone to do it for me, i'll do it myself.

I love having my makeup done by an MUA. I have always gotten it done for proms, special events, photshoots etc. I really love doing my own makeup as well and have done it for things like nights out, halloween, and other things but I don't know, I just like having it done and will definately have a MUA do it when I get married.

I did my own makeup...I actually don't want strangers touching my face...I know they are professionals and some would do a fantastic job, but I like to keep at least a 4-foot personal space radius.

Back