Sephora VIB

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did you know if you shop inside the JCPenney Sephoras that your purchases do not count towards the VIB program. I couldn't understand why I had not earned VIB yet and it was because I shop at the JCP store instead of the free-standing Sephora. I called customer service concerning this and they told me that it was 'all listed online'. I guess I don't understand why I was not informed of this inside the stores when I was shelling out $100+ for my items. The csr told me 'I was only $88 away from getting VIB.' I've already spent more than that on products. It is extremely misleading and she was very unhelpful. What is the point of having VIB if only select purchases count towards earning it. I'm tempted to return everything I've bought at the JCP Sephora to the freestanding store. I bought these items from Sephora thinking I'd be earning towards VIB instead of buying them at Ulta. I'm extremely disappointed that my money is only good enough for VIB points when I'm at a freestanding store.

Just an fyi for all of you that thought they were going to earn VIB.

Thanks for this info.  That's a fact they certainly don't make well know.  I'll be sure and stick with my store vs. JCP.

I was always told that the points do count towards VIB but you have to actually call the customer care phone number to get them added to your account. That is something I found out from reading the Sephora facebook page.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do not count towards VIB, only to the 500 point perk.
Thanks for clearing that up. Whenever someone posts something like this they always tell the person to call in their points in and get it added to their account.

I wonder if this will change now that SiJCP's will be able to scan BI cards.

You also have to call in your Amazon.com Sephora purchases.  I do online surveys and a lot of the sites pay with Amazon codes, so I use their Sephora store a lot.

I know, pretty usless information for most people...but ya' never know when it might come in handy.

They told me effective 10-17 money spent at a JCP Sephora will be included towards VIB.  It just seems a bit like they only clasify 'very important' people and purchases as the ones made at a free-standing store.  I found all of my receipts and I'm contemplating returning the items they don't feel to be very important. I might just buy them directly from the brands company and write-off Sephora completely.

Sephora inside JCP now has the 100 & 500 pt perks..

but I bumped this because I just got an e-mail saying VIB's can get a free makeover with no purchase required until the 22nd.. and you can gift it for mother's day too.

From Sephora's site:

Earn VIB status by spending $350 at a Sephora store, sephora.com, sephora.ca, or in a Sephora inside jcpenney within a calendar year (January-December). VIB status is good for the calendar year in which the BI member qualifies and the following calendar year; annual requalification is required.
So I guess it does count towards VIB.  However, I just made a sizable purchase from a JCP Sephora and while the points have shown up on my BI account, my little VIB blurb still says I have 94.00 to go before I get VIB, which is the same as it was before the purchase.  Perhaps it takes time for the site to reflect the VIB points?  I dunno.  My BI points showed up pretty much instantly.

From Sephora's site: So I guess it does count towards VIB.  However, I just made a sizable purchase from a JCP Sephora and while the points have shown up on my BI account, my little VIB blurb still says I have 94.00 to go before I get VIB, which is the same as it was before the purchase.  Perhaps it takes time for the site to reflect the VIB points?  I dunno.  My BI points showed up pretty much instantly.
Does the purchase show up? I only have va JCP Sephora close by, which is where I make 99% of my in store Sephora purchases. My account updates pretty fast and never been an issue.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does the purchase show up? I only have va JCP Sephora close by, which is where I make 99% of my in store Sephora purchases. My account updates pretty fast and never been an issue.
The purchase and the BI points showed up as soon as I got home from shopping, but the VIB credited dollars only just showed up this afternoon.  The delay was a bit odd (yesterday they were offering double-point purchases, so maybe they got slowed down by all the orders?), but this confirms that our purchases at JCP Sephoras do count towards VIB status.  Yay!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I like the girls who work at the JCP Sephora versus the employees at the freestanding one in the same mall, and I like supporting them.  Even when they are crazy busy they always take time to greet me and my mom and help us pick out product, hold items, etc, even back when we first started shopping there and never spent much money.  I wouldn't want to shop somewhere else just to get some extra bonuses. 

When I actually obtained VIB status, it took several days for my account to switch over and the intro email to come. My Sephora JCP ladies and gents are fabulous, super nice and not at all pushy.

I too usually only shop at a JCP Sephora. I made a large purchase at a free standing Sephora yesterday and that qualified me for VIB status. I got my card as well as some coupons and a 500pt perk before I left the store. I think now that I have my VIB status I may just make my purchases online unless it's something that I really need to see in person, like yesterday when I wanted to get color matched for Laura Mercier moisture supreme foundation.

Did you guys get VIB 20 off 50 gift cards? I'm just curious because I didn't but I see others talking about it. I hate when I realize stuff like this at almost midnight and can't call Sephora at that very minute... Ahhhh the frustration!!!!!

Latest posts

Back