What makeup look did you use to do that makes u look back and cringe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
wearing only really thick white eyeliner and mascara on my top lid

lining my eyes thickly all around my eyes and just leaving it like that ... horrible 

using really frosty pink lipgloss all the time

cakey dry skin with foundation over top . ahhh

When I was like 14-15, I used to wear bottom eyeliner only, mascara, and a wet n wild lipstick that was deep red, almost black. And I would line my lips with black eyeliner. Talk about cringing! Ugh!

I'm guilty of bottom only eyeliner as well.  I was about 14 at the time, too.  I also wore black eyeshadow all over my moving lid when I was 15.  It was not subtle or flattering at all, especially considering how pale I am.  I'm not sure what I was thinking!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to wear really thick liner with eyelashes bent at a right angle lol.

Ha i did exactly the same thing!! With a super sticky shiney glittery lipgloss!

Blue eyeshadow was the only colour shadow I owned.  You know from there, nothing good can come from that...

I did the brown lip liner and a frosted pink lipstick. The lady at the Clinique counter told me it was the latest style and was flattering to everyone. I think not now looking back.

This is why I always ask myself if my makeup is trendy? If it's trendy I don't wear it, because I don't want any embarrassing moments later on. I think the worst I ever did was wear too dark lipstick, dark browns and burgundy shades.

Some gross things I've seen on others:

Acne covered skin with lipgloss and eye makeup, but no foundation, powder, or concealer. Gross

Lipliner with crusty and chapped lips!

.. ARGH!

I used to go to school with wonky bottom eyeliner that was thick in some areas and almost none in others.... and I thought it was good. :x

I used to wear only mascara and concealer so I don't have anything like that LOL. I still wear only mascara.

That depends on the shadow.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blue eyeshadow was the only colour shadow I owned.  You know from there, nothing good can come from that...

foundation without concealer under the eyes.Its like my whole face is masky and greyish under the eyes.Mascara without liner inner rims, bright cherry lipstick, sandalwood talc powder on top of foundation hahahha!Now Ive learnt and improved alot
tongue.gif

Extremly thin eyebrows... :/  As I look back, I was a hawt mess!!! Like...what was my problem?!?!?!?

I used wear the thickest Black Liquid liner, I always looked like a racoon... Also, me and my friend used to share foundation and we weren't even close to the same skintone lol so it looked good on her and SO DARK on me.. But I thought it "gave me a nice tanned look"
doh.gif

Everytime I look back I cringe.. WHAT was I thinking lol...

Wearing cream eyeshadow and layering it so that i had to endure cracked eyeshadow until i could go home and wash it away. Red eyeshadow and red lipstick, which looked very nice until i added pink blush and red teeshirt, what was i thinking ?

I used to line my inner eyelid with black eyeliner. I have small almond shaped eyes so needless to say it was not a good look for me.

oh god. horrible! 

i used to wear baby blue or just white eyeshadow. on the lid, only with no other colors. no eyeliner for top lashes. only black pencil liner on the waterline. then a coat or 2 of black mascara on the top lashes. no blush. and always no lip product unless i felt like i was going on a teenage date then i'd wear really pearly white or white pink lipgloss. lol. 

oh. and my foundation. horrible. applied the liquid in the morning with my hands. no primer. i took my covergirl pressed powder and reapplied powder every hour. LOL.  ew. with the sponge! 

Originally Posted by breathless /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh god. horrible! 

i used to wear baby blue or just white eyeshadow. on the lid, only with no other colors. no eyeliner for top lashes. only black pencil liner on the waterline. then a coat or 2 of black mascara on the top lashes. no blush. and always no lip product unless i felt like i was going on a teenage date then i'd wear really pearly white or white pink lipgloss. lol. 

oh. and my foundation. horrible. applied the liquid in the morning with my hands. no primer. i took my covergirl pressed powder and reapplied powder every hour. LOL.  ew. with the sponge! 

I used to reapply powder constantly, too! When I was in class and should've been listening, I was piling on the Covergirl pressed powder. 

Latest posts

Back