Which is better a comb or brush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I never brush my hair. But only because my hair is never really tangled. I wash it and it's smooth, I wake up and it just works. My friends are so frustrated w/ me because they can't believe I dont own a brush or comb. But honestly, I dont know which is better for me. I have longish straight hair. The only issue I have is when I curl it and put in tons of hair spray, but even then after a good washing all I need is my fingers to untangled what is there.

Bottom line is I've done some research on the creativehairtools site, (couldnt find any others) but don't want to buy everything out there. I know there are the barrel brushes, the straight rectangular looking ones, and the one with coarse bristles.But then there is the issue of vented, nylon, ceramic. As far as combs go, there are the skinny ones, or the big fatty ones. Which is best for me?

Apparently,  what you are using now works so why do you need to change?  All it would mean is that you are shelling out some $$$ and eventually, you will resort to what you have been used to using already.  I personally like a good wide-toothed comb and a paddle brush.  A barrel brush is also handy for curling. I bought a hairdryer that had a barrel brush attached to the end of it so I can curl and dry at the same time.  

If you don't get so much tangles and want to buy a tool (which isn't compulsory), go for a wide tooth comb, or a paddle brush. For the bristles, natural is better and will last longer, although it's more expensive.

You could get a barrel brush for curling, it's useful, but again it's not compulsory, whatever tool you buy it must feel comfortable in your hand and you must be sure you will use it.

Combing hair is the best option, when compared with brushing them. This also makes hair fall very

less.

As you have longer hair use a brush with larger diameter. Longer your hair larger the brush should be. 

But combing is enough for you as your hair doesn't get detangled.

Back