Milk Facewash

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was surfing for skincare again and a found a couple of recipes for a quick milk powder recipe.  I make a colloidal oatmeal/powdered milk face wash but here's something super simple.  You should remove your makeup first. I use my milk cleanser in the morning where I have no makeup on.  It gives me a good clean canvas for the day before I put my makeup on.

To make the milk cleanser, you will need:

• 1 tablespoon of powdered milk
  • Water from sink

Follow these steps:

1. Splash your face with lukewarm water.
  2. Pour the powdered milk into the cup of your wet hand.
  3. Put your palms together and mix. Sprinkle more water if it is too dry.  It's OK if it's runny.
  4. Rub the mixture on face like you would any other face cleanser.  Let it sit on your face for a minute or 2 and then rinse off with lukewarm water.

I love the recipe.  I also use Cleansing Milk, by Omorovicza, which keeps my face hydrated especially this winter season.

I use fresh milk. Works awesome. My hubby says the fragrance of the milk still lingers despite the fact that I wash my face very well with water lolz

Milk contains lactic acid that acts as a gentle exfoliater and removes the dead outer skin cells and helps reveal new soft ones. Milk also soothes the skin and is very gentle. My face feels clean and so soft after a milk face wash.

Thanks for your tips. But i have little doubt about this. Milk face wash is not good for oily skin it is very oily so bad for oily skin. So pity, my skin is oily.

It depends on what milk you are using.  I was using powdered skim milk.  It worked quite well with normalizing your skin.  I made a cleansing powder with oat flour, skim milk and kaolin clay.  It worked really well for cleansing in the morning.  It would not work to remove makeup tho.

Latest posts

Back