Quick birth control question!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! I know i've been super AWOL these last few weeks... I am here, I promise! just lurking. I've been really busy at the moment.

I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to a birth control problem i've been pondering over. basically i've skipped like three periods in a row and i need to skip the next period too. (i.e. taking lots of packs together). thing is i feel really unhealthy doing this and want to have the next period, just not on the weekend it's supposed to come! soooo... can i put it off by a week?

like take the next 7 days of the following pack, stop, have a 7 day break and period; and then take the remaining 14, and then the next full pack of 21 pills and then have a 7 day break as usual (if it suits me!) then? is this ok to do?

I don't see why not. I did this for about five years with the pill because of migraines.  I didn't even get one once a year. So you should be fine going back to your normal schedule.

I think that´s ok but don´t quote me on that lol

At one point I skipped 3 periods in a row, but with the pill I´m on (Diane/Dianette) it wasn´t a good feeling. My boobs got almost a full cupsize bigger and were very tender for the last month. And I kinda felt bloated all over, yuck.

My doc said with that pill you´re not really supposed to skip periods (I believe it has something to do with the fact that it´s not among the most low dosage pills out there)

my doctor was surprised I didn't do this every month. I felt the same as you, but she said there is nothing wrong with skipping them altogether.

ah, great. thanks guys, you're putting my mind at ease! stupid long distance relationships
irked.gif

if your cycle isn't on a normal monthly schedule anyway, then it really doesn't matter that much.  You want to make sure you "clean out your system" still (kind of gross to think it stays inside you for so long), but considering you're not releasing an egg, you're just having your period to clean it out.

As long as you're not taking a weekly cycling pill, it should be fine.  (If your pill colors are the same color/dose for the full 21 days, not 4 different colors for each of the 4 weeks)  but I don't think the cycling pills are recommended for back-to-back, since those ARE on a monthly schedule, and the period week is part of the monthly cycle for that pill.  The non-cycling ones are basically just "on" or "off" instead of step 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4.

If you are taking a 28 pill pack, skip the last 7 days and start in the new pack after 21 days.  The last 7 days are placebo which just keeps you scheduled to take the pill.  There is no medical reason at all why you need to have your period at all if you don't want.   The 7 day rest period was conceived by men who were the scientists that developed the initial pill.  It makes for a more 'natural' cycle that they thought would be more accepted by women of that time.  They thought women would feel more accepting to this birth control method if it did not change the visible bodily functions.  It was the thought process of that time period.  There are many doctors that think it is not necessary  to take a break and there are also birth control pharmaceuticals that you don't even get a period at all for extended lengths of time.  Depo-Provera is one which is an injection that lasts 3 months. 

I would not do this more than two months in a row. The Blood is not ment to be in there and rotten.

its mostly water. it is in a location that is anaerobic and doesn't have any bacterial growth.  Your uterus is meant to carry the baby so it is clean as clean can be.  No air = no oxydation = no decomposition.

Latest posts

Back