Makeup no-buy for 3 months.. can I do this???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That means no makeup purchases until January 24th 2011. Auch..

Hi, My name is Marielle and I live in Belgium. Newbie here, but not to other makeup fora (all on mineral makeup). I am turning away from mineral makeup and loved what I read here. So I decided to join you.

I've tried Project 10 Pan and I cheated by finishing skin care items and shampoo's and counting them as items. Needless to say, I did not finish one single makeup item.

I really want to do this, and I realize it will be so hard to do! I am excluding skin care as I need to find a good routine.

My rules: No makup buying for 3 whole months

Shopping my stash and at the same time trying to finish off as many things I can.

Skin care items allowed but only one per two finished items.

Once the three months are over, one makeup purchase per month allowed.

Thanks in advance for all the support!

Marielle

Yes, you can. 

Save up the money you would spend and bring on the new year with som new funky make up.

Good luck.

You can do it! The holidays are the worst because everyone is pushing the holiday giftsets and people like to hype things up! I have gotten over thinking any piece of makeup is a "must have".

You can do it! I've been on no buy since July. I only caved in once but otherwise I've done good. It's amazing what you find in your stash, create new looks. I find if I'm out shopping and come across makeup I usually say to myself I likely have something similar in my stash.

Good luck!
smile.gif

Thank you!! Glad to have found such an understanding and supportive community!

My temptation lies mostly on the internet as I am never tempted by the usual brands here in Europe (yes, I do mean Chanel, etc..) I've been a bit bored with them.

Ofcourse I have developed a taste for all the great stuff that cannot be bought here (Nars, Urban Decay, Mac (only three or four counters/stored here)

I buy most of the items based on reviews and swatches.

But I'm determined and will try to "just" create a wishlist.LOL

Thanks again!

I also have decided to go on a no-buy, of own free will. I don't know for how long I will be on my no-buy. I will post here as often as I can, to give support to whom need
biggrin.gif

Good luck, Amendria!

It's hard! But I am sure by the time I get to buy something, my wishlist will have changed so much, I won't know what to buy anymore!

Now I can rethink a lot of things I would have bought impulsively.

I bought a little notebook in which I write down what I want, and I end up crossing off a lot of things. ;-)

Good luck to anyone who does this! I find over the autumn/winter when Holiday sets are out is the most difficult time for me, but come January 1st I'll be on a strict spending ban!
biggrin.gif

Best of luck with your no buy. You can do it. Just remember, more than likely you have something similar in your stash already.
smile.gif

Back