Another reason why Walmart SUCKS!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted another stippling brush but didn't want to spend alot for it. So I had the bright idea to go to Walmart and get their stippler because I saw it mentioned somewhere. I took it home, washed it, and THIS is what happened:

WalmartStippler-1.jpg

Needless to say I have even LESS reason to shop there...

wow! Thanks for showing us! I guess MAC brushes really are worth their price.

Cripes! I think Sonia Kashuk has a stippler as well, though I don't regret my 187. I bought mine during a F&F sale (I think). Isn't MAC due for a sale soon?

Have you tried the Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target.  I have a few of the lower end and i really like them, a couple i've had for over 2 years.  I don't have their stippling brush though. 

Also CVS has a small selection of brushes that work surprisingly well, I like the ones that come in a set of 2 and are called essence of Beauty, comparable to macs pencil, i think the number is 219) brush. http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=306093&productId=306093&navAction=jump&navCount=3

If you can save up for mac I would and buy the fullsize individual ones because the ones that come in mini sets aren't the same quality.

I like mac's larger brushes especially, like their contour brush and blush brush because they shed the least of any brand i've tried.  I'm in love with my 188 brush but i misplaced it, so i'm going to have to buy another.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cripes! I think Sonia Kashuk has a stippler as well, though I don't regret my 187. I bought mine during a F&F sale (I think). Isn't MAC due for a sale soon?

what's an f&f sale? I've been to CCO's...

do they allow for returns? that's terrible.  I've had shedding issues before, but that looks like it has some sort of life threatening disease!

thats horrible! i had never seen anything worse than that! ack! bring it back! or call the company! 

Oh man that sucks!!!! Sorry girl, at least now you know better for next time and won't make that same mistake :-/

My Walmart does do returns, but the receipt got thrown away (too many cooks). So I just took it as a lesson not to buy brushes there in the future.

I know some wal marts will take the merchandise back without a receipt but they will only give you a gift card and/or you can only spend in the department you bought the returned product in.

I hate wal-mart bc their cheap stuff is made in China (usually) and super-mega corporations are killing the US economy.  It's nothing personal, just business.

Wow thats really terrible! Lesson learned I guess. You get what you pay for!

Latest posts

Back