Dare To Be - Night Sky (Oct 27- Nov 10)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
 [SIZE=medium]Time for a new theme!
happy.gif

Our new theme is Dare To Be - Night Sky [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Chosen by Chantelle winner of Dare To Be - ON FIRE!
goldcup.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]New Rule!!!
If you are planning on entering this challenge, please post your entry in this thread and then PM me with your choice of theme should you win the challenge. If you do not PM me with your choice, your entry will not be included in the voting poll. I will do my best to remind anyone should they forget. 
rolleyes.gif
[/SIZE]

Entry deadline for Dare to Be Challenges will be at 6pm Eastern Time on the last day of the challenge. (2 weeks time) Please have your entry posted prior to this date/time
smile.gif
Thank You.

[SIZE=medium]Here are some inspirational pics, but feel free to add your own to this thread:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]For those who would like to enter, please note:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]The rules have changed. Entries must be specifically created for this challenge. Recycled[/SIZE] images are no longer allowed.

[SIZE=large]Please review the rest of the rules here[/SIZE][SIZE=large].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=large]As before, [/SIZE][SIZE=large]no photoshopping is allowed[/SIZE][SIZE=large]. This includes the lightening and darkening of images. Only cropping and resizing images is allowed.[/SIZE]

Have fun and enjoy the contest! 
happy.gif
  Good Luck!

[SIZE=medium]New Rule!!!
If you are planning on entering this challenge, please post your entry in this thread and then PM me with your choice of theme should you win the challenge. If you do not PM me with your choice, your entry will not be included in the voting poll. I will do my best to remind anyone should they forget. 
rolleyes.gif
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]For those whose entries include more than one[/SIZE] pic: Please indicate in your post with the images which one you would like for voting. Otherwise, the first image will be chosen automatically.

Urgh! I tried this tonight, but I got a big old fail. The highlight was all wrong. I really want to enter this one.

I will be trying out this look very soon, maybe tonight.

Only problem I have is I CAN NOT take photos! I don't know why! I have an awesome digital camera but I just can't figure it out! (Any help/tips greatly appreciated!)

If anyone has anymore inspiration photos please feel free to post here in this thread!

I tried out this Night Sky look except my photos were all terribly washed out. I will definetly be redoing this look agian this week.

Originally Posted by Sherbert-Kisses /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What camera do you have?
Olympus Stylus 770 SW 7.1 megapixel

Try taking the pictures in as much natural light as possible so the flash doesn't overpower the colours. So if you can take it in the daytime it should be easier. Stand with light directly in front of you and take the picture then.

Everything Sherbert Kisses said, plus also if you can, use a tripod or set the camera on a smooth, level and stable surface so it won't blur as much as when you hold it freehand.

Originally Posted by Sherbert-Kisses /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try taking the pictures in as much natural light as possible so the flash doesn't overpower the colours. So if you can take it in the daytime it should be easier. Stand with light directly in front of you and take the picture then.

Originally Posted by kellilio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Everything Sherbert Kisses said, plus also if you can, use a tripod or set the camera on a smooth, level and stable surface so it won't blur as much as when you hold it freehand.

Thank you ladies, I will do my photos in the daylight. I normally do that at night, so the lighting has been really terrible.

I don't have a tripod, but I can set the timer and place the camera on a table.

Has nobody done this Dare to Be yet? Lets start loading some photos ladies!
smile.gif

I did makeup only on my eyes, so don't judge my skin, lol!   Reason being is my face is still sore in some places from my halloween liquid laytex.

I can't resist my colors!!

To explain the inspiration behind this look. I love driving at night and looking at the night sky and there is always this divide where I live where top of the sky is a beautiful midnight blue/black and then the tree line is an infusion of purples and pinks. I added the yellow and silver for star colors, and the bright colors in the center of my eye is the moon. I was tempted to use some gel eyeliner to add in a tree to help give the visual of the sky light behind the shadows of the trees, but I didn't wanna take the chance it'd mess up the look.

Ok so this is my FIRST post. Don't be too harsh ladies :)  i know its not blue, but this is what i came up with bc it reminded me of night time

im going to use the 3rd pic as my entry

Anuz - wow lovely entry...love ur lip colour.

callmemrs - it def went with the theme, looks pretty.

mac - def a good try and like the shape of your brow.

Good luck ladies,,,

I love all your entries.

annuzka - I love your contrast between lips and eyes and you did some great job blending the blue colors.

CallmeMrsAL - Beautiful colors and I like your daring move with taking the colors farther than just the eyes.

MACmillionLover - Nice colors, I like that you used purple instead of blue. A shame you got so overpowering eyelashes, I think. And I love the detail with the rhinestones.

Back