QOTD Nov 1, 2010: How do you normally wear your hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I had really long hair I always had it in a knot, now I got it in a ponytail. I need to keep my hair out of my face cause I get really bad outbreaks.

Cut at 1/16 of an inch
smile.gif

Wow Razor that's some wild hair!

For work I have to have my hair up, so it's usually in a ponytail of sorts. When I am not at work, I usually wear it out and straight. When I go out I'll often curl it.

Thanks Bec
smile.gif

When you curl your hair do you use a curling iron or rollers? I've been wanting to do something like this

full body and straight at the top but the ends curled, any suggestions on what size rollers to use and how to achieve this? I have thin hair and I need more volume! 

I curl my hair like the photo you just posted. I use a curling iron to achieve that look. I use a 1 1/4 inch (32mm) babyliss pro curling iron and I usually give the piece of hair I am about to curl a good spray of hair spray before curling and a good spray all over the hair when I am done. I also find if I blowdry my hair first that makes a big difference. I also have really fine hair, so I use a fabulous volumising product by Sebastian called Thickefy Foam. I am amazed by this stuff. It's like a mousse and adds insane volume. I pop that in my hair, blow dry it and then curl. Va Va Voooom
biggrin.gif

Razor, those 50's styles are gorgeous. You should totally do a tutorial if you haven't already!

Thank you Pink Sugar! I've been saving my pennies for an HD camcorder, so tutorials may be in the near future
biggrin.gif

I like to leave my hair open cos tying too much starts me off with a headache.  Sometimes when it really hot I will tie it up for a while and than let it loose.

Razor those hairstyles are fierce! Loving the blue one the most!

I have been wearing my hair in a ponytail for like 10 years! I kid you not. Lately though I've been trying to actually do my hair and now I'm trying to do more natural looks. But I'm on the verge of going to get it cut off because all those years of just one damaging style has really messed my hair up. I'm just too chicken to do it!!

My hair is shoulder length so usually wear it down and flat iron. When I'm exercising or it's hot out I wear a pony tail.

my hair is to short to wear in a pony tail! Im growing it back out! usually straighten it cause the ends flip up.

I normally have a ponytail or a bun (if i'm leaving the house) lol but just at home i keep it wrapped! I would say it's just past my shoulders!
rotfl.gif

Back