Wedding makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When doing Wedding makeup whats the best type of foundation to use stick or liquid?

It really depends on the bride ie. her skin type etc. You'll also want to consider if the wedding is being held inside or out and what the temp may be like. I really like Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse and you can use a liquid and perhaps set it with MAC Fix and/or a translucent powder.

Hope that helps...

I think liquid foundation is best. The biggest advantage about liquid foundation is that it is very light and is quickly absorbed into the skin. It provides nice light cover which allows the skin to breathe. Liquid foundation products can be found to suit all types of skin. Whether you have oily skin, dry skin or combination skin, you will be able to find the right liquid foundation for you.

I think it has to do with your skin type and preference too, which formula you go with...  There are creams that dry down matte or dewy as there are liquids. Personally for important things, I like my creams better because they can be really sheered out and for some reason are easier to work with and I like the finish. But that's just me.

And I'll have to disagree that liquids are all light and allow skin to breathe. There are some I've tried that feel like I put a resin on my face.

It depends on skin type, what kind of wedding it is, morning,afternoon,night things like that.

I NEED HELP! IM HAVING A TRADITIONAL HINDU ENGAGEMENT CEREMONY AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO FOR MAKE-UP! HELP!

I just went to a Bhutanese wedding today! Errr...it was more like a gift-giving ceremony and reception. It was fun and very different than what I was used to, but everyone was very nice.

I think it would be best to do a neutral (think deep browns instead of blacks) smokey eye that's mostly matte and lots of mascara, maybe even false eyelashes.

Fill in and contour the brows.

And make sure to use a camera-flash appropriate foundation. You can find some here.

Take pictures of your look to see what it looks like on camera, with flash and natural light. Practice a lot too.
biggrin.gif

Those are just the things that come to mind.

Definitely depends on skin. I was in my dad's wedding this past weekend and I used different foundations on every person. For his wife, with her more aged skin, I used a really moisturizing liquid. For the younger girls with oily skin, I used Tarte's amazonian clay foundation (it rocks). However, that was a bit drying for my youngest sister so I mixed the foundation with moisturizer to make it more emollient. Definitely make sure everyone is moisturized! I found that liquid just photographs the best for me, and it's easiest to blend into a natural look. 

l love the cover girl foundation that is the liquid. But whatever the bride wants is what she gets.

l love the cover girl foundation that is the liquid. But whatever the bride wants is what she gets. Just make sure she has the right skin color for that foundation.

It all depends on what color your skin tone is and what sort of foundation you like to use

[SIZE=small]-> Liquid foundations suit almost all skin types: for dry and wrinkled skin, for oily skin and for combination[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]-> Cake or stick foundations: work best on an oily skin as they dry up soon making the skin appear uniform. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Women with dry and normal skin should stay away from stick foundations as it may leave your skin appear dry and blotchy.[/SIZE]

These are the best foundations:

Revlon Colorstay - It comes in a wide array of colors and is inexpensive Price: $12.99

Estee Lauder Double Wear- This one covers well and stays on all day Price: $34

Chanel Mat Lumiere- Looks natural and photographs well on face Price: $54

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet- It controls shine and is long lasting Price: $34

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra- to get flawless finish and it covers well Price: $42

Back