MAC is getting tired...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are too many collections to keep up with. Many new collections have reissues of items I didn't want the first time around. 

Although I've liked some of their recent collections, I did prefer the old days of collections being occasional rather than every other month. I'm not too bothered if I miss something out of a collection as its likely they will be repromoted at some point so tend to have less crazy splurges!

I like MAC, but I am not dependent on the brand, since there are other good brands out there, and the only collection I truly liked was the N-Collection.

Yup.

I still love lots of MAC products, but they are not the be all end all for me.

I agree. They're churning them out way too quickly for me. I just get the personal stand outs and I'm good.

They definitely are cranking out those collections and I hate that. HOWEVER, they're still my favorite brand. But I like others.

Well they are trying to target new people all the time so if you have been into MAC for a while Im pretty sure you have noticed they recycle all their stuff.  Ive been over MAC for a while. Aside from a couple of LE items that i might be interested in and any cool character collections I dont really care too much anymore.

Yeah it seems like many of their LE items are pretty much the same as their permanent items. Although, I did like that villains collection, many of those colors seemed very different from the permanent items.

MAC is still my go-to brand, but coming on here, I get exposed to all sorts of new wants and gotta have it cosmetics!!!  I mostly go for the LE packaging and new colors.

i have very little mac but the items i do own are mainly face products or some eyeshadows...other then thats its not something i go to everyday in my collection...

i have many diff brands in my collection and i must say every makeup company is favorites for something diff, like mac is known for the MSF or shadows and coast scents for the cheap alternative burshes and bright pigmented colours and invovative ideas, then u have revlon for the face and lip products etc etc...the list goes on

but i must say i do prefer alot of other companies over MAC if i can find a cheaper alternative that has no reaction to my sensitive skin then its def a keeper

I went to MAC today to do some therapy shopping and didn't see a.dang.thing.that.I.wanted. That's a first for me!

I got really big into mac in 2005.  About a year later they started discontinuing really good products and their l.e. items weren't that unique.  The collections come out so fast it gets boring keeping up with them and spending your money on your 304803480 green eyeshadow that is almost just like one in their permanent line when you want something else like some shoes!

I am really disappointed they discontinued some fun colors like canton candy paint and sea me shadestick as well as some of the cream color bases.  And they moved so many great items over to macpro too.  I can always order from macpro, but it's so much more fun to actually go to the store and see the product. .

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/MAC-Cosmetics-Reviews-E229529.htm

http://www.careerbliss.com/company-reviews/mac-cosmetics-reviews-39214/

i totally agree.

everytime i purchase mac l.e. i end up not using it or am dissapointed.

actually, i think i get dissapointed in most of their products.

like lolaB said, quantity over quality.

Mac is a good brand but they are pushing out collections like there running out of money! The thing is there probably not making as much as they normally do since some people are thinking twice to spend 45 on foundation and ect.. 

They repeat a lot of the same colors, I go for what I dont have.

Back