How in heavens do you highlight?????????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just don't know how to do it......I see many celebs look like this (below) and I just dont know if this is how you ARE supposed to look with highlighting...or if this is just a bad job...help?

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just don't know how to do it......I see many celebs look like this (below) and I just dont know if this is how you ARE supposed to look with highlighting...or if this is just a bad job...help?

I really think that Kim did this for halloween, I always love/follow her make up and she looks normal in her other pictures. My rule of thumb for highlight is anywhere you want light to catch. I usually put it right under and around my eyes to brighten it up. I also dust just a LITTLE on top of my blush to have a hint of glow. 

the general rule is where the light would naturally hit your face so, top of cheeks, nose, forehead, chin. That said, everyone is different so try a little in the places where you'd like a bit of glow.

^^^What was written above.  If you shine low light on over your face, above your head, whatever that is lit, should be the areas.  It should just be subtle.  If you go crazy, you'll shine like a disco ball
wink.gif

I usually just do the tops of my cheekbone.  I find that the ridge of your nose and your forehead makes you look kinda shiny in an oily way.  That photo is a terrible example because she's in a halloween costume so everything is very exaggerated. She looks like she is wearing a white mask over her eyes.

OK. Got it....I see many stars and gurus on Youtube who highlight below their eyes and it looks like the photo above (example petrilude).  It's not shiny though, so you can do it with a matte powder as well?

It doesn't really look like she's got highlight on there, more like just way too light concealer all under her eyes, which she does a lot. You want more of a highlight on the tops of the cheekbones which is very close to there, but not exactly the same placement. You *can* use matte, which is easier with a cream because it will actually show (that involves contouring with different shades of foundation or concealer which can be a little more difficult) but using something shimmery is much more user friendly - you just dab it on the the shimmer particles reflect and diffuse light. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

^^ I was thinking the same thing about Kim K. It seems like it's too light of a concealer under her eyes going against the bronzer on the rest of her face rather than her using a highlighter under her eyes. It reminds me of the look that people get when they tan with goggles on . lol

I apply highlighter to the top of my cheekbones, brow bones and a tiny amount in the inner corner of my eyes (the skin area). I have never applied highlighter on my forehead or nose.

Kim always highlights under her eyes like that. Personally, I don't get it but whatever. I just go for highlighting the tops of my cheekbones and my brows.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd kill for her melons lol!! I think she looks great.

HAHA!  You telling me?!?!!

Back