Hands care!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all!

I am 23 years old, telling you my age so that you may understand my skin condition. 

My face skin is much better but hands look like they have wrinkles on it like an old lady of above 40 years.

Let me admit you that i have been negligent about my hands for quite some time but now i really want to help them and recover my original skin back.

What i must do and what i must not do to make my hands look beautiful?

please help me with your valuable tips. Thanks

Exfoliate and moisturise! Just like you would with your face. You can get anti-aging handcreams, I tried the Dove one but didn't really find it made a lot of difference so stick to my normal handcreams now but include exfoliation. Autumn/winter tends to make my hands look old and sad so I will exfoliate (The Body Shop Hemp hand scrub normally) and then a good amount of either L'Occitane Shea Butter handcream/Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream for hands. For deep moisturising you can try wearing some light gloves overnight after you have applied handcream for additional benefits.

Originally Posted by CuteCurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi all!

I am 23 years old, telling you my age so that you may understand my skin condition. 

My face skin is much better but hands look like they have wrinkles on it like an old lady of above 40 years.

Let me admit you that i have been negligent about my hands for quite some time but now i really want to help them and recover my original skin back.

What i must do and what i must not do to make my hands look beautiful?

please help me with your valuable tips. Thanks
Old lady of above 40 years????

Hey, I'm 46 and hardly an old lady!

I'm sure that any female 40+ would hate to hear that she's an old lady...

Wear sunscreen on your hands everyday. Re-apply after you wash your hands.

Awww i am so sorry! I did not mean that. My mind was missing when i was writing that i guess
biggrin.gif

but thanks for all the lovely suggetions

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No worries - just keep your hands out of the sun and you'll see results

Ya i wish i could do that., but practically who can do that. well  i normally forget to apply sunscreen to my hands, please tell me any normal sun screen which i apply on face would be enough for hands?

As long as a sunscreen has an spf of 15, you should be ok. Use the facial sunscreens if you like - I like the Olay ones.

Apply on top of hands, after washing.

I wear mitts/gloves in the cold weather so I don't apply spf on the back of my hands then.

I agree with moisturizing and exfoliating as well.

Try to be diligent and I bet your hands will look great within a month.

Before you go to bed, slather a heavy moisturizing cream on your hands and put on vinyl or latex gloves. I'm a compulsive hand washer to the point where my hands crack and bleed and that is the only way I can keep skin on my hands til Spring. 

I agree with the last post.

Try using a handcream that contains a good amount of water, that is hydrating and not just nourishing. Dry, cracked skin needs moisture that cannot be exclusively found in fat, that's why vaseline is to be avoided (it can only act as a protective coat against the cold). When my hands were so dry last winter they cracked and bled in tiny cuts, i also used a hydrating face serum under my handcream, i truly believe that's what made the difference. It's maybe an odd use of serum, but it's one solution too.

For extra dry hands and calluses, i also recommend macadamia nut oil. It's the worst enemy i found against cracked skin.

Back