Estee Lauder Double Wear - Anything similar?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I recently caved in and bought El's Double Wear foundation and I think it covers great!

My only problems with this foundation are:

1). The pinkest shade is still too yellow for my skintone.

2). The foundation can be a little drying on some areas of my face.

3). Most of my setting powders only accentuate dryness on some days when I use this foundation (which setting powders do you think would work best?)

4). Even when using Monistat as a primer, after about 8 hours, the foundation begins to come off of my nose area (my t-zone is very oily).

5). The price.

Like I said i'm using Monistat as a primer, and right now i'm using the Translucent Loose Setting powder by N.Y.C.

I'm moisturizing with Derma-e Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate Wrinkle Treatment Crème 

http://www.dermae.net/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3exec=dei.portal&CMD=DEI.DPRODUCTS&SESSIONID=1565240447A&PN=0480ea&WHICH=

I've been applying the foundation with my fingers, the powder with my ELF Studio Powder Brush (and sometimes ELF Mineral Kabuki).

I really like this foundation since it doesn't transfer, covers 90% of my blemishes and I don't have that horrible shiny look within 2 hours.

I'd hate to switch, but I don't want to look like I didn't put makeup on my nose, or have dry patches on my face.

I've heard that Studio Sculpt by MAC is a dewier dupe for this since they both have great coverage but different finishes. Is this true?

Can anybody help me out here ;(?

I agree with Studio Sculpt being a slightly dewier, more natural looking (yet not AS long lasting on my very oily skin) version of EL Double Wear.

Back