What happened to my spontaneous side?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a college student in her senior year. I'm at a breaking point or phase I guess I should say where I feel like all I do is school and internships and school and internships. I moved out to SF to start a successful college career. I joined a sorority to make friends. I even have a boyfriend out here... But all of it seems to not fit into place?

I'm going thru a phase where sorority life is old. I'm over it and even got out of it. My boyfriend is two years younger then me and is still in a phase of wanting to be spontaneous and young. I'm just at a phase where... well hard work will pay off soon right? I hardly go out and its not because I can't... I'm just too tired. Maybe its because I've grown up? I know what I have to do? Responsibilities?

I used to be the girl who would lloooveee going out every weekend... random trips...getting drunk...

but as you get older and your internships dont pay... then what else is there to do?

I'm about to graduate soon. I've gained two successful internships within a year. I'm an assistant to a judge at the courthouse and next semester I will be working at the District Attorney's office. So why am I so unhappy? All my accomplishments have made me happy..and I feel so grateful and rewarded that this is what I really want to do... but I'm really unhappy that I'm not spontaneous anymore. I keep saying all this hard work and school will pay off and I will get into law school and be that attorney I want to be...

The other frustrating thing is my boyfriend thinks I've turned into this lifeless soul who doesn't care about our relationship. But hes always working and would rather spend time with his friends on weekends and hardly calls me? I want us to work out..but I'm not even sure what to do.

Even this post is confusing cause I don't even know what I'm feeling...

HELP please. Any words of encouragement or anything would help.

I just came back to this forum because in the past Ive made good friends here... but disappeared for a while! And now I'm back!

I know you don't want to hear my advice but I'm going to tell you any ways.

You need to split up with your boyfriend. He has a negative attitude and is holding you back from where you really need to be. He knows that you are outgrowing him, which you are.

Congratulations on all your accomplishments - sounds like you will continue to go far!

I agree with Carolyn...  When you graduate everything is going to change for you....  things will never be the same.   It's exciting and scarry combined but you have the change to make it what ever you want..... 

I agree with Dragonfly as well.  You're outgrowing your boyfriend and your old life.  Congrats on becoming a grown up
smile.gif
  Some of it sucks and you have more responsibility, but there are parts that are really, really awesome.

It's called growing up, honey.  We all go thru it.  You are entering another phase in your life where you are getting ready to put all that school stuff to use.  Your boyfriend, who is 2 years younger is mentally probably 6 or 7 years younger than you are.  He is at a different stage in his life than you are.  Focus on what you need to do rather than what he wants you to do.  Spontaniety gets old. I'm very glad that you are trying to secure a bright future for yourself.  Keep up the good work and it will all pay off in the end.  Don't let some guy ruin your plans for you. 

I agree its just another phase.  Although its fun to go crazy once in a while you are moving into a phase where you have to focus on your current path so you can provide for yourself. 

Back