Eyebrow Help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope I am posting this in the right spot and that this hasn't been asked/answered before.

I was just searching around for the same sort of post but couldn't seem to find one so I apologize if it is somewhere here and I missed it.
ooops.gif

My eyebrows are naturally uneven and I've tried for years now to get them to match and yet to have any luck.

The right side is slightly lower than the left one and it drives me crazy!

I've had them done at several local waxing places and every time someone has done them they came out worse.

After bad experiences there I decided to allow my friend to give it a try since she has done a decent job at hers but unfortunately failed to do the same for mine.
wacko.gif

Finally, I decided at this point I may as well give it a try myself but I've never done this before so I am afraid I will only make it worse.

Any advice on how to make sure/reduce chances of making your eyebrows horribly uneven and mismatched?

Right now the damage is not -too- bad but I am in the process of growing them back and hoping they do so.

I've heard something about stenciling your eyebrow but I have no clue what that means, lol.

Do you know of a good eyebrow threader? I won't say mine were mismatched but when I'd go to get them waxed or shaved, the person would always tell me how difficult it was to make them look decent. They naturally go up sharply and then the other half connects a little lower and goes sharply down, kind of like two upside down, angry "V's" but worse because there's a bit of a space in between the two parts. lol  Imagine Jack Nicholson.

Anyhoo, try growing them out as much as you can and give threading a shot. If you don't like the shape, you don't have to wait as long as waxing for the hair to come back. Try to get a recommendation for a good threader though.

Some people are also using eyelash growth products on their eyebrows and getting fuller, thicker brows. That may help too.

My left one has less of an arch and is also lower than my right.

I got an inexpensive white liner (think it was a dollar!) and just colored in where I thought it was best to pluck my eyebrows. I did this for both sides and then I stepped back from the mirror to see if it was the closes I can get to what I wanted.

I also fill it in. I use an angled brush, like one that you would use for paint pot eyeliners. My hair is very dark, so I use a matte brown eye shadow. Then I just feather it in so it matches the other side.

I think what people are referring to as 'stenciling' is those kits from Anastasia. It has stencils in them where you can literally put up to your eyebrows and fill in. Which is weird to me, because my face curves and I don't know how I would hold and fill at the same time. It's also a pretty hefty price. I think a kit is like 50-70?

http://www.thebeautyfulblog.com

Stenciling refers to those kits you can find in beauty stores. Basically, it's a set of stencils providing different eyebrow shapes, to help you pluck any extra hair.

I have the same problem as you, my left eyebrow is slightly higher than my right eyebrow, my eyebrows grow downwards so i feel it's really noticeable. What do i do ? I simply fill my eyebrow on the top
smile.gif

Also, your eyebrows grow, so sometimes all you need to do is brush them down (for the tail and arch) and up (for the rest) and cut them with a small pair of manicure scissors. Do this before plucking.

Remember your eyebrows are sisters, not twins. So they will never look 100% identical. There are a few guidelines to create a good looking eyebrow. I suck at explanations, so i suggest you watch this video, which is where i got them.

i have the curse of wonky brows too! one is higher than the other, they dont have natural arches and on one of them the hair naturally grows down at a different angle at the end compared to the other. i usually pluck so they about the same thickness (ignore the rule cant pluck ontop of brows, its BS pluck where ever) then i draw them on. i use a brow gel and if i want really perfect brows i use a wooden spatula to draw the angles on. basically making an inexpensive stencil. Also if your brows dip down at different angles like mine, what i do is literally shave off the end of the brow to the point it starts to dip, then draw it on to match other side.

illamasqua do a brow cake and MAC do a brow pen which is quite reddy toned. the illamasqua one has loads of different shades which is probably best imo.

I agree, you can pluck on the top as well. I suggest you pluck everything under first, but then if you have extra hairs above the end of your eyebrows and above the arch, pluck them.

To grow them, you can use castor oil, it works really well. I also suggest you get some eyebrow powder or pencil (to your preference, although i find an eyeshadow is more economical) to fill them in.

I HIGHLY recommend the kit from Anastasia, it comes with stencils, wax, color for your eyebrows, etc.

I use it everyday and it has saved my life!

I would reccomend a local Asian salon. My waxer is awesome, even though my brows are uneven also. I think Thai ladies have some type of strategy to where they get them absolutely perfect.

Thank you very much for all the replies girls. :]

I'll definitely watch that video and check out those tips.

You're right Reese, Leticia does have amazing eyebrows. I wish mine looked like that!

I'm in the process of growing my right side out. The arch is too high, the brow itself is to slim and it doesn't look right at all. I bought a stencil to give my left brow a more defined shape since I was growing that out before and it worked perfectly. I'm just scared that I won't match up the brows once my right side grows out more.

• So if you think they're ready to get plucked, pluck them. No harm in waiting a bit more.
  • Don't be too obsessed with plucking like using a magnified mirror to get the littlest ones.
  • Relax your face. As much as one wants an arch, your brows will look more "surprising" if you lift them while you pluck.
  • Keep brushing your brows in each and everyway at a distance in the mirror to see how the hair falls and if the need trimming with scissors.

Hope that helps as well.

Thank you.

I've been searching on the internet for different stencils cause that seems to be the fool proof way of doing it. (For me anyways, since I have no experience plucking/shaping eyebrows).

So far the only ones I've run across is the "Anastasia Classic Stencils" but 20$ is a bit much for me.

Someone also suggested on another web page "Fran Wilson Instant Brows Arched" which are much more affordable but I don't know if they'd work the same?

Printable stencils from "http://www.yestheyrefake.net/eyebrow_stencils.htm" were also suggested...but that sounds somewhat scary for some reason, lol.

I suppose the printable ones would be just the same as the plastic but I'm not sure?

The paper is also more fragile than plastic, use a good paper. It's a good option to try before buying plastic stencils as it only costs a sheet of paper.

Latest posts

Back