Thank you Health Care Reform!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just went through the numbers last night, for my family's health care insurance for 2011...  and for the exact same identical care level I have this year, my costs went up 49.7%!!!!   So now I have to pay thousands more next year...  Which means that is thousands that I won't be putting into the economy or won't be saving for my kids education.... or retirement....  if I can ever do that.....   Some reform!!  Thanks a lot.....     Vent Over.......

Thanks L...  It really does...  looks like my "no buy" will be continuing a lot longer than thought...  lol

Yep. If you follow Bill O'Reilly, you will know that all health insurance providers are doing similar things in anticipation of ObamaCare. With Obamacare looming, health insurance companies are regulated instead of them being a general business. In short, they are raising the rates on you and your family simply due to the fact that they will make less when Obamacare goes into effect. Here is a great article on just that.

lol No i do not follow Bill O'Reilly on anything.  I also dont even have health insurance but maybe I will with Obamacare!

Yeah, someone has to pay for it, eh? Let's all remember that, nothing is for free. You may want to get health insurance or you may be penalized. (ouch) From CNN website: "An adult who does not have health insurance by 2014 would be penalized $95 or 1 percent of income, whichever is greater, so long as the amount does not exceed the price tag of a basic health plan. But by 2016, the penalty increases to $695 for an uninsured adult, and up to $2,085 per household, or 2.5 percent of income, whichever is greater." My wife has continuously reminded me how socialized medicine works in Finland. Everyone uses private doctors if they want quality care and do not want to wait hours on end to see an underpaid doctor, the Fins simply laugh at their socialized medicine. My mother-in-law, who has Parkinson's, has to wait 9 months for a physical therapy appointment., but hey it's FREE, right? A ridiculous social medicine tactic. BTW, they use a private doctor and pay for it. We won't even discuss how my wife's teeth were drilled and filled with out any Novocaine simply due to social medicine doesn't pay for it. These are all true facts.

lol No i do not follow Bill O'Reilly on anything.  I also dont even have health insurance but maybe I will with Obamacare!

Seriously you are going to get penalized anyway.  If its not healthcare its something else.  Americans love to whine about their problems but no one seems to do anything about it.  We keep voting moron after moron into government.

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From CNN website:
"An adult who does not have health insurance by 2014 would be penalized $95 or 1 percent of income, whichever is greater, so long as the amount does not exceed the price tag of a basic health plan. But by 2016, the penalty increases to $695 for an uninsured adult, and up to $2,085 per household, or 2.5 percent of income, whichever is greater."

My wife has continuously reminded me how socialized medicine works in Finland. Everyone uses private doctors if they want quality care and do not want to wait hours on end to see an underpaid doctor, the Fins simply laugh at their socialized medicine. My mother-in-law, who has Parkinson's, has to wait 9 months for a physical therapy appointment., but hey it's FREE, right? A ridiculous social medicine tactic. BTW, they use a private doctor and pay for it. We won't even discuss how my wife's teeth were drilled and filled with out any Novocaine simply due to social medicine doesn't pay for it. These are all true facts.

I find this to be really surprising. I was watching an investigative show last year about Finland's health care. Everyone in the video was raving about it, saying how they couldn't believe American's didn't have a similar system in place.

Yeah, believe me. But, I am truly the messenger here. I live with a Finnish/American citizen and I can tell you that she does NOT talk about it like that at all. I suppose if one was a homeless person in Finland, you would love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> This is why they have 70% tax rate on gas for your car...someone has to pay for it.

find this to be really surprising. I was watching an investigative show last year about Finland's health care. Everyone in the video was raving about it, saying how they couldn't believe American's didn't have a similar system in place.

You can always find views for or against any topic this is why I dont really bother watching the news anymore.  Its impossible to find out the truth unless you live it.

Canadians pay for health care through taxes so I don't understand why Americans can't pay for their health care through taxes.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Canadians pay for health care through taxes so I don't understand why Americans can't pay for their health care through taxes.

Agreed.  While I do not know every detail of this topic, as a Canadian I believe our healthcare system works and I like that it is paid for through taxes. It allows me to feel safe and secure if something was ever to happen to me or anyone that I know.

Originally Posted by usersassychick0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed.  While I do not know every detail of this topic, as a Canadian I believe our healthcare system works and I like that it is paid for through taxes. It allows me to feel safe and secure if something was ever to happen to me or anyone that I know.

Totally agree - while our system has a few flaws (takes too long to get some services, in some cases) I think our health care system is very effective, the medical staff are well educated and competant, and no one goes without health care - regardless of how much money they do/don't have.

Hmm I did my benefits selection for next year.  Nothing really changed in terms of the offerings from last year.   Health care cost is the same as last year in terms of the monthly  cost and the deductibles are the same as well.   I think it comes down to how aggressive the company wishes to be in holding down costs and not really a result of the health care changes euphemistically referred to as "Obama-care".   

I really fail to see why there is so much uproar over the so called "Obama-care".   Frankly it has been a long time coming that some meaningful health reform be enacted.   Let's face it there were 8 years under Bush where both the executive and legislative branches were Republican and not a single thing was done regarding health care I am sad to say as a registered Republican.  And the changes that were made some people claim do not go far enough but in spite of the political climate I think it was a worthy achievement.    The issue over pre-existing conditions and removal of spending caps, expansion of Medicare to include more people  and health exchanges are all steps in the right direction.  I seriously doubt all those candidates that proposed dismantling "Obama-care"  have a single idea that is worth promoting.   I have checked out some of these anti Obama care web sites and its all fear mongering and complaints that abortion availability is being expanded.

I agree with all the Canadians here (as I wave my little maple leaf flag).  It may be slow on some things but I can still see my doctor within an hour's notice if I really need to or go to emergency. I know that I won't need to pay for anything more than just my monthly medicare which my employer pays 50% for any medical procedure I may require...this goes for anyone in my family.  My taxes pay for it and it covers Canadian that needs medical attention.  Canadian doctors (in private practice and in hospitals) make very good money in case you think otherwise.  No practicing doctor in Canada is underpaid in anyway.  Our medical care is not inferior to any country in the world.  I think that the US medical system is so messed up that it needs to be bulldozed and start from scratch.  It is so corrupt.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by usersassychick0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Totally agree - while our system has a few flaws (takes too long to get some services, in some cases) I think our health care system is very effective, the medical staff are well educated and competant, and no one goes without health care - regardless of how much money they do/don't have.

same here in Austria. We used to spend too much money on our healthcare system in the past decades (sending people with minor health issues on week-long therapy trips to medical spas etc etc), but even with cutting down costs our system is still excellent. We can see doctors without long waiting periods. If one doc has a long waiting list, simply call another you might get an appointment next week. You can also pay more to see doctors that don´t have a contract with an insurance company, but in general they are not better educated or trained than other doctors here.

I believe only 1% of our population is without healthcare.

for the life of me I don't get why there are people that say the US Health Care system is the best in the world!   True many medical innovations are made,  but it is available to a smaller percentage of people in the country than any other advanced country in the world. 

The costs have skyrocketed over the past 20 years as  well.

Voting in America has become a joke.  I believe all the politicians bat for the same team.  On television, in the news, they fight, but behind closed doors i'm sure they have cocktail parties coming up with new ways for population control.

Latest posts

Back