Blemishes and wrinkles!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So hi all-I am fairly new here. But I have problems with break outs still-even here in my 30's. I am also starting to get the famous "fine lines" in my eye are. I find it frustrating I have to deal with acne more than worry about the "lines". I even have it on my back/shoulder area. I am supposed to be a matron of honor in a wedding next summer and Im nervous about my "bacne" (back acne). Ive used proactive which worked great but it is pricey and I dont like the auto ship program because I never got my kits coordinated right. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do? I use a popular line of mineral makeup, and I will admit, Im bad about removing my makeup at night. But Im willing to try any suggestions-please help this newbie out. Thanks
smile.gif

I use to suffer from bacne and I know how embarrassing it can be.

Are you on any type of birth control?  I'm on nuvaring currently and have used bc pills before and both have really helped clean up my bacne.

Do you wash your back after rinsing out your conditioner?  If you aren't then the conditioning properties could be giving you more breakouts.  So make sure you rinse your conditioner first and then use your body wash.  For washes I really like cetaphil or neutrogena has a special acne body wash.

Many salons offer "back" facials for those of us that have to deal with acne on our backs. 

As for your face---

Both Neutrogena and Olay have products that are for both acne and maturing skin.  Since you are starting to get some fine lines it's important that you get into a good skin care routine.  First and foremost, wash your face at night and wash your makeup brushes daily!  Also, use an eye cream. 

I still suffer from bacne, sadly it's the one part of my body i can't control really well. I suggest you apply sunscreen on them (well, not in winter, but the rest of the year), don't wear your bra too tightly on your shoulders and don't wear tight clothes either, they only provoke more breakouts.

On my shoulders i tend to use the same scrub i use on my face, but with a heavier hand. In my back i tend to use a bodyscrub (olive oil+cane sugar). Then you need to apply a moisturizer for acne skin. If you don't have a helpful hand to help you scrub everything, you can get a body brush, they are very useful.

For your eyes, definitely try using an eyecream, and don't forget to wear sunscreen.

You should take off your makeup at night, if you forget one night it's okay, but the dirt, pollution and makeup can clog your pores and make your skin look dull. i suggest oil cleansing, i find it's the best thing to remove mineral makeup. I use a combination of warm water on a cotton pad and sweet almond oil. You can try olive or castor oil as well.

The following is an article from Paula Begoun:

Acne & Wrinkles: How to Tackle Both

Having to battle wrinkles is bad enough, but having to also struggle with acne is just depressing and confusing. Women don’t always outgrow acne, and lots of women who never broke out before can start breaking out in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and older; this is particularly true for women going through menopause.

So how in the world do you treat both? It’s actually easier than you think. The issue is that we think dealing with wrinkles is about heavy moisturizers or layers of creams and lotions, but it isn’t in the least. The textures of those types of products don’t fight wrinkles! What fights wrinkles are specific ingredients such as antioxidants (like green tea or vitamin C), cell-communicating ingredients (like niacinamide or vitamin A), and skin-identical substances (like ceramides or lecithin). The texture of the product (cream or gel) is irrelevant.

Think about it like your diet. Salmon is good for you, but whether you eat it chilled, raw, broiled, stir fried, or poached, you are getting the benefit of the food. “Anti-wrinkle†ingredients can be found in a wide range of consistencies.

For someone struggling with blemishes, the ingredients that give lotions and creams their feel and appearance can clog pores so those types of products should be avoided. Gels, liquids, light serums, or watery lotions are unlikely to cause problems for blemish-prone skin. Every ingredient skin needs to fight wrinkles can be found in those types of products if they are well formulated.

To fight mild to moderate acne, the absolute best option is to start with a product containing 1% to 2% salicylic acid. This not only exfoliates the surface—which is one of the absolute best ways to fight wrinkles—it also has the ability to reduce, and in many instances practically eliminate, breakouts.

If you still need help resolving breakouts you should add a benzoyl peroxide-based product with a 2.5% or 5% concentration once a day, preferably at night. Research has clearly shown that benzoyl peroxide can be as effective, if not better than, prescription options to deal with mild to moderate acne.

Of course you still need a sunscreen because up to 70% of the wrinkles and aging you see on your face is a result of sun damage. Although if you are experiencing breakouts, a moisturizer with SPF in a lotion or cream form is likely to make matters worse by clogging pores. What I strongly suggest is wearing a foundation with SPF 15 or greater and a pressed powder with SPF 15 or greater.

You may also want to use a more emollient moisturizer just around the eyes. The eye area rarely, if ever, has a problem with breakouts and because the skin can be drier there it helps to use that kind of moisturizer only around that area. But of course, it absolutely does not have to be labeled as an eye cream; any well formulated lotion or cream will do.

wow thank you everybody-these are some great tips!!!! What do you suggest I use to clean makeup brushes-I dont want them to be drenched or damp the next day I go to use them. I am definitely going to try these helpful tips- and I love salmon so I am going to stock up on that for sure
smile.gif
Thanks again everyone

oops had to edit because I forgot to answer the BC question-no Im not on it-I pretty much went off it after I got married since I had been on it through most of my 20's-even on BC I still broke out- it definitely is embarrassing
frown.gif

great tips there!!! ty for that article

as for brushes i use a mix of antibaterial dish soap with baby shampoo or wash with water...as fro them drying they should be dry over night...u just squeeze the excess water out or dab on a towel and have them layed out on the towel with the brushes overhanging...and for the kabuki brush mould it to the shape u want and have it dry upside down if u have the stumpy one 

You can get a brush cleanser, it's the quickest trick to wash, sanitize and get dry brushes very quickly.

Or you can wash them overnight, use regular shampoo, rinse them well (don't let them float in the water, you will damage the glue), squeeze the excess water and lay them flat on a towel. With my natural hair bristles and the brushes i use most often (foundation, kabuki, blush brushes), i also do an extra step by applying a tiny bit of conditioner.

If you don't have the time for that, at least wipe any excess makeup with a tissue.

Enkore also has a video on youtube for a homemade brush cleanser.

Isn't in the worst thing that can happen to a girl and the best to a guy.  Sorry, guys.  I have and continue to go with Excel Skin Care's products of Hydra Pure B5 and Hydra Peptide Renewal Complex.  Great products and low reasonable prices.  Especially, go through their Amazon store for the lower price. 

clarins has really good wrinkle creams!  i've gotten samples before and i could see a noticeable difference on my brow and around my eyes.  it's expensive, but it's better than botox.

i've come to terms that i'm going to be wrinkly someday.  it's not a horrible thing, it just shows that you have lived your life!

Latest posts

Back