Highly pigmented shadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Do you know of any eye shadow brands that are high concentrated or pigmented? I love the way it looks in the container, but sometimes I put it on my eyes and it doesn't look like the color. I know MAC is always good at that but do you know of any others?

Thanks!

http://www.thebeautyfulblog.com

It could also be how you're applying it.  I love applying eyeshadows using a damp brush.  I think they are easier to use and the color is stronger.

Urban Decay

NYX single e/s

Makeup Forever (pressed or loose)

Fyrinnae e/s

Dior e/s palettes (i would even say they're almost too pigmented, they make my eyes shine like a disco ball)

I agree it's also about the method used to apply them. an eyeshadow base can help make them stand out more, and pat them on rather than sweeping them. Using a damp brush like another poster said is also a good trick. With loose and mineral eyeshadows i would also recommend a synthetic eyeshadow brush, they work better.

barry m dusts. - amazing

superdrug in the UK do a brand called MUA and everything is only £1 and their eyeshadows are amazing! they need a heavy application but for £1.... also a brand called FAMOUS By Sue Moxley. They only £4 but tbh ive found dupes in the MUA range.

NYX singles

NK HD singles

SallyGirl singles  (Sally Beauty Supply)

Very pigmented and very affordable.
top.gif
top.gif

Drugstore

Milani

the majority of Maybelline shadows

NYX Singles

ELF (especially their mineral shadows)

Wet n Wild

High End

Lorac

Urban Decay

Too Faced

Urban Decay & LORAC are the best (non-MAC) ones I've found. They both go on very smooth. I also haven't had any fallout from my UD shadows, though some shades might have more fallout than others.

With drugstore products, I like Milani. It's not HIGHLY pigmented, but if you load it onto a good brush you'll make it a lot more pigmented...whereas with some drugstore shadows, no matter how much you pile it on it still doesn't show up.

thanks for all the suggestions!

im thinking about buying the coastal scents palette. 

Has anyone used this brand called MISS ROSE?

I really like Yaby's "World of Pearls" eyeshadows.  Very pigmented and look awesome on!

urban decay's deluxe eyeshadow line.

ben nye lumiere luxe shadows (theatrical makeup, but very good quality)

I am more than curious about this brand.

Originally Posted by Sprite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like Yaby's "World of Pearls" eyeshadows.  Very pigmented and look awesome on!

Back