Wedding Colour Schemes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are so so many colour scheme combinations for weddings out there, what was your colour theme, or what colours do you plan on using for your special day? Any special or unique meanings behind the colours? Please share....

For our wedding, my husband and I choose purple, navy and white as our main colours.

The colours could easily be seen in the flowers (silk) and table settings/decorations.

For my next wedding, probably something subtle with a silverish tone.

We are thinking of tying the knot at a beach, so I want the water to be the main colour.

I like blue and purple together, it looks very pretty.

My cousin got married in hawaii on the beach a few years back, they had white and beige as there colours so the water really was the main color. It was very pretty.

We had a winter wedding... so we used navy, silver and white. It was perfect!!!

I like white or off white for the bride, no black.   For the bridesmaids however, I want them to look pretty too and i'm a fan of picking the dress cut and color that best suites each individual with the same hue..like all pastel, but different colors.  

I knew a girl that married a friend of mine from grade school.  She wore an all white dress with a thick black sash in the middle.  It felt very strange and off..like it cut her in half.  I'm not superstitious really, but my friend, her husband died on their honeymoon of a heart attack.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with it, but the feeling i got when i saw her pictures up the day of her wedding made me wonder why she chose that combo.

Black on a dress is untraditional. I would not like it, for myself.

My parents wedding only had small black ribbons and netting mixed with the flowers and centerpieces. No black on the bridesmaids or wedding gown!

My father was dressed in white along with my mom. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They had a winter wedding in January, with lots of snow.

My husband and i got married in the summer on the beach and we had bright orange, hot pink and a little bit of bright baby blue mixed in. I wore all white, with a blue garter and i let my husband pick what he wanted to wear, and he wore a tan suit, black shirt, and blue tie (he wanted to have something blue too, liked the whole tradition of the bride wearing something blue and wanted to join in) My flowers was mixed orange and pink and wrapped in hot pink and orange, the cake was orange, pink and white.

Originally Posted by LivingTheDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have one photo as my avie pic, i'll post some here soon!

I can see you changed it, very pretty!

I have absolutely no idea what I would use as my color scheme...but something that is not the norm....no pastels for me.  I dont want a traditional wedding so I'm not even sure I would be in the whole long white gown kinda tthing....

I think red rose is the best for wedding because red is the love symbol and wedding is the part of love.

Red roses are beautiful, especially if you have red decor in your wedding.

I think I want a mix of colours.

I wanted lots of colour for my wedding! I had a traditional wedding so there was lots of red and green!

Latest posts

Back