Urban Decay Book of Shadows III - Thoughts and some General Info

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I finally bought the Urban Decay BoS III i've been lemming for a while, and I must say, I'm VERY impressed (as expected).

The money shade that i've been drooling over is just GORGEOUS!

For my first look with this palette I wore Psychedelic Sister on my lid, Uzi as a highlight for my brow and inner corners and Money in the crease and it was perfection!

I was going to buy this next week, but after realizing that the display for BoS III was gone (the Vegan palette and that Cowboy Eyeshadow Collection palette now in its place), I was told that UD wouldn't be shipping the LE Shadow Book to their Ulta anymore, in fact, they're getting ready to retire it so many of the other Ultas just didn't have any of the palettes left at all.

There were 4 palettes left at my Ulta, so I went ahead and bought mine and i'm so happy I did!

The NYC pop-up display is really cute in person.

My one gripe is that though Uzi is a long-lasting great shade, it's very glittery.

Other than that, perfection <3.

If this was on your list to buy, you may want to go ahead and buy before all stores run out of the palette permanently.

I agree. I went back and forth on this thinking it really only had two shadows worth getting. When it arrived it exceeded my expectations.  The colors in it are gorgeous and very wearable. I don't regret buying it one bit. I am surprised it didn't sell out fast. It is better than BOS II in my opinion.

Did UD actually learn and release more of these, or are people just not as interested in this one? I expected it to be sold out by now.

So maybe I need to buy THIS with my VIB coupon then?  I looked at it in the store over the weekend, and LOVED three of the colors...but they were out of stock. 

I love my BOS III.  I'm still fairly new to wearing eyeshadow, so this was a great way to try many different colors for a great price.  Loaded is my favorite with Haight coming in a close second.  I would recommend to anyone.

These are already sold out at Sephora in my country, although they are still mentioned on the Christmas catalogue i received. Weird. Whatever, i have my eyes set on Makeup Forever's Christmas sets.

Anyway, i'm sure this is a great deal, i didn't buy this palette because i didn't liek the packaging and the color selection inside.

About Uzi, try using it wet, it's pretty much the only thing you can do with the glittery eyeshadows.

I have the BOS III and I am very satisfied with it, the quality of the eyeshadow is great and you can get both neutral looks or more colorful ones with it. I do not like Uzi and I did not actually manage to use it at all partly because of the glitters and the fall out but also because it is just white on my skin. I was very excited about the greens in the palette but I have to admitt that the darkest one (second in the top row, sorry do nor remember its name!) does not have a good color payout and end up looking very "ashy" on me. It is a pity because I really wanted to experiment with it but I guess I will get MAC humid instead. All in all I think it is a great buy specially if you do not own any BOS.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did UD actually learn and release more of these, or are people just not as interested in this one? I expected it to be sold out by now.
I think it just isn't as popular, or people are so focused on getting their hands on the Naked palette that they have forgotten about it. It didn't even sell out during the Sephora F&F sale. I should have waited. *sigh*

I am in love with BOS III, I got on ebay for a high high price since I can't get it anywhere else, cause I am living in Germany>< BUT definitely worthy to get, the colors are amazing! Great for smokey eyes but also for daily makeup.. And I really like the fact that the colors aren't so 'bright' but more subtle, that makes them much more wearable^^

So I got a $20 gift card from Sephora, good off a $40 purchase....should I use it to buy this?  I keep waffling from NEEDING it desperately, to not wanting it. 

I really like the colors, but I am having the same problems with Uzi and some of the others, with them being too glittery and having glitter fall out. Any suggestions? I'll try Uzi wet to see if we can combat the glitter fall out. 

Let's see...right now I don't have much else on my list--maybe a perfume or two, but nothing that I'm dying for.  So I probably will just order that when the time comes. 

I wouldn't use Uzi wet. I don't think these shadows are meant to be used wet. Are you using a sticky base, and tapping off the excess before applying?

i wanted to get this and almost did. but i just have sooooooo many e/s that are very much alike all of the e/s in this palette. for some reason, i am NOT a nude person. i dont own any nude shadows so i might purchase the UD naked palette instead. 

edit; never mind. either i am going to get this palette or else i am going to get the UDPP for $29 alongside something else. i only have $60 to spend on makeup [limiting myself now a days. lol]. 

Back