ELF 100 piece pallete, worth buying?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was going to get the 88 palette, but elf's is 100 shades and cheaper, 

Which one do you reckon I should get?

Coastal Scents is your best bet, if that is what you're referring to, Elf's shadows leave much to be desired.

I have Elf palletes are well.  I think they are wonderful quality, high pigmented, and I have no complaints.

I'm assuming the quality would be pretty similar. Pick the one that has the most colors you'd use.

I have the 88 palettes in original and shimmer. They both leave a lot to be desired and the pigmentation isn't that great. I don't know if I got a bad palette or what since everyone always talks about how wonderfully pigmented they are. I then decided to get the 100 ELF palette and I found it to be better than the 88 palette. The only downsides are sometimes the colors aren't true to the pan form but I also have that with the 88 palette. Also, when I first opened the ELF palette I noticed it had a scent I usually associate with wet paint but I haven't noticed it again after the first time opening it.

Never tried it.

I only got, so far, the 88 palette from Coastal Scents but I don't like it much. The colours LOOK very pigmented and bright in the palette, but it hardly shows up once it's on my eye unless I dampen the brush.

I got the limited edition 32 eyeshadow palette for $5 at Target. I would have gotten the 100 for $10, but my Target was sold out. I'd say the eyeshadows are about medium in pigmentation, but they are buildable. I put on my makeup about 9:30-10 yesterday morning and when I looked in the mirror at 8 that night my eyeshadow looked like I had just applied it. (I needed powder for my oily skin and had no lipstick or gloss left, but my eyes looked great!) So they definitely wear well. I would assume the 100 is equal in quality to the 32.

Thanks everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Think I'm going to order it, much easier for me to get than the coastal scents one 
smile.gif

I just recently bought the 32 palette. The staying power is pretty great but mann are there lots of fallouts, or is it just me? Especially the shadows with sparkles in them, even if I can manage to get the colour off with a fan brush, the sparkles are impossible to get off and I need to put on more foundation. Any tips for this? Or should I just hold a napkin underneath my eyes? Thanks!

i am getting the 100 elf palette in the mail in the next day or so. i'm excited to try it! and for $10, if its crap ... oh well. there are still some shades in it that i would want so i am looking around at other 88 or even 120 palettes.

purple haze, I haven't had problems with fallout but haven't used every shade yet. I do think your suggestion about using a napkin or piece of paper under your eyes while applying the ones you know you will get fallout from is a very good idea. I've also heard some people will wait to apply their concealer and foundation after glittery eyeshadows since they know they will get that fallout. The last suggestion I've heard of is using some loose powder on your cheeks/under eye area and brushing it all away after applying your eyeshadow, but it sounds like you tried this one already?

I got the last 100 eyeshadow palette at Target yesterday! I'm so excited but also embarrassed, I've been buying so much makeup and nail polish for myself lately instead of doing my Christmas shopping for my family members. I think I'll save this for under the tree and have the kids wrap it and give it to me.

I have really dark under eye circles so I tend to pack quite a lot of concealer under my eyes, and I've tried using using a layer of translucent powder and brushing it away after eye shadow but that just helps to make my under eyes more cakey, maybe I'll try it again since I switched to a new foundation and concealer. Thanks =)

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

purple haze, I haven't had problems with fallout but haven't used every shade yet. I do think your suggestion about using a napkin or piece of paper under your eyes while applying the ones you know you will get fallout from is a very good idea. I've also heard some people will wait to apply their concealer and foundation after glittery eyeshadows since they know they will get that fallout. The last suggestion I've heard of is using some loose powder on your cheeks/under eye area and brushing it all away after applying your eyeshadow, but it sounds like you tried this one already?

i got my elf 100 palette in the mail yesterday. i immediatly took it out and swatched like crazy! actually, the colors were very very pigmented! the ones with glitter were very glittery. and the shimmer ones were soo smooth! the matte ones were very pigmented as well. i almost dont want to touch it again. lol. i actually want to get several more and give it out as gifts for christmas.

I got an Elf shadow book palette since Ive never had elf for like 5 bucks, and to my surprise for the price they actually are pretty good! Especially if you dont have the funds to buy more expensive makeup, its a good starter brand? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I tried it b/c i was at target and the prices are nuts! and the colors and size are too good to be true, but there nice:)

Back