Wedding Traditions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know that cultures from all over the world have many different kinds of tradtions they take part in on the wedding day or in the days leading up to it.

Traditons range anywhere from breaking a glass at the alter, handfasting/handknotting, or things like decorating the car the couple ride in, throwing rice, sharing the first piece of wedding cake, or following the old...something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

What traditions were performed at your wedding ceremony? Or what will be?

This is going to sound goofy but my spouse and I had to hand out small boxes of chocolate to each and every guest. My mother in law demanded this as it was a tradition in her family.

Otherwise, pretty typical wedding - we got married by a JP though.

We have all of those you mentioned K. Throwing the rice is a great pleasure for the guests (of course, not for the bride and groom !).

My friends had the original and funny idea to use bubbly bottles instead of rice.

Decorating the cars always seems ridiculous to me, but i must admit it's great if very few of the guests know their way around the area. Follow the ribbons ! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The something old ... is something i don't believe much in.

Here we have the traditions of small bags of sugar coated almonds, i'm not sure why but it's also traditional to hand them to the guests of a christening, so i've always assumed it was linked to catholicism.

i did the something old, and new thing

my husband and i cut the cake together and fed each other the first piece of cake

we got lots of traditions.since we have more than one party/cermony. but the most important one for us is the day where the bride dances, or she may not, depends on her. but we wear the traditional red and lots of gold. the cermony includes alot of stuff, like spritzing perfume all around, to throwing chocoalates, the best part is the milk, the bride and groom take a sip, and have to spray each other with it. messy but fun. we do have that white wedding day, where we have the first dance, cut the cake and feed each other. am from Sudan by the way :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Doya G /img/forum/go_quote.gif

we got lots of traditions.since we have more than one party/cermony. but the most important one for us is the day where the bride dances, or she may not, depends on her. but we wear the traditional red and lots of gold. the cermony includes alot of stuff, like spritzing perfume all around, to throwing chocoalates, the best part is the milk, the bride and groom take a sip, and have to spray each other with it. messy but fun. we do have that white wedding day, where we have the first dance, cut the cake and feed each other. am from Sudan by the way :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Doya that sounds like so much fun! A lot more extravagant then our weddings.

You will have to share some pics with us after!

Latest posts

Back