Embarrassing question...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I haven't had too much to worry about when it comes to this, because I've never been on a date or gotten really close to a guy before (and yes I am 25 - gawd!!) but I want to know what to do should this be in the near future...

Currently I wear a wig for medical reasons, I don't have cancer or anything like that, but I do have psoriasis and some hair fell out but it's growing back in (though ridiculously slow). How would I tell a guy this? When would I say something? And what if he wants to see my scalp, but I'm not really comfortable showing it?

Even if you have the same deal, or any other type of hair loss or you just wear a wig for fun or extensions and have been in that situation I would love to hear your response and thoughts.

As with any medical condition, Id wait to tell him until you are comfortable. You dont want to throw things out there too soon. And I know it sounds cheesy but when you do feel comfortable enough, Id tell him just the way you said it here. Its very "to the point" without too many details. Id probably wait until you guys are "official", so after however many dates you go on until you guys dont see other people. Idk I hope I am saying the terms correctly, I wasnt much of a dater myself and Ive been married almost 5 yrs and with my hubby for a total of 7+ lol. And if you're not comfortable shwowing him your scalp, then just politely tell him you're not ready yet. If he cant understand that, then too bad so sad for him. Hope this helps
top.gif

Usually, when you are comfortable with sharing personal information.  Many relationships begin as friends.  Hopefully, when you both are friends, you will share this information.  It's not a big deal like, 'you think I'm a girl...but I'm really a guy' kind of deal.  Its an ..oh I'm wearing a wig kind of info. 

When he is sharing personal information, that's usually a good time to share that one.  If you don't make a bid deal of that issue, he won't think its a big deal either and just accept that as a fact about you.  Its always when you are showing insecurities regarding that matter that other people are led to believe it is a larger issue than it really is.

If he wants to see your real hair and you are not comfortable, just say that you are not comfortable yet.  I will one day, just not yet.

You don't need to tell, especially if your hair is growing back. When it's a good length you'll suddenly have a chic new short do! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

if you find the right guy you will have no problem with this.  He will understand the problem and accept you for who you are.

Choco.

I do not think this was an embarrising question. 

When there is something with us (a medical condition/something comited a crime to us in our past) that may are a source of worry or work as a closed border between us and other people, then there is a huge step to open up and talk to people (and guys) about things. I have only one more thing to add: If a guy shows any disgust about your conditions so keep the distance. 

Hugs.

Once you are with the one you should be, nothing at all will matter and this will be a non-issue.  It is superficial and all that is superfical fades.

That being said, the first one more then likely will not be "The One". 

So go about this at your own pace, don't feel as though you need to tell him anything. It is up to you to decide how and when and if you tell him. Wait until you are comfortable, and then a little bit longer.....just to be sure. Ya never know how things will work out.....you may never have to mention it all. Or as said above, one day you have a cute new do!

Thank you Katana, yeah I know about superficiality. Have you seen this one episode of the Millionaire Matchmaker where she was talking to some guy who wanted his match to be hot? And she told him that "looks fade, dumb is forever." I know that has nothing to do with a wig, but I know some people judge based on that, and I guess that's why I'm just insecure about it. Thank you for your thoughts!

Latest posts

Back