I want help finding a suitable mineral foundation :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At this point i'm really sick of looking for my HG foundation. After getting the right colour, the colour of EDM changes on my face as the day goes on. Intensive has too much coverage, but i don't like semi matte's sparkle things.

I want something i can get a colour match for here in the UK. I'm tired of buying countless samples online trying (but failing) to match a colour to my skin. I have an oily T-zone, so something "sheen" is really not what i want. On the other hand, i don't want something completely matte either. I'm looking for a mineral foundation with a light to medium coverage; i hate feeling caked in foundation.

Could someone please suggest something?

Has anyone tried "Estée Lauder Nutritious Vita-Mineral Loose Powder Foundaion"? I ask only because i've just come across it and i know i'd be able to go try it out.

Did you ever go and try getting color matched at Laura Mercier or Lily Lolo like you said you were going to in a previous thread?  Did neither of those work out for you?  If you haven't tried Laura Mercier yet, I still highly recommend it. 

Wow you remembered, i feel kind of flatterd haha :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> well no i never got 'round to it, the Lily Lolo place is about 1 and a half hours drive. I was going to go try Laura Mercier this weekend though, FINALLY, but i've been reading reviews and it's a really "sheen, glowly" foundation apparently, like Bare Minerals. Which makes me feel EW :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i don't want that shiz.

I have used them all, with my favorite being the pretty expensive "Stript", which is from a vegan company...oh, the finish and the colors, so pretty....

Anyway, I refuse to spend over $35 for foundation, and don't even want to spend $25...so I have been searching and searching, and I found two that I think are pretty decent.  The best one is, and I found this hard to believe because I don't really like the brand, Revlon's Colorstay Mineral Foundation.  The other one is Prestige's from their mineral line.

I also plan on trying Palladio next, though I am pretty much in love with Colorstay.

Latest posts

Back