Lip Primers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really love the TimeWise® MK Lip Primer. It's amazing! It seriously makes my lipstick last all day.

Anyone else use it or have tried it, and do you have any suggestions of other brands that I could try that I can get easier at a store and doesn't break the bank?

As much as I really love MK products, I'm trying to cut my spending on make-up and cleansers to half of what I normally spend (which is a lot).

I've switched from lipsticks to All day lip colours like Loreal Infallables or Revlon Colorstay.  They last way longer than lipsticks without any primer.  They cost about the same as well.  I had bought Lise Watier lip primer, it probably costs more than MK and I found it to be another step in my hectic morning routine that I eventually did without.

One of the reasons I love the MK lip primer is that it actually helps reverse the signs of aging too... It's part of their TimeWise collection...

I used to use Revlon colorstay, but I fell in love with MK products for the quality, how long it lasts, how it feels, and most of all, how the lipstick smells and tastes. I'm very picky with what I use based on texture, taste, and smell, I like things to match, and I'm a brand loyal type person... The thing that's the worst for me is the fact that I have to have the same brand mostly because I want everything to match (I hate when product companies change their look drastically)...

I'm looking for a temporary substitution until I have enough money to order it from MK. It's $22 from MK, I'm looking for something in the less than $10 range that I can get from a store.

The best way to get Mary Kay products is to find a Mary Kay Consultant in your area. Go to www.marykay.com and then put in your zip code and it will find a consultant close to you. The greatest thing about Mary Kay is that the consultant will bring your stuff to you personally and they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, if you ever don't like something, they will exchange it for something else, even if it's used, or you can get a full refund.

I really love all their products, I just wish I had the money to order it more often.

As far as I know, commercial drugstore brands such as Maybelline, L'oreal, Revlon, etc. do not make a lip primer that I know of. Elf makes one for $3 which is decent, but is not available at drugstores, but at eyeslipsface.com.

Back