How Safe Do You Feel In Your Neighbourhood?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just that...  How safe do you feel in the neighbourhood which you live?  Would you walk home alone in the dark?  Do you have an alarm system that  you turn on not just before you leave the house but before you go to bed?  Do you lock your doors the moment you enter it? 

I admit i may feel a little too safe. i don't always lock my doors in the day. and i jog in the dark at morning or at night. 

I feel mostly safe even though I live in nyc.  I try not to stay out late alone and I always walk kinda fast going home and I definitely always lock my doors.

My house is perfectly safe, and the area i live in is relatively peaceful.

I lock the door only at night, during the day i don't feel the need.

However, living in a big town in an area that is overall wealthy, and close to Paris, i avoid going home alone too late at night, and i'm really careful about the things i carry with me. I also avoid taking certain lines of public transport. I also avoid the train stations in general, and certain underground stations with a high tourist rate. It's common sense to me, when i go out with friends we stay somewhere until the first trains in the morning, rather than separate our ways in the middle of the night.

I also have a map in my bag, so that i always have a backup solution should i feel unconfident.

I moved back in with my parents until I graduate, and we live in an actual village (population 800 I think?). We could leave our cars in the driveaway for days, unlocked, and probably nothing would happen. During the day, my mom leaves the car unlocked outside but at night it´s in the garage. There were some houses broken into like 10 years ago, but that´s about it. No crime here!

I feel perfectly safe in my neighbourhood, in the day light.

At night, I will go out alone.

But I tend to walk at a good clip and along the edge of the road, rather than the sidewalk.

If I'm with someone, then I relax and don't get paranoid.

However, I do lock the door when I get home as I live in an apartment.

I live in a small city, even though the technically 'bad' part of town is only a few blocks away from me, I've lived near it my whole life, pretty much.

I forget to lock my doors sometimes, but it never really worries me.

At night, the only time I feel nervous walking alone is around city center, which has the worst reputation, and for good reason. Even so, I'm never really scared, I just avoid walking near it to be sure.

I live in a safe neighbourhood. There is the odd break in or stealing of a car but no stabbings, shootings. I know crime can happen anywhere but so far so good where I live.

I always keep my doors locked when I'm at home.

I have walked at night to the small mall nearby in my neighbourhood. I only carry the money  I need to buy milk etc, my cell phone and keys. I walk like I own the sidewalk and I keep alert.

There are areas of the city I would not walk at night, too much crime.

I feel quite safe in my neighbourhood. Nice friendly area and most peope in the area look out for one another. I do have the front door locked if I am home alone, just in case, but if I really wanted to, it would be fine to leave the doors unlocked. Walking home at night I won't do, not for safely reasons, but because of the lack of street lights around - too dark lol If there were more street lights I would have no qualms walking at night. I am lucky to live in a safe area, though you must aways be cautious, just in case.

I live in a little village where not a lot happens so do feel relatively safe. That said I do always lock the doors, walk in well lit areas at night etc, having lived in London previously I think these things tend to stick with you!

I  moved house about 3 months ago, and at my old house my lawn mower and a heap of other stuff got stolen from outside my house. At my new house someone keeps stealing my ashtray of my front porch. There is a vacant bunch of lots at the back of my house and it is all over grown. I see people trying to light fires in it. And lately there have been people making little pipe bombs and filling them with screws and nails and throwing them over peoples fences. So I guess in short the answer is no. Lol. All my windows and doors have dead locks on them as well as them slidey chain things, and I would definitely NOT walk alone after dark.

Ummm...my area is generally safe, however you can never be too careful.  I don't walk alone at night unless its around the corner by the neighbourhood shop.  Our doors are opened all day and closed up around ten at night.  That's about it.

I live in a relatively safe neighbourhood.  I have a forest behind me and we are on a cul-de-sac.  I know my neighbours and although we don't all get along, we all have the same agenda to keep the neighbourhood as safe as it can be.  Having said that, this is still a large city and crime is still a large problem here.   Because of the forest/parkland behind our backyard, we've had a couple of people wonder up and through my neighbour's yard to get to the street.  The occasions we've experienced, the men were greeted by my husband asking them what they were doing there and watching them closely as they walked out to the street. There was 2 grow-ops on this street.  One of them was in a 4600 sqft Tudor.  The plants were kept in the 1600 sqft basement.  (1600sqft was the footage of our first house).  Apparently, there was an attempted home invasion to get these plants but the men with guns had missed the harvest by a day.  I heard the story from my neighbour.  That Tudor is located at the bottom of my street and not visible from my house.  Our front door is usually locked, the other doors to the backyard are generally open or unlocked during the day if we are home and locked up at night.  The monitored alarm is on when we leave. 

Yes, because I live on a military base. LOL, it can't be any safer. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving here at the end of the month to Michigan. My neighborhood there is pretty safe, but the areas I frequent are quite hood, but I just mind my own business!

Very safe.....  Were pretty far from any urban issues (Pittsburgh really doesn't have a lot compared to most large cities)....   A check of the local police blotter brings up motor vehicle problems mainly with a lot of home alarm false alarms...  very few burglarys and the last homicide was over a decade ago....

I feel very safe in my neighborhood.  No alarm system for the house.  I live in a suburb so no one walks home; but I'd feel safe doing so at night.  I usually don't lock the door until I go to bed.  

West Michigan is awesome.  In my suburb there's enough money that residents don't steal, but not so much that people come from elsewhere to steal stuff.  Even then there's a pretty sizeable amount of people with $100k+ cars, boats, rvs, etc; some even parked outside(my favorite being a Range Rover Supercharged, 3 doors down that lives outside).

Back