How many of you have started shopping for Christmas ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did ! It's probably the only pledge i've managed to follow. I used to be a late buyer, but i didn't like the rush of wrapping the gifts while putting on mascara and making sure nothing was burning in the oven.

I have already all my shopping ideas, which is probably the hardest part, knowing what to buy to whom. Lucky for me my mother also shared some of her ideas with me, so that we don't buy the same gifts.

It may sound like a spoiler, but my brother and i created a wishlist on amazon, all you have to do is select the gift you want, you're sure it will please the person.

I also like to buy a small "surprise" item, like a travel sized skincare item the person likes, or a funny item.

I'm done with about half of my gifts, if one of them ever gets delivered >.<, the rest is videogames and books with enough stock i don't have to rush to get them.

I was really surprised as i saw the Book of Shadows from Urban Decay at Sephora (and i still don't like it), but i bet it won't last long.

I've done most of my shopping online this year. So, I'm almost done! YAY! Amazon wish list is an awesome idea! Going to share that idea with my family for maybe next year.

Started and finished all my Christmas shopping about three weeks ago. I can't tolerate the rush and the crowds in November & December, I get panic attacks.

That Amazon wishlist is a great idea for anyone teen or older. Once my kids hit their teen years it was hard for me to remember what they already had, game-wise that is, unless it was something coming out for Christmas. So many times I got them games they already had, and then had to return after Christmas and I HATE THOSE LINES! Also I hate buying for my parents and step mom, they already have everything they really need and want even, so it would be cool with me if they did an Amazon list to give us kids an idea or two.

I started only yesterday, and it was on accident. I was in Marshalls and I saw these cute ornaments of Raggedy Ann, two of my sisters are obsessed with her. So I got those for them, then I saw Elvis ornaments, and got that for my mom. For my baby sister I got her an adorable Hello Kitty ornament. As far as I know she doesn't particularly like Hello Kitty, but she does like girly and cute, and c'mon, Hello Kitty is girly and cute! lol I was actually hoping to find some cheap NARS or other high end makeup that has been showing up at Marshalls and TJ Maxx lately, but no luck on that.

I've actually purchased things throughout the year with the intention to give them at Christmas, so it's put a dent on my list. I do have to get stuff for my main folks though, mom, dad, 2 bros, and bf.

I'm almost done. I have a two gifts left which I plan on picking up this week. The malls are crazy especially on the weekends. I try to shop during the week.

Almost finished! Waiting for next payday and will finish the lot by the first week of December I hope. Going into town to get presents in December is ridiculously busy so tend to purchase a fair bit online to save my sanity more than anything
biggrin.gif

I'm halfway done! This is definitely the earliest I have ever been done! I just finished my SS shopping yesterday too....

You guys probably already saw this, but Sephora has that "sampler" perfume kit where you get all these samples, and then return a card to the store to get a full size perfume.

That way you don't have to guess which perfume/cologne someone would want.

They have it for both men and women. I got one for my boyfriend.

I am officially done. I do 98% of my shopping online, then just wait for the boxes to arrive. I even have everything wrapped. Now just need the tree up - LOL. Talk about reducing the stress in my life.  Now I can really enjoy the holidays.

Just my Dad's gift to get.  Thank goodness.  And that's gonna be from online.  Only thing after that is maybe a few cards if I feel like it.

What yall think of cards anyway?  A waste of time?  I'm beginning to think so.

I have and Im done. Im only buying for my daughter cuz its her first christmas and I want it to be special. Im only working one day a week for 5 hours cuz I cant find a reliable babysitter so my check are only 30 bucks so I have very little to work with. It sucks but I was able to ger her 5 presents which I think is good with the little amount of money Im working with.

I'm not doing any shopping until the day after Christmas, since I'll be in Vancouver then.

Quite honestly, where I live, shopping doesn't exist. I can find a larger variety, and better prices, if I wait.

I haven't even thought about it yet and I'm pretty sure my wife hasn't bought her gift yet...  or at least she hasn't given it to me to wrap!  lol

I am so behind on everything... Need to get my act together! It's hard to get something for people who have everything, though.

Latest posts

Back