Sign in to follow this  
katana

A Royal Wedding

The ultimate dream wedding, to become a real life Princess.....

As I'm sure you are all aware, Prince William has recently become engaged to Kate Middleton.

prince%20william%20and%20kate%20middleton.jpg

This will be the official "Royal Wedding Thread"

where you can get updates about the royal engagement and wedding ceremony in the coming months.

As of right now the wedding will be taking place at The Westminster Abbey in London.

This is the location of previous royal weddings, and where monarchs have been crowned for centuries.

This is also the venue in which the late Lady "Princess" Diana's funeral was held in 1997.

westminster-abbey.jpg

This is the inside of the Westminster Abbey where the Royal Wedding will be held.

The official wedding date given is April 29, 2011

The wedding is expected to top 10 million pounds. 

Officials are expecting the Royal Wedding to draw as many as three billion viewers.

The ring in which Prince William proposed to Kate Middleton with is the engagment ring of his late mothers.

It is a beautiful gold, diamond and sapphire stone ring. Similar to this one here:

85_Dianas_engagement_ring_11.jpg

Kate-Middleton-and-Prince-William-Engagement-Portrait.gif

Prince William & Kate Middleton engagement photo.

Prince William & Kate Middleton officially announce engagementPrince William Engagement Wallpaper.jpg

11.jpg

22.jpg

What do you think of the future Princess Kate Middleton?

What do you think about her style? Her makeup?

I think she is a very pretty girl and I'm glad she sticks to a natural toned makeup style. :) It suits her well!

Butter london has just released a new nail polish color, called "No more waity katie"in honor of Kate Middletons engagement.

It is a gray shade, with sparkle.

What do you think about it?

butter london waity katie.jpg

I think Katie is a natural beauty!

I hope she knows what she is getting into - I recall stories of Diane and Fergie having to sneak out of the palace by way of car trunks...

I quite like that nail polish colour!

I say, good luck to her. I wouldn't have had the patience to deal with his crazy family or the pressure :)

at least she doesn't have to worry about being beheaded at some time!   (been watching too much Tudors)

Did you know that it was only us "commoners" who kiss at the altar after saying "I Do". Well it is, this is something that has never taken place at a royal wedding before. Instead the bride and groom share a balcony kiss for the public and for photos later on, after the ceremony. I read that this is something Kate Middleton is not very happy with and instead wants to be the one to break this tradition. What do you think about all this? I for one would definitely want to be able to kiss my new husband at altar, after I DO.

I've never really thought about the kiss. Either way, it's kissing in front of a huuuuuge group of people, which has to be kind of awkward.

I guess I'd like some kind of physical touch at the end of the ceremony, to mark our promise to each other.

I'd hate not to be able to kiss my husband, at the end of the ceremony.

When I was married years ago, I can remember kissing my husband just before the proceedings, because I was so nervous.

The kiss sort of seals the deal in a way, doesn't it? I'm curious to see if they will kiss at the altar or not.

There is a new website that has come online, about the royal wedding! If you are interested on having a look at it, you can find it by clicking here.

I just read that Kate was thinking of getting plastic surgery before her wedding. Somewhere along the lines of $150 000. 

I dont know how much I believe it, as it was out of a gossip rag, but I do hope this isnt true. She is so lovely as is.

Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper, invited the duo to visit Canada after their engagement and they have now announced that their first over sea visit will be to Canada!

It will be Kates first visit and Williams second. Prince Harry was previously here, some may have read about his incident with kissing a canadian stripper....lol

Prince William and Kate Middleton have chosen their cake designer. The designer will be England based cake designer Fiona Cairns according to the US Magazine

Love the polish thanks for posting that now I have another one I have to buy!! As for Kate I don't know anything about her to comment. I do luv that ring its my mothers birth stone and I bet she will set a new trend here!! :)

I would love to a fly on the wall at that wedding reception.  I think I'll be glued to the TV that day.  I still remember Princess Diana's wedding. *tear*

I feel sorry for her in a way. She's compared to Diana (who was already of royal blood while Kate is not). She has Diana's ring. She'll be riding in the same carriage that Diana and Charles rode after they were married. Supposedly she'll be wearing the same tiara Diana wore (supposedly). She's riding to the church in the car that Charles and Camilla were in when they were attacked a few months ago. Kate and William will be married in the same church as Diana and Charles. Talk about being haunted!

I don't think the marriage will last, Kate is not of royal blood and the stress that Diana felt Kate will feel only far worse since she hasn't been raised with royal protocol at all. When Elizabeth dies and Charles is made king then William will be next in the line to the throne and it'll be at that point where Kate and William's lives will change. That's when Kate won't be able to handle the royal protcol to become a queen. I don't think she'll EVER become queen just like Diana.

Diana wasnt royalty.  She was aristocracy, which is different I guess.  She became Princess Diana after marriage.