Celebrity Perfumes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A Post from the MakeUpTalk Blog.

Celebrity Perfumes & Hollywood Fragrances of 2010 What do you think of Celebrity Perfumes and Fragrances? Are you a fan who doesn’t shy away from them?
Or are you the type who stays clear of all perfumes that celebrities have had a hand in?

(I don’t think I would be able to go around telling everyone that I was smelling like Paris Hilton!) LoL

It seems to be you either love’em or hate’em, and today almost every celebrity out there has a perfume on the market.

Here is a list some of the biggest celebrity names to release perfumes this past year.
  • taylor-swift-225x300.jpg
    Taylor Swift
    has recently teamed up with Elizabeth Arden, to develop her own unique perfume fragrance.

• beyonce-purfume-fragrance-makeup-203x300.jpg
    Beyonce
    has released her fragrance called Heat. Top notes of magnolia, neroli and red vanilla orchid and peach. The heart – almond macaroon, sweet honeysuckle nectar and crème de musk . Base notes of sequoia milkwood, tonka bean and amber.

• Faith Hill has released her second perfume by Coty called Faith Hill True. Unlike her first perfume, True has a “clean and fresh†profile of yuzu, lily and gardenia.
“I wanted to create fragrances that were classic and timeless, scents you could wear everyday, whether you’re at home in your sweats or dressed up for a night out.†– Quoted in People Magazine.

• Justin Bieber is has announced the release of an unnamed fragrence for girls, to be released next summer.  He says it is something that will make the girls crazy.
  • Rihanna recently launched her first perfume named Reb’l Fleur.  It will be available for purchase early 2011.
  • Katy Perry just released her first perfume for purchase this past November. It comes in a cat shaped purple bottle, under the name of Purr.
  • Kate Walsh has announced the release of her new boyfriend inspired perfume for women.  Simply called Boyfriend. It features floral notes and warm, woody, and amber musk base notes.
  • Jordin Sparks has launched a very affordable perfume she named Because of you. It features top notes of clementine, orange blossom and white imperial currant, mid notes of nectarine, orchid and coral charm peony and a base of sheer musk, vanilla bean, Baltic amber and blonde woods.
  • Christina Aguilera has a new perfume out called Royal Desire. Her perfume has a blend of Wisteria, Blackcurrant and Passion Fruit.  The heart (middle notes) are made from Wild Jasmine, Broom, Osmanthus and Rose.  The base notes consist of Vanilla, Amber, Cashmere Wood, Indian Sandalwood and Patchouli.
  • Britney Spears has just released her 9th perfume with Elizabeth Arden. Her latest fragrence Radience contains wild berries and soft dewy petals as its top notes, and tuberose, jasmine, orange flower and iris. This girl seems to have a magic touch when it comes to perfumes, as her perfumes have been one of the highest-grossing celebrity fragrances for Elizabeth Arden.
  • Jessica Simpson has launched her perfume she calls Fancy Nights. This is her third Perfume. Inspired by Love her perfume has a spicy scent and includes warm notes of bergamot and Egyptian papyrus, blended with Indonesian patchouli, Bulgarian red rose and night-blooming jasmine.
  • Mary J Blige broke HSN records this past summer with the release of her perfume My Life.
  • Kim Kardashian announced this summer the February 2011 release date of her second fragrance.  Named after herself, simply calling it Kim Kardashian.
  • Mariah Carey announced the coming of her 4th perfume with Elizabeth Arden she named Lollipop Bling
  • Jennifer Lopez released another perfume in October. This is her 16th fragrence on the market!  She calls this one Love & Glamour. With notes of Italian mandarin, guava, nectarine pulp and coconut orchid.
  • Fergie launched her own fragrence Outspoken in September with Avon.  The scent mixes notes of starfruit, tuberose, jasmine, and passion flower with black leather and smoky vetiver.
  • Kimora Lee Simmons released another fragrence she calls Dare Me.
  • Avril Lavigne began selling her second perfume, this one called Forbidden Rose. She says it smells of red apple, wine, peach, black pepper, lotusflower, heliotrope, shellflower, praline agreement, sandalwood and vanilla.
  • Jennifer Aniston recently released her first fragrence she calls Lola Vie.
  • Sarah Jessica Parker also released her perfume she called SJP NYC.
  • Taylor Momsen launched a fragrence called Love Rocks.
  • Reese Witherspoon released her first perfume with Avon called In Bloom. Notes of gardenia blossoms and lush florals, with amber wood and peach tea leaves. Inspired by her life and childhood in Tennesse and all of the large magnolia trees.
  • Pamela Anderson released her first two fragrences, Malibu Blue and Malibu Pink.  Malibu Blue contains notes of wild berries and white florals, and Malibu Pink which combines sandalwood, caramel and vanilla bourbon.
  • Kate Moss began selling her fourth perfume the end of last year, called Vintage. Notes of pink pepper, white freesia and mandarin, with a heart of heliotrope, jasmine and almond flower and base notes of tonka bean, vanilla and skin musks.

So what do you think of celebrity fragrences?​

I love my Hilary Duff perfume and my second favorite is Live by J.Lo!  I would like to see how Katy Perry's smell even if its just to check out the cute bottle. lol

I'm not a fan of celebrity perfumes.  I've never purchased one, I've never found one I liked.  I really don't want to answer anyone that asked what perfume I am wearing that I am smelling like Britney Spears or Pamela Anderson???  :

I used to steer clear of them, but some of them are just sooo good. I used to like the Paris Hilton ones when I was younger, but as I get older the smell is too much for my nose. At the moment I have Sarah Jessica Parker and I love it. I buy purely for the smell, not the name.

I don't care if it's a celeb fragrance, I just care that it smells good. I have purchased both. I will say that I am more prone to buy a fragrance from a celeb I like. I love Kim Kardashian and went to test her perfume. It wasn't my cup of tea though, kind grannyish IMO.

I refuse to buy celebrity fragrances. Most of them don't even wear it, it's just a cash in.

There are plenty of non-celeb fragrances that smell much better.

Have to admit I love Paris Hilton (the actual fragrance that is!) - I bought it on holiday a couple of years back and it always reminds me of summer. Also like JLo Glow, this is a nice clean scent. I don't normally go on the hunt for celeb fragrances specifically though.

I have never sought out or purchased a celebrity fragrence myself, but a few years ago my mom bought me a JLo perfume for Christmas.

It was a nice smelling scent and I wore it. I was in my late teens when I liked it.

i really like jlo's Glow,  it smells really nice on me.  It's funny how the same perfume can smell totally different on another person, yet when people aren't wearing any fragrance you can't (at least me) cannot smell a person's natural smell..

I guess I could if i was at their neck, but that would be a bit odd, haha.

Haven't bought any of celebrity perfumes yet.  But I like Katy Perry's perfume bottle.
icon_biggrin.gif

I use Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume.  So, I might try Taylor Swift's fragrance.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a fan of celebrity perfumes.  I've never purchased one, I've never found one I liked.  I really don't want to answer anyone that asked what perfume I am wearing that I am smelling like Britney Spears or Pamela Anderson???  :

I'm with you on that! I always check out the new perfumes celebrities come out with, but I've never really found one I like enough to buy. I tend to stick with Lacoste in the summer an Burberry in the Winter. I guess I prefer designers to celebrities when it comes to perfume!

I steer clear of celebrity-inspired perfumes because it's very gimmick-y. Companies will just slap the name of someone that's hot right now onto a product so it will sell better. I believe that if it was a good product, it wouldn't need Eva Longoria or whoever's name helping it sell better. I'll stick with Marc Jacobs and YSL and other brands that I've had a lot of luck with.

I don't like to buy celebrity fragrances either. But I have Pattie Labelle fragrance and it smells wonderful. Someone I know had some on and it smelled so fresh and clean I had to get some.

It doesn't matter to me if it's celebrity or not. My faves are Jessica Simpson's Fancy, Britney Spears' Fantasy, Beyonce's Heat, Kat Von D's Sinner, Queen Latifah's Queen and Paris Hilton's Can Can. I still need to buy Jean Paul Gaultier's Classique.

I have Hilary Duff.

I SO want to try Jennifer Anniston's, i love her.

btw. LMFAo @ Justin Bieber....

I usually stay away from celebrity perfumes, most seem to all smell the same to me after a while. Although I really do like Jessica Simpson's Fancy, I love the bottle too! It's very...fancy. XD

I think most of these celebrities are just slapping their names on fragrances for the money. I can't stand that, but I will buy a perfume if I like the smell of it. 

I wore Curious when I was 17. Since then, the appeal of celebrity fragrances - especially Britney's - has kind of gone downhill. I feel a little too old to be wearing Britney, or Paris' (not that I'm a fan of hers...) offerings, but I also feel way too young to wear Chanel No. 5 (not a celebrity perfume, but it is what it is.) I actually love Kate Moss' original. It's not my favourite, but it's light enough to work for al fresco Summer lunches, work, etc. Other than that, I have no interest in any celebrity fragrances. I seem to love Kate Moss; that Parisienne ad of hers sold me on Parisienne as well... I personally, will always have a soft spot for White Diamonds, by Elizabeth Taylor - or any of her offerings. Probably like most 20 and 30-somethings, I distinctly remember my late Gran wearing her WD EDT, and red lipstick during holidays and special occasions. Despite the 'old lady' label and association, I find it - like La Liz - to be a super-glamourous perfume, very old world, and definately 'right' when a woman's body chemistry can pull it off. Sadly, it just smells like cat wee on me, so I cannot wear it. Maybe it is best for the octogenarian crowd?

I am actually selling Fergie's Outspoken fragrance for $25. It is brand new a never opened package, but since I already have one and I am broke as a whistle I decided to sell this one because it is unopened and I have more then 12 other fragrances,

I love Kate Moss and Paris Hilton's perfumes. Used to love Curious, but not that much anymore...

Back